1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dieselpunk Alt History Brainstorming Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Hydromancerx, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Units
    - Big Bertha
    - Double Biplane
    - Drache Helicopter
    - Goliath Mothership
    - Tsar Tank
    - Railroad Artillery

Buildings
    - Aerodrome
    - Culture (Dieselpunk) [Wonder]
    - Dirigible Terminal
    - Farnsworth Electronics Lab
    - Grand Aerodrome
    - Radioplex
    - Theremin Factory
    - Zuse Computer

I also was going to add a Streamline Automobile Factory but it was buggy so I scraped it.

Also their were conflicts with the way the Aerodromes worked so they are add-ons to the Airport/Commercial Airport rather than replacements.

2. steampunk1880

steampunk1880 Prince

It's been a while for me. Is fractional commerce per population a thing that can be done? I think something like .20 commerce per population or less would be an appropriate bonus for a city railplane network.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bennie_Railplane

3. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

No but I could have it emulate the stats of the other transportation systems like the Cable Cars and Gondolas.

4. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

5. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

There is already a Monorail Station in the game. It has been there even before C2C was C2C. It was in my HAND mod.

6. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

Sorry, I am just trying to come up with ideas on how you could apply the transportation system. I want to offer something useful with the little time I have. Isn't a fully developed citywide monorail system more of an alternative history or future development? Above ground mass transit systems, are being used in some cities. Transportation flexibility has a pretty noticeable impact in cities that have it. I used to ride the Marta system to the airport in Atlanta pretty frequently. Some people could only afford to go to work distantly on mass transit. I think traffic management is a big deal. I lived in Atlanta and Dallas, and Dallas is a whole lot easier to get around during certain times of day: Affects job choice, cost of transporting goods, etc.

Hope you are still open to my ideas. I just want to participate, and help, in some small way that's possible. :)

p.s. your HAND mod was one of the reasons I choose C2C over AND at some point. I really like the way you attempt new ideas.

7. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Thanks! People like os79 over at RoM/AND really pushed to get it balanced and trimmed down. Squelching new ideas and overall making a very narrow game. Teaming up with strategyonly (and Dancing Hoskuld) in Prehistoric NWA was one of the best choices I made. Combining both mods (Prehistoric NWA and HAND) is what C2C first was. Then as more modders joined it has grown into its own mod. Not just a mod of RoM/AND but its own style. I am very proud to be a part of this team because the power of its success has been the teamwork of its members (and fans).

We actually have the freedom to try new things and worry about balancing later. Dreaming big and worrying about how to do it later. Working with such talented modders and such passionate fans makes me want to be a better modder and keeps me going. Thanks everyone! :goodjob:

8. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

Well, you keep inspiring me. No wonder I don't like spending my little bit of time elsewhere. I think momentum is really starting to take off for C2C. I am excited to see what it becomes! :)

9. Kreatur

Kreatur Warlord

monorail is a full working technology. Since 1970 Germany tries to build monorail connections between mayor cities. The name of the german monorail is Transrapid . But every time they try to build it, it fails because of complaints of farmers who don't want to sell there land ore the enormous costs. ( sometimes the population wasn't in favor of too). I just want to say that the monorail system isn't a transhuman ore dieselpunk technology. i should be a modern era technology.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transrapid

10. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

Maglevs are only one example of monorails. There are several in use nowadays and most of them do not levitate.
    Apart from Maglevs the use is very similar to conventional trains.

11. intlidave

intlidave Chieftain

12. Nimek

Nimek Emperor

13. Kreatur

Kreatur Warlord

bye the way the goliat airship says in its description that its carry fighters. But the fighter unit doesnt exist any more. i discovered that the airship is able to carry the corsair fighter but not the p51 mustang. can someone change the description of the airship ?

14. Civ Fuehrer

Civ Fuehrer Eat, Sleep, Mod

Sounds like Bugthesda, erm... Bethesda and Sky, erm... ALL their games.

15. TrippedOnACloud

TrippedOnACloud Warlord

What about armored trains? That is, a very high-strength armored unit that can only move on railroads?

16. Nimek

Nimek Emperor

Koshling work on it i think. If you know another mod that have units that can only move on railroads post it here.

17. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

There is a War Train for Steampunk but the model is not textured yet. :(

18. Nimek

Nimek Emperor

i think that we have also railroad artilery

19. Slarki

Slarki Warlord

Is it possible to delete the alternative history files in the mod folder when they will be released (to save loading time)?

20. Randomness

Randomness ...