Department of Naval Operations

Admiral Kutzov

Idiot Emeritus
To: Dept of Geek and Numbers, Dept of Diplo Relations & Scouting

RE: Operation Gilligan

Chief Petty Officer Igor has just returned from the beach with a report from our simple shaman.

The shaman report that construction of our first successful wooden floating device is nearing completion. To summarize:

Test one revealed that rocks are not an appropriate construction material for vehicular transportation as Research Person goes down with the ship despite the ritual chanting that was done the night before. Although that may have had more to do with the banner grape harvest than anything else.

Test two revealed that horses and fish are not related. The horses had no ability to submerse for extended periods of time. Research Person 2 is replaced.

Test three was somewhat out of the box. Our shaman gathered thousands of monkeys from the wilds and provided them with tools. The old adage was quickly disproven as the monkeys necessitated a search for Research Person 4

Test four was likewise unsuccessful due to our continued grape harvests. However our of the brigther apprenctices noticed that the casks actually float when one throws them in the water. this lead to a breakthrough in design and rapid development of a prototype began. While having the research students conduct cask races proved to have amusement value for the citizenry, a slight course change was needed. Research apprentices were placed into the empty casks. After several minor set-backs it was determined that the lids should be removed. Then one of Chief Igor's cousins, an apprentice at the test site, held aloat an undergarment which filled with the winds and propelled her to victory in Cask Race 42.

From those humble beginnings, hull and sail design advanced rapidly and we are now on the precipice of deployment.

A Hale man has been designated "Skipper" of our soon to be completed boat. With him will be his little buddies, mary ann and ginger. the professor will accompany to record scientific progress.

Unfortunately, our financial backers, the Howells were lost as shark food, when some gold fell overboard and they went in after it. Fortunately, a previously undiscovered will has emerged that makes the Dept of Naval Operations the sole beneficiary of their estate.

our wooden floating device is now preparing for launch. the simple people wish to invite some combat settler along for the ride. however our transportation capacity is not yet large enough.

Research continues.

Bravo, Captain!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

After reading the reports a question presents itself. What DO you do with a drunken sailor earliiiii in the morning?

Put him in bed with the Captain's daughter!
Ear-lie in the morn-in'!

Put him in a longboat till he's sober!
Ear-lie in the morn-in'!

I guess the Admiral has his day planned then. :D

Excellent repertee!!! Vert clever.
BB

see my comments in the diplo thread. no limitations on sea movement. dam* the torpeados, full spead ahead. run silent, run deep. to the shores of tripoli. get over the shy and go meet peeps.

With MIA sighting a boat I would get that curraugh moving CCW. Hopefully they are going N along our continental coast exploring and we will meet them. If we count the turns since they made contact we should be able to plot where they came across. If it was a suicide we should be able to suicide across the same squares and see them.

well d'nut met them. I assume that they are in the SW of their continent. Which means that TNT is in the NE.

I would rather make contact with TNT since they might be trading with D'nuts and then we won't be in the rear position of this train. Also this will give us a scouting eye on the other continent.

Ave. Joe can make his way along the western coast and if they are coming up that side then we'll wave to their boat. If they go CCW around our continent then they'll run upon our cities sooner than we could meet them.

'Slinger there is at least one safe coastal crossing between each continent. So my guess is it's west of us since we are so far east. It just so happened D'nut went south instead of north is my guess.

@ A-K what do you want to name your dinghy? Currently it is called "Hey you!!"

Tubby Rower said:
"Hey you!!"
Bless you. ;)
Should we have a specifically for thread for pictures and cartography only?

like the babe thread.... sure ok

Top Bottom