1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Despot of FANATICA- The aera of Peace

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by disorganizer, May 23, 2003.

1. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Bellona: "Well, uncle, nice to hear from you again. But you allready received 3 tiles for your convienience. Anyways, may i introduce my future husband to you? He will soon be the one you have to talk to about land tiles and such things. You know, i always hated this kind of business. I only wanted to have our motherland in secure hands."
    Caesar walks up to the front of the room
    Caesar: "Ah, Atrous! Nice to meet you again, old man!"
    Atrous: "What.... you dare to...."
    Bellona goes in between those two
    Bellona whispering to Atrous: "You are at MY house here. Stay calm. This is politics and not family!"
    Bellona aloud: "Ah, so you know each other allready!"
    Bellona walks up to the throne...she does not look too happy now, as she sits down for an announcement....

2. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

BELLONA's ANNOUNCEMENT:

People of Fanatica!

I herewith announce the long planned marriage between Caesar Jade and me, Bellona Lifespania.

The Marriage will result in Caesar being the despot of fanatika and under full administrative controll of the nation... but under some preconditions he must met:

1) All land claimings which are defined at the moment of the marriage must not be declined by the despot nor changed in any matter
    2) No additional fanatican soil shall be given to foreign nations in addition to the claims already proclaimed. The only exception is Atrousia.
    3) The ownings of the lifespania family line, called "Hellenatica" and be defined as province of fanatica, will remain in the family. The Jade Family will not be part of this heritage line.
    4) Only the direct descendants of Bellona and Caesar will be called Imperial. Not their further relatives.
    5) The Lifespania Family will be called Royal.
    6) Which of the descendants of this marriage belong to the Lifespanian Family Line will be defined by Bellona or Helena.
    7) Ceasar will adopt the name "Flavinius Jadius Lifespanius Caeser"
    8) Bellona will adopt the name "Diutia Jadius Lifespanius Bellona"
    9) The descendants of this marriage which belong to the lifespanian line will be called "Jadius Lifespanius", the others will be called "Jadius" only.
    10) all units under controll of Helena and Bellona will remain under their controll. The despot has to raise new troops.

OOC:
    this means in short: The lifespanian line will take all lands marked yellow. They will not be owned by the despot. The despot has full controll of the red marked areas as soon as we gain controll of them. He is also allowed to give them to other people (not nations!)
    All already defined "claims" remain intact.

BELLONA:
    Caesar, will you comply to those conditions?

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Caeser Jade: I accept the following conditions

4. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

So shall it be! We are now married my dear...

HAIL CAESAR! HAIL THE NEW DESPOT!

5. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Salvete, Ceaser. Molz Tov from the loyal Province of DiSaaMuel.

6. Plexus

Plexus Architeuthidae puericomedentis

To: Jadiian Fanatica
    Greetings, Caesar, I wish to continue our good relations and to discuss the dividing of land between our nations.
    Signed,
    Tasius the Bold

7. GenMarshall

Caeser, Mara Jade III, and Omar Veers walks back into the throne room. He recived a message from Tasius the Bold

Caeser: I better set up an appointment with him. Messanger, prepare a message to Tasius the Bold telling him about my appointment with him is still on.

Messanger: Yes sir.

Omar Veers: So what is in store for me?

Caeser: I am planing on having you command my troops.

Omar Veers becomes speachless and is supprised

Omar Veers: It would be an honor

Caeser: And take my cousin, Mara Jade III, out for a night in the town. So you two can get to know each other better.

Omar: Will do sir.

8. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Kaite aproaces Caeser
    Hail, Caeser. I bring to you today my son and my daughter, both ripe for marrying. Is their anyone in your or Belonna's family that is in need of a mate? Both of my children are quick, smart and witty. Smith is a very persuasive person, but he has a problem with rules. Fortuna is loud and annoying at times, but she is a wonderful girl. It would please me greatly if either of my children were to marry into either family.
    Also, while I am here, I wish to gain ownership of the Horses of Noshuret. I have an idea to begin having them carry palace officials in carriages to speed up response time for a new wonder I have developed, Paperwork.

And thus, Beaurocracy was born. God save the Beaurocrats!

9. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

To: Flavinius Jadius Lifespanius Caeser

I wish you welcomed to the rank of despot. However Im not very fond of you hurting my dear sister. Well, I guess we have to put thing slike that behind us now and look gladly towards the new era of peace..

Your friend - Alexander Nero

10. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Baroness Contessa Fortuna DiSaaMuel aproaches the despot.

Oy! Im in my mid twenties and I'm still not married! What a shanda! My mother would be asahmed. Well, any way your despotness, Im not here to kvetch about my personal life. I'm here to ask you about Inadatto. Who gets it? You, Your wife? My family? Just a question. Also, if you know any nice guys you could set me up with, I'd be greatful. Bagles anyone?

And inadvertantly, Kvetching and Kvelling were born. Bagel, anyone?

11. GenMarshall

Kaite - I can make sure the Land would be going to your name and to Smith. It will be the one with the 2 X 3 Pink Tiles. But besure to share the horses with everyone :)

Corevius Nero - YOu will be allowed to go above the rank of Imperial so long as the following conditions are met.

1. I get the child in return
    2. You dont Attack the Despot and the Despot's Wife
    3. You dont Attack the Land holdings of Caeser and Bellona

12. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

Josephus Strummerus enters the abode of the Despot of Fanatica. He approaches the great leader unarmed, with only peace on his mind.

Josephus: M'lord, I approach you this day with a proposition for the betterment of Fanatica. As I'm sure you know, Great One, the populace is suffering from poverty and inequality. They are poor and starving, abandoned by the high nobles who rule over them. They have nothing to call their own, and are beginning to resent Your Majesty's Government for it. But I believe I have a solution. Allow me a parcel of land, small, perhaps 3 tiles. I will allow the impoverished peasantry to live and work there, with the fruits of their labor of course going to the Government. I will give them equality, which is what they desire most. I will see to it that they are not poor and starving as they are now. I am sure this will avert any peasant uprising that is sure to come with these miserable conditions. Of course my land would answer to the Despot of Fanatica, and would in no way move to harm Fanatica like the other rogue states have. What do you say, my liege?

13. GenMarshall

Mara Jade III: Cusion, some one requests your presents.

Caeser Jade: Bring him to me

Josephus walks in and proposess his request.

Ceaser Jade: I am impressed. Josephus, how would you like to be the head of the Ministry of Welfare.

Josephus: THanks, and about the Land tiles

Caeser Jade: I need to check with the Royal Cartographer. Res assure that you will get your Land Grand :).

14. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

Josephus: Thank you, my lord. You will not be disappointed. I guarantee results. By improving the lives of the lower classes, you will also be improving the lives of your upper classes as well. When your cartographers have found suitable land, please contact me.

Caesar Jade: I will do that, Josephus Strummerus. Also, perhaps you would like to teach the court minstrels this new style of music you play? And perhaps give the plans for the instrument to the court woodworkers?

Josephus: Gladly, sire.

15. Civanator

Civanator Deity

The Land of DePaolo would like to trade for Iron, and to use the Barracks at Noshuret to upgrade warriors to legions. I sware not to use these troops to attack mother Fanatica, and if I do I will let you walk all over me.

16. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Bellona of Helenatica:
    Dearest Caeser, i would like to suppose signing a major contract with our neighbors:

1) our neighbors give us any resource they will have in their territory in the future for free
    2) our neighbors allow us free usage of their roads to pass through their ownings
    3) our neighbors pledge not to attack fanatican soil

on the fanatican side:
    1) we allow our neighbors to use the barracs in fanatica
    2) we allow our neighbors to use our iron resource near gorina for troop upgrades

what will not be included from the fanatican side:
    1) we will not include iron for private or business usage. the iron MUST be used for troop upgrades and nothing else
    2) we will only allow tresspassing of our soil on a case by case descission

i think you should officially write this down and go to negotiations with our neighbors.

if they dont comply, we should immediately stop delivery of the resource (in case of atrouia) or not deliver at all (in case of the ONSS).

yous wife
    bellona of helenatica

17. Civanator

Civanator Deity

The Land of DePaolo agrees with this proposal.

18. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

Plainia ratifies this treaty. Also, Sir John will be gone until Sunday, so Neronia can't ratify it until then.

19. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

Josephus: My lordship, the peasants grow more restless by the day! I beg you, carve out the enclave of land I have asked for that I may quell the anger of the masses and prevent a major uprising! Time is running out, sire.

20. Plexus

Plexus Architeuthidae puericomedentis

Atrouia agrees, with the following conditions:

-We reserve the right to stop Fanaticans at checkpoints along the Atrouian roads.
    -Fine Atrouian horses and other wares are not to be sold to any nation without Atrouia's prior concent.