Deity Gnb Pbem Planned !!!

It is hereby made public and official that a cease of hostilities between the French Republic and the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy is being watched for the duration of the conferences concerning the future shape of Central Europe.

It is Austria's wish that Frankfurt is to be spared from shelling until a conclusion is reached in these talks- Austria does recognise French dominance over the South-West territories of the German Empire. The advance on Frankfurt (military sources have indicated doubts concerning French potential to take the city anytime before September) however, is at the time unacceptable to Austria's Allies, whose judgement will be respected. Even though the matter concerns central Europe alone, we would like to invite the Russo-British Coalition to the event. The Kaiser welcomes the possibility for a more active role of the Austrian high seas Fleet- which would be greatly expanded if Britain was to share its Naval Technology...

*(Yop: This is duable as with units, money, tech by giving presents in the diplomacy menu)*

The Prussian Foreign Minster announced late this evening that, in a move to calm fears amongst it's citizenship and maintain peaceful relations, it has reluctantly agreed with Emperor Napoleon's claim on the city of Frankfurt (which is presently under siege by French forces) and also that of Amsterdam.

This is made on the understanding that France renounces all claims for the cities Hamburg and Kobenhaven.

----

thx for the file Yop :)

The Prussian Defence Ministry reports no engagements this month.

Repairs are in effect to a severely damaged, but battle proven Prussian frigate, just this week returned from a successful engagement near Kobenhaven in May.

A Russian frigate has been reported off Prussia's north-eastern Baltic shore, though there seems no cause for concern at this time, and the Russian Ambassador to Berlin insisted it was merely on exercise.

- - -
Berlin Zeitung - late evening bulletin #2

Frederick Frunobulax III has welcomed the cessation of hostilities between the French Republic and Prussia's ally, the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy.

However, there seems to be a slight difference of official position developing in Berlin and Wien over the fate of Frankfurt, now that Austria has announced it's firm belief that France's claim is not acceptable, and that Frankfurt be spared any bombardment. Whereas Prussia appears to have agreed in principle to France's claim, in return for assurances over Hamburg and Kobenhaven.

In other news, a Prussian Naval official was in full agreement with Austrian opinion that Britain might be amenable to sharing its Naval Technology at some point, though the nature of any possible deal is pure speculation at this juncture.

Over to you Case !

Foreign Delegations Arrive

In the past month Whitehall has been the home of delegations from Prussia and Austria. The Times believes that the delegations have come to plan joint operations against the hated French.

Official reports from the Residence have been scarce this week, as secrecy is kept, in the light of high level talks between Alliance leaders. "Austria would not want to provoke the French Generality to break the cease of hostility imposed, or the hold of fire negociated for Frankfurt, by radical requests or actions. -Perhaps even a formal sign of a Cease Fire can be achieved, as our delegates have been instructed to treat the French cordially.

In the meantime a Peace treaty favourable to Austria has been signed with the Paddishah in Istanbul, the Austrian coffers being filled with reparation payments. Parts of the high seas fleet have been sent on patrol of the re-opened trade routes with the Turkish shores...

This month, not much happened. Rumour is spread that the egyptian army has suffered a minor defeat. The French minister of Foreign affairs denies.
Canons have reïnforced the troops surrounding Frankfurt.

BTW. Winter, is a real cease fire ok?

Talks with representatives of the British government being held at Whitehall, London, are set to continue this month. The Prussian delegation have no further news at this time.

In Prussia it has been a quiet month, time passes, leaves fall, people grow old....

Malta Taken!

Following a bombardment by Admiral Nelson, British troops have siezed the Island of Malta. King Case I has announced that in honor of this achievement Admiral Nelson is to receive a lordship.

According to government insiders who have spoken to The Times, the capture of Malta is the first stage in Britain's planned liberation of Egypt!

An Austrian flotilla on patrol of the Central Mediterranean has confirmed astonishing British reports on the fall of Malta! Further speculation on French reports of "a minor defeat" against Turkish forces in Egypt has indicated that amongst the losses were Napoleon's personal Mounted Guard Regiments.
On the mainland the month of September was maily ruled by movements of newly issued Artillery convoys and by the transport of several infantry regiments to more foreward positions. All is calm...

The recent happenings in the Mediterranean (a.o.) have changed the Kaiser's attitude towards Central European security policy:

"We are prepared to give up any claim on the Reichsstadt of FRANKFURT, if it remains, together with HAMBURG to form a Neutral bufferzone between the Franco-Prussian and the Franco-Austrian zones of interest- this would also enable all sides to bind less troops in the border regions (in fear of surprise attacks of another great power). The Prussians would have their say to the North and East of these two cities; the French to the South and West- Austria claims only the German territories it holds so far!

The Prussian Foreign Minister has expressed interest in Kaiser Francis II's calls for the cities and FRANKFURT and HAMBURG to form a neutral buffer zone between France and the lands of the Austro-Prussian Alliance. As yet there has no official response from Paris on the matter.

Reports of the unexpected capture of Malta by British forces have been greeted with amazement in Berlin, and fuelled speculation about further British activities in the Mediterranean.

Case, what have I done to you: "anti-French coalition"+"capture of La Valetta" (':(').

This month in La Quotidienne:
An interview with the republican minister of defence.

"This month, French troops taking the hills of Napoli, have stormed the city. It was taken without any losses. A new French governour has been installed in the city.

Also this turn, the revolt in Paris has been destroyed. The troops loyal to Robbespierre have surrendered. Napoleons rule has been reastablished, but now as elected ruler.

French forces have attacked Frankfurt and in this engagement, the prince of Baden, who visited the city has been taken hostage.
Later on this week, he has been killed with the guillotine, after a judge founded him guilty of "preventing the glorious Revolution to take ground in the western part of the Reinbund". His private castle has been sold for 1250 oz. of gold to an anonymous buyer.

But as a sign of good will, the French forces have not 'yet' entered the city of Frankfurt, though they cleared all the defences.

It is known that the city has a large treasury inside. Thus it is temptating. But we will now await any Austro-Prussian comments about the future of the prosperous city."

---------------------------------------
here's the file

The news of France's attack on the city of Frankfurt, and the execution by guillotine of the Prinz of Baden, have stirred-up public feeling in Berlin.

King Frederick Frunobulax III is in urgent consultation with his ally, Kaiser Francis II of Austria, as well as King Case of Britian, over the fate of Frankfurt. A representative of the Prussian Foreign Minister is en route to Baden to consult with Napoleon's officials there (Napoleon himself is still believed to be in Egypt).

We reprint here a letter from Iohannes Soute, Prussian Foreign Minister, sent to Emperor Napoleon in Egypt on the fate of Frankfurt...

----------

Dear Emperor Napoleon of France,

I am currently consulting with minsters of my ally, Kaiser Francis II of Austria, over the fate of Frankfurt and the position of the Austro-Prussian Alliance on this matter.

I am writing to you to put forward one possible solution - that Prussia occupies Frankfurt, with a limited garrison of two units, and in return gives you a formal declaration that we will not ally with Britain. I stress that this is but one option, and is not yet the official position of either Prussia nor the Austro-Prussian Alliance. As ever, we wish to maintain peaceful relations with France, though we were saddened to learn of the fate of the Prinz of Baden.

I shall have a copy of this letter published in Berlin Zeitung immediately, so our negotiations remain clear to all parties.

I await your response.

Yours faithfully,

Iohannes Soute,

Prussian Foreign Minister.

----------

P.S. Iohannes Soute is an anagram of my name!

Berlin Zeitung apologises (again) for the delay in bringing the news, but the printing presses in Telefraggenstrasse are now rolling again

Diplomatic talks have continued between France and Prussia over the fate of Frankfurt, with diplomatic couriers hurrying between Cairo and Berlin.

We reprint, with the agreement of the French authorities, the following letter received by Iohannes Soute, Prussian Foreign Minister from Cairo :

Dear Iohannes Soute,

I might have a proposal of my own. Instead of you taking the city, I take him myself (and you can have the money if you want). When I do this, I confirm I shall not attack the other Reinbund cities. So you can choose to leave this neutral buffer or occupy it yourself. But you will need to affirm of not allying with England.

If you think this is a better idea please inform me.

Napoleon, from Cairo.

P.S. you can put this is the Zeitung.

The Frankfurt Protocol

In a reply to Napoleon's letter from Cairo, the Prussian Foreign Minister outlined the following revised proposals :

• Prussian Chevaliers from Berlin to enter Frankfurt this month and take any gold found there
  • Prussian forces immediately leave Frankfurt this month and return to Berlin
  • Frankfurt then to remain as empty buffer city under nominal Prussian governance
  • No Prussian military garrison established there, nor Reservist units formed; no military improvements to be made
  • Prussia assures non-alliance with Britian
  • 150 gold to be given to France by Prussia as a gesture of goodwill and continued peaceful intent
  • Frankfurt's governor will oversee the building of domestic improvements only
  • Any occupation of Frankfurt by military forces belonging to either Prussia or France will constitute an Act of War against the other party
  • Any occupation of Frankfurt by a third party (e.g. forces loyal to the Neutral Alliance) will constitute an Act of War against Prussia & France

The Prussian Foreign Minister, Iohannes Soute, reports that no reply has been received yet from Cairo.

After the reading of an article in the Berlin Zeitung, Our minister of Foreign affairs states a comment:

"Your proposal about Frankfurt is fine, but I would like to see some changes:
- Why not letting French forces taking the city
- If you take the city, I would like to have 1/2 of the money instead of less than 10%
- What about the other cities? I need at least one more coastal city for my war against England."

With this phrase, he ends his words.

The Prussian Foreign Minister has just issued this formal reply to the changes the French Foreign Minsiter is now seeking:

"Why not letting French forces taking the city"

We are in a position to do so this month, and since you previously stated that you were happy for Prussia to take the gold in Frankfurt we could do so and then leave immediately, as per our suggested Frankfurt Protocol.

"If you take the city, I would like to have 1/2 of the money instead of less than 10%"

You previously stated that you were happy for us to have ALL the money !

"Instead of you taking the city, I take him myself (and you can have the money if you want)"

...I am now perplexed by this sudden change in position.

"What about the other cities? I need at least one more coastal city for my war against England"

Again, you had previously stated that you would agree not to attack any other cities of the Reinbund...

"I confirm I shall not attack the other Reinbund cities. So you can choose to leave this neutral buffer or occupy it yourself"

The Prussian Foreign Minister added that since France seems to be changing it's position with every communication it makes, Frederick Furnobulax III is beginning to grow impatient with these negotiations. Hopes are faltering over the likelihood of an amicable agreement over Frankfurt.

After some comments about the French proposal, the minister of Foreign affairs reacted:

"We are in a position to do so this month, and since you previously stated that you were happy for Prussia to take the gold in Frankfurt we could do so and then leave immediately, as per our suggested Frankfurt Protocol.

Well, if the Prussians think it's so important, they can have the city. It was just a suggestion, asking a proper reason why your troops should take the city.

You previously stated that you were happy for us to have ALL the money !

That was only if I could take the city without restrictions on what I should build and what I needed to do. If you take the city however, I don't see any reason why you would get the money.

Again, you had previously stated that you would agree not to attack any other cities of the Reinbund...

That was, again, if I got Frankfurt without any restrictions.

We would love to have a amicable agreement over Frankfurt, but every proposal stands on his own. You can not take all components from one proposal and mix them with your own proposal

Greetings, in the name of Napoleon

The Prussian Foreign Minister has issued the following statement in reply :

If Emperor Napoleon is agreeable, Prussia will enter Frankfurt this month, and then pay France 450 gold pieces as a token of goodwill and peaceful intent. The city of Amsterdam will be France's to take if they so choose. Hamburg and Kobenhaven will be for Prussia. Prussia will agree not to seek an alliance with Britian. We look forward to Napoleon's response.

Top Bottom