Development plans

How big of a pain would it be to convert this code into an array structure like exists for Techs and Bonuses?

I'll see what I can do, it'll probably be tomorrow at the earliest

EDIT: I'm going to remove those attachments from above, just so you don't wonder where they went...

@TLO

I have successfully coded the array (with much help from Xienwolf, Opera, and others). The code can be found in the Specific Code Proposals thread in the Revolutions Project and Development forum.

@achilleszero

I need a 0.9.8test build to start working with. Please try to upload something soonish. Remember it is a test build, it's alright to have some outstanding issues in it. Pretty much I absolutely need a 0.9.8 test version to start working on by the time RevDCM 2.61 is released, which should be within the week.

Hi phungus,

I remember, a while ago, you were asking for new legend units. What about Pancho Villas Guerillas (using the Cavallery unit with either enhanced retreat function or defense/attack bonus in hills) OR John Black Jack Pershing as Cavallery or very early MG unit with attacking ability. Although there are already quite a few US legends.

Ambassador, you are the only other person I've seen on the thread who knows any arabic. As'salaamu al'aykom wa ramtulllah wa barkatu.:) (Yes I know you're Baha'i, but still cool to meet someone who knows arabic.;))

I wish you all a full belly as joyous as I will have today.

Happy Full Belly Day, Phungus!

I've been quietly playing LoR offline, and I like it!

I'm guessing no one has developed any LoR-specific scenarios yet though? I will try to remedy that in my spare time. I'm also thinking the Legendary Units could use a balanced selection of special quests to further their entertainment value. Some other basic modding I will invest some time in.

Happy post-turkey day. Today, for those not familiar with America and our Obamanible economy, is Black Friday so today the wife and I will be buying a $6 skatey-board game and taking turns on LoR... cause that's how we roll.

I hope AZ is doing ok too... Read the game of the month thread and participate so's we can keep our wuvv-ed mod alive.

Yes I'm alcholated

@alerum68: Wa alaykum asSalam! Nice quote you have - a quite deconstructionist and humble view. I like it. :)
Concerning the Arabic script - sometimes its nice to confuse people, it makes us think.

BTW, a second and more modern leader for the Aztecs could be Benito Juarez. A LH could be adapted from Bolivar or from Ekmek's LH gallery, for example Napoleon III or Peron.

An update. This is the todo list in the current version that's up in the SVN:

Code:
V 0.9.8 todo list

X Eliminate Python Callbacks
X Remove Protected Cruiser and rebalance Industrial Era Navy
X Set up installer to remove need for "Launch as Admin" for Vista Users
X Model for Babylonian Longbowman needs to be changed
X Add in Ethnic Spy and Achilleszero's General's models
X Button for Roman Heavy Footman needs to be changed
X Normalize Light and Full versions (Keep all differences in necessary art files, and remove differences from CivilizationInfos files)
_ Fully normalize LoR with BtS, so no crucial strings are missing
	_ Set back Major Strings (Austria entirely revert back to HRE, need to deal with Poland Leader as a result), (Sioux, just revert major strings back to CIVILIZATION_NATIVE_AMERICA), (string change only for Varangian Guard/Berzerker)
	X LSystem Files
	_ Add back in (probably as Barbarian UUs?) Missing units/Buildings, those that will not be taken care of in HRE reversion:  Dog Soldier, Horse Archer, Totem Pole
X Set up LoR SVN
X Set up GameSpeedInfos file so that LoR ends in 2100 AD with a 10% increase in default number of turns
_ Add in new leaders so that the Strategic Trait gets used

Does this look good? Anyone have any specific requests or advice, especially on the reverting Austria back to the HRE (this will happen, BTW, austria isn't needed, and my goal is to make it so LoR can load any RevDCM compatible scenario, which means it needs to be BtS compliant, ie have all the civilizations and units and leaders that are in BtS).

All major changes have already been extensively tested. So there isn't going to be a test build this time. Basically all I have to do is the items left in that list that don't have an X next to them. This shouldn't take more then a couple days. However I also need to wait on The_Capo to update the Dido model, so that may take a week or so. Anyway if you want to try ou the current 0.9.8 release as it is so far, you can get it off the SVN (check out the SVN thread here for directions on how to use the SVN). As for strategic, it allows units to be upgraded outside of national borders and gives some espionage boosts.

Holy crow! I thought it'd take a lot longer than it did. I'm glad you guys were able to pick up Az's slack.

Are you going to split the bronze working glut (move slavery and maybe chopping away from BW) like someone suggested and possibly add an *odyssey" time and "planetary" size?

I can't wait to test-through-randomization the new build to pieces.

Sounds great. I've got nothing to add at this time other than my previously mentioned preference for the default BTS Conq to be restored, and perhaps the complete axing of the Pathfinder class. Look forward to seeing the new version.

I've gotten everything done except for adding the new leaderheads. I've checked and the old test build that had some strategic leaders is still short by 4 leaderheads. So I should find 4 more quality leaderheads to finish this up, which is no easy task. This may very well take a long time. To speed things up, I could really use some help.

Here is a link to where you can download the old test build with 8 new leaders in it:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/legends-of-revolution/downloads/na5

The help I could really use is if someone could write Civilopedia articles for the new leaders in there that don't have Civilopedia descriptions.

Another way to help would be to direct me to 4 more quality leaderheads. I haven't been unable to find any more that would work. To be considered for LoR the art quality has to be on par with Firaxis's leaderheads, and the leader must have some basis for existing as a leader in one of the civs in LoR.

Finaly if you have any experience with diplo text, writing diplo text for leaders would help immensely as well, for leaders that don't already have it.

Again I could really use help on this. It takes a few hours to write a decent civilopedia article for a leader. If I have to do this entirely by myself it will take many days. Compounded with all the other things I need to do to get new leaders in the game, like track down some decent models, and set up diplo text (again this will take hours to do per leader), and it may take me a long time to do it all. There is also the very real chance I'll just get overwhelmed trying to do all of it myself.

As for strategic, it allows units to be upgraded outside of national borders and gives some espionage boosts.

Sounds interesting. How about some other options, like faster road travel or slightly reduced unit costs (say 10% discount)?

Okay, so I'm not really sure if this is actually what you are asking for, but I've had a look at the availiable LH's, and these are the ones I find are the best, considering both aesthetics and relevance. Bear in mind, however, that I don't know which the 8 LH's you refer to above are, so there might be doubles.

Gustavus Adolphus (Sweden) http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11295
Christian IV (Denmark) http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11732
Tamerlane (Timurid) http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13635
Nero (Rome) -- This one is SO cool! I'd definitely swap him for Julius or Augustus (I'd say Julius), as I've always found the two to be too close. Of course, theres also the possiblity of simply having three Romans! http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13421
Alfonso I (Portugal) http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13595
Attila (Huns) http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10185
King David (Israel) http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10317
Chibinda Ilunga (Lunda) http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13661
Nzinga a Nkuwu (Kongo) http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13591

Obviously, some have a lot more merit than others, but as someone pointed out to me, I guess we're playing "civilisations", not "empires" :p
My favourite four, assuming Nero would substitute one of the present Caesars, are Gustav, Tamerlane, David and Nzinga. And, as I've mentioned before, giving Sweden their own guy would finally "legitimise" making Ragnar Danish rather than "Viking", as he deserves.

Besides, I wouldn't mind trying to write a civilopedia entry or two, although I have zero experience with it.

Finally, which are the 8 LH's already added??

Thanks for taking the time to do that Waterhouse, I'll probably end up using Gustavus Adolphus. Just so you understand what I'm looking for, I'll clarify. I need a couple leaders that you wol't find in this old test build of LoR Old LoR test build. Now I wol't be replacing any leaders currently in LoR, any added leaderheads will need to be in addition to the current leaders in use. I'm also looking for leaders for civs that currently only have a single leader, I'm not interested in leaderheads for civs not in LoR, or for civs that already have multiple leaders; so sorry no Nero (agree he looks good, but Rome already has enough leaders). Finally any model used in LoR needs to be of firaxis quality. This means that a normal player wol't see the model and think to themselves that it looks like a stock firaxis model, just with a new coat, or something like that, the leaderhead must be unique and of professional quality. Don't take this post wrong way, I'm not trying to be critical, in fact I greatly appreciate your effort, and hope you continue to try to help out. I just want you to be aware of what the development goals are for LoR, and what this means in terms of finding new leaderhead models, so that you don't waste your time in the future.

I'm all about Gustov Adolphus...but when it comes to the Romans, I do have a general question. If the Vikings morph into the Swedes/Danes, shouldn't the Romans morph into the Italians and thus perhaps have Mussolini?

Top Bottom