Deity Cookbook restitution #1

Okay I'll throw in a vote. Benginal gets my 3 points. 1 point each to Pollina, Pep and enKage.

I liked the 3 cities and the placement of Orleans which is much better than on top of the stone as several people were forced to due to a barb city. The 3 cities block off some good land for future growth.

Personally I wouldn't wait for more votes. I'm sure many people enjoy playing but don't really care about voting.

The time for voting is up.

Here is the result
1. Pollina 10 points

2. Benginal 6 points
3. Fippy 5 points
4. Zholef 4 points
5. Pepnponcho00 2 points
6. enKage 1 point

So we continue from Pollina's savegame.

It is also possible you continue from your own save game, but to avoid making another NoblesClub, it is allowed only once per game :p

Here is the link you can download savegame from:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13573158&postcount=20

Let us set the deadline to be at Sunday Dec 7th

You think arbitrarily changing the rules whenever you feel like it will keep people motivated?

Continued from my save. Will add some screen shots later.

Attachments

• enKage BC-0375 TURN 100.CivBeyondSwordSave
    165.3 KB · Views: 30
You think arbitrarily changing the rules whenever you feel like it will keep people motivated?

At the beginning I didnt know even what you were thinking of.

Now I got it :] It was about playing own saves only once per game :]

Sorry for the confusion. I was pretty convinced I wrote this at the start (as I was also sure that was in the orginal cookbooks). I checked it again and you are right. I didnt mention that.

As not to change the rules during the game, feel free to continue all sets from own save, but you are adviced not to do this too often. Just to make this format unique and different from NC.

Played from Pollina's 2000 bc save.

finished masonry started on aesth for trade fodder
finished current build orders
start settler in capital start building axes in orleans
1480 finish settler in paris start another, finish 2 chops
1440 settle rheims 1 NW of horses
1320 finish next settler start on library in capital
1280 settle tours on coast 1N of 2nd gold in the east
850 bc I have a small force ready to warm up against the barb city in the south
chariot vs archer in the open (73%) dead
follow up chariot wins
axe vs archer in city (56%) wins
800 bc trade aesthetics to dutch for a partially researched alphabet (no one else has alph)
trade writing to india for hunting/myst
775 renew attack on barb city
win 75% attack with axe and a 22% attack with chariot and I raze the city
trade aesth to babylon for IW and fishing
750 trade aesth to india to poly, sail and archery
700 Surveya about to settle north of razed barb city (1E of iron) so I DOW to keep him from the metal
I steal 3 workers and kill his settler and chariot - now to survive the counterattack

500 bc

Survived counter and invading Surveya's land. Have a stack of 6 chariots 3 axe 1 spear next to Angkor Wat but I'm planning to keep on towards the capital and take it first in 3 turns. I have 4 axe and a spear built and on the way to help and 3 more axe all to be finished next turn. Surveya has currency so after I take key cities I'll give peace for currency and maybe a few more techs.

We have 5 cities 22 population 76 bpt but currently running on zero tech and making a puny 6 gpt.
Academy and library in the capital, barracks/granary in 2 cities and a granary in the other 2.

Need to keep moving fast to have a chance in this game.

Attachments

• enKage pattontwo BC-0500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    160.4 KB · Views: 48
playing from my own 2000 bc save
finished masonry started on aesth for trade fodder
1000 bc founded horse city 1NW of horses
950 finished aesthetics
925 great scientist for academy
875 trade aesth with dutch for math/hunt/fish
850 trade aesth with surveya for IW and myst
525 finished construction start on currency
500 bc attack surveya this turn. can steal 4 workers and take over their iron and then pillage it
starting to build cats and should be ready for a solid invasion in 5-10 turns. I'll pick off any units they send at me and then invade when I have 5-6 cats along with my current forces
I have 10 axe and 3 spears to go with the cats I'll start rushing

I'm behind the game I played from pollina's save but in some ways I like this position better. I have math and construction but not alpha though I can get alph via trade or better yet via war.
In the other game my forces are axes and chariots but I like my stack of axes and (shortly) cats better though my war will be lagging the other save by ~15 turns.
Only 4 cities though.

Attachments

• pattontwo original game BC-0500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    153.8 KB · Views: 46
Here’s my T100 save. 8 cities, 30 pop, 9 workers, ~140 bpt @ 100% research, Pyramids in Orleans, Academy in Paris.

Couldn’t resist the temptation to go for Maths instead of Aesthetics after Masonry. (I love my 30 :hammers: chops.) I guess I was very lucky that I got there before anyone else. After putting some beakers into Alpha, so I could trade for it, I went straight to CoL and even founded Confu. Got IW, Currency, Calendar, Monarchy, and some ancient era techs in trade. I could get CS in 8-10 turns, or I could go for the Music Artist, since no one has Aesthetics yet. Without marble, I probaly prefer CS.

Did not play the diplo game very well. Sury and WvO are teching like crazy. WvO is on his way to vassal Hammurabi. Ragnar is slowly but steadily taking out Gandhi. He could be bribed off, but there is a chance that he would come for me next. I’m not exactly safe from Sury either. My plan is to switch into Bureau and OR when I get to CS which should eventually get him to pleased. Of course, he might still declare…

Forgot to put my EP on Sury or WvO. Again. :blush:

Here are some screenshots:

empire:
Spoiler :

capital:
Spoiler :

tech:
Spoiler :

diplo:
Spoiler :

Edit: Love the other saves so far. I don't think I've ever tried to rush a deity AI at normal speed with axes and chariots. Shows what a hopeless peacemonger I am.

Attachments

• enKage BC-0375_pollina.CivBeyondSwordSave
    165.4 KB · Views: 44
I am terribly sorry to be out for some time as it was totally unexpected also for me, meaning also I had to skip the turnset.

In order not to delay i propose make a quick voting between Pollina and Patton.
Usually the rule is to submit only 1 set per player, but this time there was "so many" submits, that I think it is logical to allow two Patton's saves for voting.

OR
Because only 2 players took a set, I think there is also a better option to play next set from any savegame one wants. Is ity OK for everybody? I think it is better option.

I am terribly sorry to be out for some time as it was totally unexpected also for me, meaning also I had to skip the turnset.

In order not to delay i propose make a quick voting between Pollina and Patton.
Usually the rule is to submit only 1 set per player, but this time there was "so many" submits, that I think it is logical to allow two Patton's saves for voting.

OR
Because only 2 players took a set, I think there is also a better option to play next set from any savegame one wants. Is ity OK for everybody? I think it is better option.

I count 4 saves by 3 players. Anyway, it seems to me that there's simply not enough interest in Deity-level Cookbook games.

Oh ! Sorry!

I missed your post!

So it looks like voting makes sense.

Let us vote for 2 days

Top Bottom