DGIT # 2-Krafty Koreans

Oh, and I updated the website, since we've completed another game.

Hey everyone :)

I'm not sure if you guys are actually looking for new members, but I've been lurking in your DGIT games since your very first one, and gathering tips and ideas from both of these games...and I was wondering if maybe you were interested in adding another member to your team.

Right now I am fairly competent at Regent level, biding some time before I move up again, and this seemed like the perfect way to do it :D

I know you guys have very good organization and work well together, so if you aren't interested in adding a new person to the mix, that's ok...but I would love to join up with all of you on your next SG.

I think someone mentioned earlier that an eighth person would be good so we could have teams on some SGs. :)

Welcome to the thread DruguLa. We'll probably have to wait until Sandrock checks in again before inviting you along. We've had talk of splitting into two teams to play the game in parallel. If we did that, and recruited another couple players, I would think you would definitely be in. But a roster of 8 for one game seems a bit much to me.

Anyhow, keep an eye on the thread. Sandrock was going to post the save soon, so I'm sure this will be decided very quickly.

I'm okay with you taking the start Oblivion... I know you can do it justice.;) We're both going to build a settler factory, so either way works.:) I really like TDG where everyone posted the first 20, and we picked the best start, but it probably not as workable here. So, if you wanna go first Oblivion, I'll swap and go second.:)

You know, I like that idea as well. Everybody take the first 20 and we choose the best start. Give everyone 5 days or so to accomodate schedules. If someone doesn't want to participate, that's fine. Once we choose our start, we can rotate from there. Since we are all striving for Demi God or beyond, this sort of exercise can prove to be valuable.

Crap, woke up too late today to get this going, I'll try to remember to have this ready by tomorrow. Also, I'd like to keep our core group of seven together. I'm also not too sure about this everybody play the first twenty turns and then use the best start. I always thought it was best to learn from difficult situations, not easy ones.

Good point Sandrock. Maybe we should just have someone take the first twenty. I don't mind either way..
We will most probably all just do exactly the same thing however if we all take the first twenty..

If you want one of us to start up a save, then just post that here..

I have no problem with either choosing the best start from all, or going traditional and taking the first players start. I agree its best to learn from difficult situations (ie, Emperor), but I would think having everyone take a crack at the first 20 would reveal 7 different starts and would prove to be a great learning experience in its own right, especially considering how important the start of a game is. I wound not, however, want to continue this method of exploration beyond the first 20 turns. Anyhow, I'm fine with either method. :D

I don't want to start no matter what, but I think if multiple players do the first set, we need to agree not to post turnlogs or saves after a certain point, and not to play once the first turnlog/save is posted... We may as well jsut cheat otherwise. :rolleyes:

Blasphemous said:
I don't want to start no matter what, but I think if multiple players do the first set, we need to agree not to post turnlogs or saves after a certain point, and not to play once the first turnlog/save is posted.

I would hope that, among this group, no one would look at another posted save without taking their turns. And it goes without saying in an SG that you shouldn't play a save unless its your turn as you are gaining knowledge about the game you wouldn't otherwise have. :mischief: Anyhow, if there are concerns, lets just start traditionally and get this game underway! :)

Sandrock LQ said:
Crap, woke up too late today to get this going, I'll try to remember to have this ready by tomorrow. Also, I'd like to keep our core group of seven together. I'm also not too sure about this everybody play the first twenty turns and then use the best start. I always thought it was best to learn from difficult situations, not easy ones.

We can always use the WORSE start and play from there.:p The reason I suggested it is because we have a few members who don't like to open in an SG... They're probably pretty good at it, just nervous to do it in SGs... was thinking this may open the team up a bit more, and we'll discover that it's all about the same.;) In SGOTM, almost EVERY single 20 turn start was a mirrior image, with only a few minor changes that didn't show a difference for a long time... in fact, we had an awesome, if not best start, but it cost us down the road... I'm not really worried about it, since I think I'll be starting any, I just think this will help with the training part of our game, which you have to admit, hasn't been very much. I could probably get someone to take a look at our opening moves this way, and see if there is anything we can improve on, as a team, or as an individual. Again, if it's the "best" start thing that bothers you, we can go for the worse.;)

C'mon! Let's heap on the challenges. Emperor. Worst start. How about we have to always automate our workers and no units with movement greater than 1. Now that's a challenge! :D

Sorry. I'm in one of those moods... ;)

Actually, I'm amazed the starts you had were so similar. I guess all the information on this site is really rubbing off on people.

SpikeIt said:
C'mon! Let's heap on the challenges. Emperor. Worst start. How about we have to always automate our workers and no units with movement greater than 1. Now that's a challenge! :D

Sorry. I'm in one of those moods... ;)

This team needs challenges... I wasn't around for the first game, but it seemed fairly easy to me. This last game? I think the only concern was that we got off to a slow start, so who's lands would we take first... We need a challenge.;) And truthfully I wanted the best start, but it's the teams choice not the indivuals, so we may have to deal with my start.;)

alerum68 said:
This team needs challenges... I wasn't around for the first game, but it seemed fairly easy to me. This last game? I think the only concern was that we got off to a slow start, so who's lands would we take first... We need a challenge.;) And truthfully I wanted the best start, but it's the teams choice not the indivuals, so we may have to deal with my start.;)

Seriously, I agree. Although I enjoyed our last game, apart from some strategic discussions early on and our venture into the Blasphemous world of communism, I didn't get a whole lot out of the game. I'm hoping emperor starts to really push us. I know Oblivion is already moving up in the civ experience world as are most of us to some degree. Its possible that this team will handle Emperor with ease. But every now and then, Civ throws a little curveball, and presents an extreme challenge at any level. Hopefully we'll get one of those...

But to really help us toward that goal, screw up the first 20 a little... That way we can rag you a bit, and we might just get a good game. :p

SpikeIt said:
Seriously, I agree. Although I enjoyed our last game, apart from some strategic discussions early on and our venture into the Blasphemous world of communism, I didn't get a whole lot out of the game. I'm hoping emperor starts to really push us. I know Oblivion is already moving up in the civ experience world as are most of us to some degree. Its possible that this team will handle Emperor with ease. But every now and then, Civ throws a little curveball, and presents an extreme challenge at any level. Hopefully we'll get one of those...

But to really help us toward that goal, screw up the first 20 a little... That way we can rag you a bit, and we might just get a good game. :p

hehehe... for you saying that we're going to get a desert start next to the Zulu.:p Don't worry, my first 20 will be the best I can provide... trust me, you'll have plenty of chances to rag on me.;)

Oh... Sandrock, I don't think we should have Korea or Rome in this game... just wouldn't feel right... almost like suicide.

I have to go in for early mandatory overtime today at work, otherwise I would have gotten the save up. If all goes well, I'll be off work by 6:30, home by 7:00 and have the save up shortly after that.

About the first 20 turns, here's what we'll do. We will stick to our traditional method of dealing with whatever start we are dealt with(including desert or tundra). Hell, we haven't had a good start yet going back to the first game as well. Anyone else is welcome to also play the first 20, and we can discuss the various starts, but only the actual person in the first slot(is it Alerum?) will lead off.

Also, for those people not a part of our group that would like to join or be a part of things, I suggest that you play a game using the same save start point and see how you do. If you intend to do so, please do not post any vital information about the map or where civs are located and such. In fact, it would be nice if anyone who does this would wait until we finish our game so we can compare results, scores, etc. Just an idea....ok, off to work.

Oh, one more thing before I go, will we be using the latest C3C patch 1.22; I think that's correct?

Top Bottom