Department of General Musings

well tubs, you've destroyed my lifestyle.

I'll now go into hybernation and try to recover.

By all men presents (this is legal terminology in the US) I still can't say what I really want to about dinsog.

By all men presents, let it be known that whomper's grandma has told me to be quiet, thus I shall (except for a few select threads). BTW, here's grandma:

Happy Birthday Whomp!

You play a critical role in teh KISS cast. Thanks for all your hard work.

Attachments

• moe howard---7.jpg
    moe howard---7.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 205
Thanks kids. As Tubby would say dirt just added another year. :D

I'm not sure just what to say. It's been very quiet in here lately, and I guess it's not nearly so much fun to be playing from behind as it was when we seemed to be winning. Just wanted to let our fearless leader, Whomp, know he's not completely alone and has some support. I do check in here daily.

I love you, man, Whomp!!! :cry:

gmaharriet said:
I'm not sure just what to say. It's been very quiet in here lately, and I guess it's not nearly so much fun to be playing from behind as it was when we seemed to be winning. Just wanted to let our fearless leader, Whomp, know he's not completely alone and has some support. I do check in here daily.

I love you, man, Whomp!!! :cry:
;) Thanks Gram. You're the best.

Is it just me or does interest in civ ebb and flow? it seems like at times everyone is on and contributing and other times only one or two people are doing things. It's not just this game, it's SG's, SGOTM's, GOTM's, SP games, PBEM's, PTBS's, etc.

EDIT:: oh and Whomp I love you too :love:

Tubby Rower said:
Is it just me or does interest in civ ebb and flow? it seems like at times everyone is on and contributing and other times only one or two people are doing things. It's not just this game, it's SG's, SGOTM's, GOTM's, SP games, PBEM's, PTBS's, etc.
I've seen that too. I think it is more pronounced now that CIV has really taken root. Plus, football season (but not for me) and SGOTM 11.

EDIT: Kudos to you, Whomp, for plugging away on this thing, when the team input is so low. :goodjob:

Tubby Rower said:
Is it just me or does interest in civ ebb and flow?
I think people get busy with other things during the summer, like vacations, and then it's sports and back-to-school. Things here will probably pick up when the weather gets nasty and we all have to stay indoors to keep warm and dry.:snowcool:

I check in here almost every day. I suppose I can start stiring up trouble just to get some response. :mischief:

So will the White Sox make the playoffs?

i check in daily, just there isnt so much to say and i can appreciate now why the TNT forum was so dead when we had one city for such a length of time.

We need to start planning our comeback.

Sir Bugsy said:
So will the White Sox make the playoffs?
Sure they will, they're only 6 games out of first place :rolleyes: ; the local Rangers started their August crash and burn back in July and are 10 games out of first.

And even the Cubs, whilst in second place in the NL Central, are 7.0 games back.

Looks like another year of watching the Yankees. :mad:

My White Sox are collapsing like a bad lung. Thanks for the reminder Ichiro. :D

How about them Bears? :dance:

Whomp said:
My White Sox are collapsing like a bad lung. Thanks for the reminder Ichiro. :D

How about them Bears? :dance:

It looks like the WSox took lessons from the Cubs this season.

Don't get tooooo excited about them Bears yet. It's just two games.
But still ... GO BEARS!!! :clap: :woohoo: :dance: :high5:
Beat the Vikes. :viking:

Is it just me or does interest in civ ebb and flow? it seems like at times everyone is on and contributing and other times only one or two people are doing things.

tubs, it is just you. you have issues dude. ;)

Never argue with the Admiral. There's nothing worse than having no issues and arguing about it with him until you actually get some by the osmosis from Igor's legendary willpower pouring into yours.

Imagine what I must have been thinking when I checked in on the game yesterday for the first time since April. Some ... um ... changes seem to have taken place. :sad: A comeback at this point would be legendary.

:sheep: had to try it

Top Bottom