• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Diety too big a jump?

mekane

Chieftain
Quick version:
Deity is too hard, Immortal is too easy

My story:
I'm kind of frustrated right now. After my first 6 games, I jumped up to immortal, and won fairly easily, so then I bumped up to Deity for about 4 straight games, snf I got beat quite badly. Moved back down to immortal, easy win. I feel like I need a difficulty level in between where I'm not getting crushed in the first 80 turns, but I am not easily winning either.

You have only done 6 or so games. That is the hardest difficulty in the game. It should take a while to beat.

yeah deity is meant to be hard but it sounds like a fair enough point to wish that there was a level of difficulty between immortal and Deity

You can either go to the strategy forum and have a read though the various deity statetegy threads - and just stick to it till you get good enough to win at that level

or talk to a friendly modder to find out how to tweak the various handicap settings to make a custom difficulty level that will give the level of challenge your after - unfortunately I haven't tried this myself so can't help with specifics

You have only done 6 or so games. That is the hardest difficulty in the game. It should take a while to beat.

I'm not saying I should be able to beat Deity yet, I'm saying there should be a difficulty in between. Right now, its either win every time (Immortal) or lose every time (Deity). The jump is too big.

I agree with the OP. I can basically sleep through an immortal game, but deity requires patience and attention. It's easy to get in over my head, fall too far behind, run too light on defenses, overstretch my forces too much.

It's not that deity should be easy. It should stay hard, probably be harder than it is. We just need something in between immortal and deity because immortal just isn't hard at all once you know what you're doing.

Yes Immortal is way too easy, they should make it more difficult.

they should further fix AI grand strategies to switch when necessary i'm sick of seeing 10k+ gold AIs not buy out city states to stop me from winning by diplomacy. AI's with all tech not build spaceships etc...

Top Bottom