Ottomans= AI

House Rules:

No building of Cities east of the Urals or the Caspian Sea
Open Scenario
No turn time limit
Human Starting Positions Known from start
All Human Players can chat from the start

my email: nick_dowling@hotmail.com

PBEM games should only ever be played at Prince level. At all the other levels the Civ engine will screw around with the game.

If you haven't seen it, here's FMK and Henrik's PBEM guide. It should answer everyones PBEM related questions :)

Originally posted by Case

PBEM games should only ever be played at Prince level. At all the other levels the Civ engine will screw around with the game.

Why is that? Well, Prince level is ok (hope the AI will not be too unorthodox, though) ;)
Thank you Case, downloaded the faq and studying it now...

My email: patricmayer@hotmail.com

(Damn, we still need sb. 2 play the French...)

Damn, we still need sb. 2 play the French...)

Well, if you get completely stuck, I could always be the French, though it'd be nice to have 4 participants, and I'd rather be Prussian !

I'll send my email address to both of you privately.

btw - are we gonna post to this thread, or do it purely via email ?

hi people
I would like to play the french.
It'll be my first PBEM, but I have already downloaded the scen and played with the French. Played it on prince and conquered the whole of Europe, so I think I can do it.
thx, yop

my e-mail is yop73@hotmail.com

P.S. Do I need to download a special version, or is the version of this site ok?

Originally posted by Yop73
hi people
I would like to play the french.
It'll be my first PBEM, but I have already downloaded the scen and played with the French. Played it on prince and conquered the whole of Europe, so I think I can do it.
thx, yop

P.S. Do I need to download a special version, or is the version of this site ok?

Hello and Welcome,
Seems we are all complete now :goodjob: , sooo when R we starting people ?

I'm enclosing the newest update :) please make sure we all have the latest version (2.5.S) :p

Hi W.i.n.t.e.r, Case and Yop73 (welcome aboard!),

I've just downloaded the updates (thanks W.i.n.t.e.r :goodjob: ) and will go off in a few minutes and start to convert them for my Mac tonight (just got in from work). So, I should be ready to go tomorrow (Friday).
I'll email here once I've got the files converted (in case there are any problems) just to confirm I am actually ready and it's all behaving itself !

Henrik answered my technical question - thanks a million Henrik !!:) :) - and I guess we just need to agree on the events file, as Yop asked.

Yop - I'll send you my email address privately ok ;)

thx

Frunobulax

P.S. just thought I'd ask, but where are you all geographicaly speaking - I'm in London.... just curious to know !

Ah, just noticed Case is in Australia, but how about the rest of yez ?

Hi All,

just to confirm that the Prussians are now fully prepared, after a successful file conversion of the latest GNB update in double-quick (march) time. I'm using the MP Events file too - hope that's correct.

Just to check the running order, I make it:

French - Yop73
Prussians - Frunobulax
British - Case
Austrians - W.i.n.t.e.r

Are we agreed and are we all ready ?

What events files shall we use?
The MP events seem the right choise, but are not included in the batch

Any will do, actually- if you want to have the French feel load either the MP one or the French one ... :)

This turn, not much happened. Moved all units. Our strategy will be to try to get control of the seas, and on the main land, we will be quiet for now.

General Nelson, the allied fleet commander is encircled, an ambush has been set up to get the money, which will help the great emperor, Napoleon in his conquest of Europe.

The revolution shall contain.

Vive la Révolution, vive la France. :soldier:

Cuz I'm not so experienced with PBEM, and I'm not so good, I thought that 3 players versus 1 is a little bit difficult.
Maybe we can rediscuss the alliances. I'd prefer to be allied with Prussia. You can mail me, but I still don't have your mail address.

Thx, Yop

Cuz I'm not so experienced with PBEM, and I'm not so good, I thought that 3 players versus 1 is a little bit difficult.
Maybe we can rediscuss the alliances. I'd prefer to be allied with Prussia. You can mail me, but I still don't have your mail address.

Thx, Yop

Don't worry Yop,
During the period of the Napoleonic War(s) there were many diplomatic re-allignements. In fact Prussia was (!) allied to France at certain times (after having been defeated in two separate battles). Of course we all know that it was also the Prussian army that aided the British one at Waterloo- against Napoleon this time... The game allows you to forge alliences, and to declare war in any way you may seem fit ;).

The initial setup is just for historical accuracy- certainly you may ally with whomever you chose- i.e if Prussia is positive about it you can surely make a deal with Fruno :D ... for a price...

Hey we've started :goodjob: - excellent news,

just downloaded Yop's save file, but am still at work (yes I know, and it's a Friday too) ! Will be home in about 2 hours (it's now 7.28pm GMT) and load it up and make my moves...

Anyway, I expect to post my save on here about 10-11pm GMT tonight for Case.

i.e if Prussia is positive about it you can surely make a deal with Fruno ... for a price...

:king: Message from Berlin...

Prussian Foreign Minister:
"Prussia welcomes diplomatic contact with it's European neighbours."

"Reports indicate that King Frederick Frunobulax III's officials are presently in talks with Austria's King Francis de Winter II over the possible annexation of Leipzig and Munich to counter French military threats in the region; this follows unconfirmed reports of the capture of the Turkish City of Alexandria by French forces in Egypt.... a Prussian Foreign Ministry official stated that this "..surely indicated beyond doubt the aggressive nature of France's foreign policy".

Report from the French minister of defence, in La Cotidienne Paris:

"French minister of defence has confirmed that the Turkish city of Alexandria has been captured, after accusations of a Prussian newspaper. The first ship with Ancient Egyptian art has already arrived in Marseille. The valuable pieces will be brought to the Louvre Museum in Paris."

Top Bottom