1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Design your own Civ VI civ

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Morningcalm, Aug 14, 2016.

1. SlySlySly

SlySlySly Warlord

England - Alternate Leader:
    Mary I Tudor
    Leader Ability - Bloody Mary
    --- Inquisitions are 20% more effective and have have a chance to affect nearby cities either within or outside England. Melee units gain 5 attack power when within the borders of cities that don't follow Mary's majority religion.
    Leader Agenda - Anti-Reformation Efforts
    --- Dislikes civilizations with cities that don't all follow the same religion. Utilizes inquisitors as much as possible to create a homogenous religious following across England.

Knightfall likes this.
  2. Pitohui

Pitohui Chieftain

Napoleon of France

LUA:Grande Armée

Can move up to two units on the same tile.Units on the same tile gain 7% of the other units combat strength as a bonus.

Agenda:Code Civil

Tries to keep his Cities happy and hates Civs that have unhappy cities,especially if they have a different government type than him.

Knightfall likes this.
  3. Foxiron

Foxiron Chieftain

The Franks

Leader: Clovis I
    (Charlemange, though a famous frankish king, has felt a bit overdone, and was also Holy Roman Emperor, so I would like to leave him a a dual leader idea.)
    Leader Unique Ability: First Frankish King
    +7 combat vs free cities, and capturing one grants a free melee unit and -20 loyalty to other civs cities within 9 tiles.
    Unique Ability: The Most Pious Kingdom
    Converting another civ's religion to yours causes -20 loyalty in that city. Having your worship building in your city causes 20% percent more effect loyalty pressure to other cities of that same religion and having your worship building in others cause -20% less loyalty pressure.
    Unique Unit: The Francisa Axeman
    Is cheaper than the the swordsman and requires no resources to be built, but receives -5 combat strength versus more experienced units.
    Unique Building: The Abbey
    Replaces the temple, and generates 0.5 influence points per turn.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019 at 4:32 AM
    Knightfall likes this.
  4. 1Josh96

1Josh96 Chieftain

I think an interesting addition to the Civilization gameplay would be the introduction of colonies that could later be granted independence, dominion or even rebel from their parent nation with a possible nations as:

Mexico
    Leader: Ferdinand Maximilian Joseph or Lazaro Cardenas

Canada
    Leader: Wilfrid Laurier

Australia
    Leader: John Curtin

Brazil
    Leader: Dom Pedro II

Vietnam
    Leader: Tran Hung Dao

Philippines
    Leader: Jose Rizal

Taiwan
    Leader: Chiang Kai-shek

I intentionally did not put any: Infrastructure, Building, Unit or Agenda as I was interested to see if people thought they should just merely inherit the abilities from their parent nation (who ever founds the nation) or if they themselves should have unique abilities. Another interesting idea is to make the Barbarians a little more formidable against the players and A.I. as they Barbarians have always been able to steal a countries settler why not allow them to found their own city and make a Barbarian country I.E. Norway with Harald Hardrada, Mongolia with Genghis Khan, Tunis with Abu Zakariya, and the Boers with Paul Kruger.

I would appreciate any and all feedback with my suggestions/ideas.

Knightfall likes this.
  5. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

What would be a French Civ without Napoleon? I've asked this question myself, and for this I designed Napoleon. In fact, two of them.

Napoleon I
    upload_2019-11-15_19-57-2.jpeg

Leader Ability: Napoleonic Warfare - Ranged Class units' penalty to damaging cities is removed for Napoleon. Ranged class units gain +1 movement point.
    Agenda: Napoleonic Code - Will try to have as advanced form of government with as many policy slots as possible. Dislikes Civs with government forms inferior to French government, respects those equal to him or better.

Everyone knows Napoleon Bonaparte. Brilliant military mind, great leader even today celebrated in France as national hero, son of a Corsican noble who began his career as an attendant of a military academy and peaked as the Emperor of the French who brought most of Europe under his knee, before being defeated in Russia by Tsar Alexander I and exiled on Elba, only to return to France, almost unbelievably regaining rule over France. The Napoleonic Code became the basis for most European constitutions.
    I based Napoleon's ability purely on his genial use of artillery, represented in game by field cannons rather than bombards. All the way from Siege of Toulon to Waterloo, Napoleon was known for quick movement of his cannons and devastating use of them, being able to use them effectively for any range he wanted.

Napoleon III
    upload_2019-11-15_19-56-48.jpeg

Leader Ability: Renovation of Paris - Every district grants +1 bonus housing to the city it was built in. Districts and buildings are built 25% faster in regular French cities and 50% faster in French capital. French capital gains 20% production towards wonders.
    Agenda: Bonapartism - Will try to build a loyal society enforced by powerful armies. Will respect leaders who do not threaten his empire with greater armies near his Empire. Will dislike leaders who threaten France with large armies.

Living in shadow of his uncle, Napoleon III is often forgotten when talking about French history. And if he's mentioned, mostly his failure in French-Prussian War is remembered. However, while Napoleon III's external policy was unsuccessful (even though he successfully helped the Ottoman Empire against Nicholas I in the Crimean War, and managed to greatly expand French colonial holdings), his internal achievements are rather impressive. The renovation of Paris ended the era of city with narrow medieval streets, and turned it into the exquisite city of wide boulevards we know today, and generally worked on infrastructure and cities of his French Empire to become modern. This also included great expansion of French railroads. He managed to hold both French Royalists and Republicans at bay, keeping internal peace and stability in France until his capture in Battle of Sedan. The era of the Second French Empire was also an era of immense economic growth.
    His ability reflects his internal successes in France. I wanted to call his ability "Franco-Prussian War" first, but naming it after his greatest failure felt strange, so I went with Bonapartism. It reflects his grip over France, and his tensions with Prussia.

Knightfall and AmazonQueen like this.
  6. Foxiron

Foxiron Chieftain

I like those ideas, especially Napoleon's Leader Ability since he was known to aggressively deploy artillery in the battlefield. However, I think this focuses quite heavily on ranged units, which puts him a lot like Nubia. Napoleon III seems a bit op, you might want to tone it down a bit, but I like his leader Idea