Deity Challenge 7 - Montezuma-Pangea

Hammer Rabbi

Deity
GOTM Staff
reserved. i screwed up this post attachments.

Attachments

• Montezuma_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    511.6 KB · Views: 233
Okay, here goes another challenge.

Standard settings/speed, pangea, quick combat enabled, all DLCs required (except Map Cradles).

Start pic.jpg

Victory Updates:

Old Peter - 226 - Dom
Light Cleric - 257 - Dom
Grendeldef - 255 - Sci

tommynt and dutchengineer beat it without finishing with a FCV (foregone conclusion victory), haha.

If I have missed any, lemme know.

Wow, beautiful looking start. Two different choices of riverside hill w/neighboring lux+stone, both of them good for wonder building (Marble, forest). SW spot looks better for food. Marsh will slow you down eventually, but not too bad for the short term. Is this the Deity start you said that was super hard? :D

Wow, beautiful looking start. Two different choices of riverside hill w/neighboring lux+stone, both of them good for wonder building (Marble, forest). SW spot looks better for food. Marsh will slow you down eventually, but not too bad for the short term. Is this the Deity start you said that was super hard? :D

yeah, but it's because of neighbors. terrain is fine, and your jaguar can make decent distance thru jungle/forests. i'll post some of my experience after a few more have seen this. i took a few screenies of seeing someone found a religion at t27 (didnt know that was possible) and GL at t28 (happens but was quite daunting when it followed the religion turn).

If Peter says it's 'perfect' it's probably next to impossible, haha.

Hammer Rabbi, that reigious somebody is probably Spain.. I had turn 30 reigion as Spain few times, when spawned near Sinai.

The Celts can also found a religion ridiculously fast if they start out with enough forest or extra faith terrain. Any time I see a pantheon founded in under 10 turns, I assume the Celts are in play.

Spain can get one that fast. Was it Christianity? Spain, Ethipopia and Celts usually pick Chrsitianity.

There are some good hammers here. What about going straight to the wheel for the UB asap?

Augustus is a huge problem. I died my first attempt. :) I love this map :)

Be quick with swords and have a plan for getting iron.

Turn 114.

* Everybody hates me.
* Money so scarce, cant afford to uppgrade to longswords. :) But soon I hope (if I survive).
* Happiness huge problem all the time.
* Going Honor.
* Science 165 is decent.
* Gold yield +68/turn decent, having large army.
* I hate persian 3 movement trebuchets ;).

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0015.jpg
    Civ5Screen0015.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 743
Turn 114.

* Everybody hates me.
* Money so scarce, cant afford to uppgrade to longswords. :) But soon I hope (if I survive).
* Happiness huge problem all the time.
* Going Honor.
* Science 165 is decent.
* Gold yield +68/turn decent, having large army.
* I hate persian 3 movement trebuchets ;).

Hi, how do you manage to get your science to 165 this early and even while your fighting. I am always struggling to keep up with the AI in science on deity even if i go straight for NC and focus all my efforts on science. (Finish either tradition/liberty and then straight on to Rationalisme)

Hi, how do you manage to get your science to 165 this early and even while your fighting. I am always struggling to keep up with the AI in science on deity even if i go straight for NC and focus all my efforts on science. (Finish either tradition/liberty and then straight on to Rationalisme)

Jungle + university = science :crazyeye:

my failures:

Spoiler :
i was trying to do the math in my head as i was falling asleep. the celts if they settle their bonus cities by t5 with 3 forests in each and put a shrine in them can have 9 fpt by around t12-15 i think. pictish faith kills on top of that will get them a sub 30 religion. and yeah, spain certainly if they get any faith wonder from the start with their bonus cities.

yeah, rome took my only other city both times with ballistas and a flood of warriors/spears/comps. in my best defense i had 7 archers (not comps) and a 3xpromo'd spear-jaguar. lost all but two while taking out about 5 of his 15 units. all the spots i want to settle are insta-dow from rome. it sucks not getting good lake/river spots for Floating Gardens.

and 4 faith CS right nearby is unique. It got me a turn 9 pantheon once but, you guessed it, the ONLY pantheon taken was Stone Circles, haha. I did beeline them in another try and got it on t8 and finally got my Circles. still didnt last to t80, haha.

t27 religion.jpgt27 religion2.jpgGL28.jpg

Spain can get one that fast. Was it Christianity? Spain, Ethipopia and Celts usually pick Chrsitianity.

There are some good hammers here. What about going straight to the wheel for the UB asap?

yeah, it was christianity. and youll want wheel asap for comp bows anyway. i havent played Monty in a while and I thoughi Floating Gardens were only for lake tiles but seeing as rivers allow them is really nice. opens up my settling options rather than just looking for lakes. im guessing oasis doesnt count for Fl Gardens?

yeah, it was christianity. and youll want wheel asap for comp bows anyway. i havent played Monty in a while and I thoughi Floating Gardens were only for lake tiles but seeing as rivers allow them is really nice. opens up my settling options rather than just looking for lakes. im guessing oasis doesnt count for Fl Gardens?

A lake is still nice if you can get one in your border. It's 4 food +gold muliplied by your bonuses for landed Elite/UB etc. Essentially a grassland river under Civil Service dozens of turns before that and you dont need a worker to improve the tile, cant be pillaged. Its pretty awsome actually.

So I guess i will bee-line construction, there is marble anyway. Tradition or Liberty?

i was trying liberty since i planned on dom. and i wanted the GP (GE) to assure probly my only pre-industrial wonder. but ive failed miserably so im not sure if you should, haha.

I got wiped out twice so I guess I am done. Second time I went Honor and boy was I making some culture on barb kills. One time 38 in one turn. In the end, sadly Rome captued my city. I settled in place.

Top Bottom