1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DG4 discussion - Bringing the oldbies back

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: Citizens' started by Noldodan, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

Since I joined the Demogame back in Term 5 of DG2, a total of 23 (formerly) very active people have left the Demogame, 20 of them in the first 3 terms of DG3. 20! Most of these were disenfranchised with the Demogame during this time, although some had real-life concerns. However, it has been 4 months since then. I propose that in order to make the game fun and interesting again, we try to bring them back. Well, any suggestions?

PS: The list. Curufinwe, Strider, Zarn, Shaitan, Chieftess, Goonie, Veera Anlai, Civanator, Naervod, Feodor Ardent,
    Gingerbread Man, Eyrei, Paalikles, Ehecatl Atzin, Plexus, Grandmaster, Wildfire, Gunning1, Cheetah, Immortal, Eklektikos,
    Disorganizer, and Peri.

2. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

I guess we should invite them to discuss how the DG 4 should be run. A PM to all would be the least.

And we can always offer our WM.

3. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Im techinically on that list as well, thought I'm still here.
    Goonie, Zarn, Cheeta and 40 are in the MSDG. Strider hangs around the RPG. Ekl seems to have left CFC for GC. Plex is in Stories, as is gunning.
    Yesterday seemed a step in the right direction towards getting back CT.
    Dis drops in now and again. Peri is here. Just go to OT and you'll find WF.

Just a summary of who is where.

4. Sarevok

Sarevok Civ3 Scenario Creator

5. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

Yes S_a_a_M, they are active elsewhere in CF, but not HERE in DG3.

6. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

Some of them make a very occasional post here, like Ekl did in the Gorina thread, as did Shaitan.

7. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Blood Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I sometimes see Civanator poping in online in AOL.

8. Sarevok

9. naervod

naervod My current user title

I never got back into the game after I left for summer, but I am ready for this coming game.

10. Sarevok

11. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

This is a great idea, Noldodan. I think we can get some of these people back. In the coming days, I will be looking into ways to increase DG membership through advertising and PM recruitment of DG "elders."

I want DG4 to have the best opening ever, and will gladly accept any help I can get to meet that goal. It is part of the reason I have exteneded our kickoff date to 1/1/04 --- to build anticipation and to put forth the best product possible for CFC members.

Anyone who wishes to help please PM me, or email me at donovan_zoi@civfanatics.net.

12. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Blood Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    DZ - I have sent you a PM regarding helping out :)

13. eyrei

eyrei Deity Retired Moderator

The primary reason I lost interest was because the actual game of CIV3 became boring. I rarely finish my own games for the same reason. I'll probably start doing more than 'mod-reading' once the new game gets underway.

14. Sarevok

15. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I don't know if it would be taken as spam, but:

How about a PM to all of the people who registered for any of the 3 games?

BTW the Will you participate? thread currently shows 19 potentially active players, which I'm using to gauge if all leadership positions can potentially be filled, assuming all who post there stay.

16. Eklektikos

Eklektikos Eponymous

The main reason I left is that I simply don't have enough free time to be able to consistently devote the amount of effort & attention that is necessary for the demogame to be enjoyable for me. I may come back for a bit at the start of the new game, when mining information from the save is a less arduous task and the Civ3 game more interesting to me; but for how long and to what extent I have no idea.

On a side note, I doubt we'll be seeing Immortal back around here anytime soon. IIRC he no longer has regular internet access (and perhaps not even a computer of his own on which to run Civ3), not to mention the fact that he has issues with CFC's administration.

17. Paalikles

Paalikles Emperor

In order for me to come back, I also need 200gpt :p

Seriously - I am considering a "special appearance" by Paalikles in the next DG.
    However I doubt I will be able to be very active, seing as the most intense level of activity for me was the deputy governoring and governorships I had in dg2. <-- Took a lot of time although it was a lower governmental position ;)

Well - I guess I have some time to think this through. :)
    First priority must be my studies in economics though, which was also the reason for my sudden leaving the start of DG3