1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Development] Map Suggestions

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, May 26, 2018.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Great, thanks. You mentioned you wanted to work on Siberia as well, is that included here or are you going to make a new set of posts for it? In any case I can take care of merging it easily.

1SDAN and Crimean Lord like this.
  2. Crimean Lord

Crimean Lord Chieftain

BRILLIANT WORK:)))
    #NationalGeografic
    If you need some help with Siberia and Far East - I'm ready

3. Finbros

Finbros Chieftain

No, don't want to start NE Eurasia until late August or September.
    Still need read something about, and I go to Siberia on vacation, so some personal impression doesn't hurt too.

Crimean Lord likes this.
  4. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I hope you don't go there just to research the DoC map :D Of course there is no rush, looking forward to your work later. Enjoy your vacation!

Crimean Lord and 1SDAN like this.
  5. h0spitall3rz

h0spitall3rz Grand Vizier of Your Mind

In line with a map-related concern I mentioned in the bug reports thread, I'd like to point out that if we are to encourage historical placing of wonders, resources that are required by a certain wonder and/or those that speed up construction of such should be present in the region historically controlled by the civ that historically built the wonder. This can also help some civs in their respective wonder-building UHV's.

6. Crimean Lord

Crimean Lord Chieftain

I've prepared some changes for SIBERIA and Central ASIA
    * TAIGA and MOORLANDS have spread a lot and occupy now 80% of Siberia but except south and also the most north areas;
    * More wheat, silk and tea to CENTRAL ASIA which help new "TURKS" civ without any anti-historical Damage
    * More steppes and semi-dessert to Kazahstan, Mongolia, Manchuria etc (just diversification of old plains and deserts)
    * + 3 OIL in Siberia: First go to SURGUT; Second go to SAHALIN; Third go to CHUKOTKA (the most Eastern part of Russia)
    Yes: now RUSSIA has so many OIL, but we can add some OIL for Persian Gulf and also to U.S. (Pensylvania, Texas, South California) for BALANCE;
    * 1 OIL to TURMENIA which perpesent GAS of TURKMENISTAN;
    * TAIGA an MOORLANDS peplaced old tundra tiles in FAR EAST, Western/Eastern Siberia and Kamchatka)
    * COAL of KUZBASS went 4 tiles W which more accurate (also I give this area one DEER) which help to built there industrail city
    * + new IRON (perhaps Aluminium/Rare Earth will be better) to North Siberia which represent "NORILSK NICCOLUM" and local industrial center;
    * More DEERS and FURS which incresed potentail of Siberain Areas and also decrease climate challenge from TAIGA's tiles
    * + POTATO, COWS and also MILLET to South and Western Siberia

P.S. by the way I've load a MAP (as Save) - you are WELCOME if you want to change something using WB:)

Attached Files:

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I shout back THANK YOU in ALL CAPS

8. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

CAL PALS

9. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Spoiler :

10. hnrysml

hnrysml Chieftain

I don't understand why you've placed tea in central asia, that seems historically inaccurate based on my readings about the history of tea.

(I think there should be an 1850-1900 spawn of tea in Northwest Iran, and Northeast Turkey, however, as these are two (culturally and economically) significant tea producing regions in the modern era.)

11. AtlantaMarty

AtlantaMarty No longer active

Which is Taiga and which is Moorland? (I'm assuming Semidesert is the same as in SoI)

12. Crimean Lord

Crimean Lord Chieftain

I agree with Your statement about extra tea in the N-W IRAN and Eastern TURKEY
    But on the other hand: South areas of Cenrtal Asia and South Caucasus are important produsers of TEA too (at least during the second part of XX century)
    https://www.georgianjournal.ge/business/794-georgian-tea-producers-request-fair-competition.html
    + https://www.advantour.com/uzbekistan/uzbek-food/tea.htm

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    hnrysml and 1SDAN like this.
  13. KeeperOT7Keys

KeeperOT7Keys did nothing wrong

culturally it's really weird that although brits and east asians are always associated with tea my country has the highest tea consumption per capita by a wide margin, and probably it only started in the 20th century

hnrysml likes this.
  14. TJDowling

TJDowling Chieftain

I feel like there should be more tundra in Kamchatka and its neighbouring Krais. Maybe a bit too much food there. Though I guess growth is limited by Arctic ocean tile on the new map?

15. Finbros

Finbros Chieftain

Probably Kamchatka should provide food for one small city (Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskij, whales, crab, obsidian, tundra/mountains/moorland), and far NE Siberia (NE than line Magadan/Okhotsk — Yakutsk) should be unhabitable at all. Some mineral resources is possible, but no food and so no really profitable colonies. Only roaming bears.

Not for the DoC, but it's really for another game modding purposes. :D
    And because I need to spend damned compensation for domestic travel expenses. (State-sponsored trip to Siberia, sounds awful).

SBlack, TJDowling, 1SDAN and 4 others like this.
  16. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Well I guess state sponsored trips to Siberia used to be a lot worse in the past :D

17. Crimean Lord

Crimean Lord Chieftain

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain ???
    We have just redone Russia-the-Mother and convert it to really dangerous State (espessially in the late stages of the game);
    BUT WHAT ABOUT AMERICA ?

SO There is some changes for the United States: new terrains, resourses, etc
    The main idea is to inkrese potential of Eastern and Western coast and decrease potential od mountain-states like Colorado, New-Mexico, Montana and others
    * Extra OIL fo: North Texas + Pensylvania + South California + one more to Alaska - which more historical accurate;
    * More Mountains in New Mexico, Montana and Colorado which need stop their unhistiorical growth and mega productivity;
    * More Mountains + (3 tiles) in the Eastern Coast which help represent famous Allegheny Mountains;
    * Less Mountains (-3 tiles) in South California which help represent high level of urbanism and economical power;
    * Horses, Cows and Vine to Oregon and Washington (state) which represent importnce of U.S. North-Western cities like Seatlle etc;
    * Steppes for Western Texas and also for Dacota which stimulate first of all found sities in the coasts;
    * Some Semidesert now combines whith old desert tiles - it's for Utah, Arisona and Nevada which make them a little bit intersting for colonization;
    * Potato, pigs, horses, cows, corn, wheat and millet to Coasts and "Wild West";
    * Tundra and Moodrlands to Central and North Canada except eastern and western areas;
    * Tundra and Moorlands to ALASKA + I gived them extra fur and deers;
    * + Other small changes;

P.S. Map is here as Save (aslo there is previous changes for Russia, Ukaraine and Cental Asia)

Attached Files:

18. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

wtf am I looking at

19. Orbii

Orbii Chieftain

On first look, there's some things that are a bit questionable. To put some words to Leo's reaction, these are the two things that stood out most to me:
    • Why is there an oil resource in Massachussets/eastern New York state/the Atlantic coast? If this is supposed to be the Pennsylvanian oil, it really should be to the west/centre of Pennsylvania, which is a minimum 4 tiles west of that oil.
    • There are a LOT of horses. I count at least 8. I'm not an American, but I don't think of horses when I think of the seaboards, and there are currently 5 horse resources between the two seaboards. Hell there might be more horses in the USA right now than in all of Europe.

20. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I was talking more about whatever is going on with those rivers? Am I hallucinating this?