Digital or Physical?

In which format will you be buying Civ 6?

• Digital

Votes: 115 73.2%
  • Physical (box)

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • Whichever option is cheaper

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Both!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I need the entire collection on the shelf. A DVD is keeping at least 20 years. How long do Steam holds????all speculations. This is not only a question if I'm a fan of steam, Incapacitation and Small holding of the players.

I need the entire collection on the shelf. A DVD is keeping at least 20 years. How long do Steam holds????all speculations. This is not only a question if I'm a fan of steam, Incapacitation and Small holding of the players.

Physical copy will not work without Steam anyway.

Usually only purchase digital from Steam, but bought the 25th anniversary edition. Started playing Civ I in my early 30's and have played every incarnation since.

Usually only purchase digital from Steam, but bought the 25th anniversary edition. Started playing Civ I in my early 30's and have played every incarnation since.

Late 20's for me when Civ 1 hit the stores. I bought the 25th anniversary edition too. :old:

I have all the box games for all of the Civ games so had to get the anniversary ones this time

Maybe someone still has that Civ III big carboard box? If you don't need it, you can hand it over to me.

I've got the metal tin for Civ3 Limited Edition. Is that what you were referring to?

---
I pre-ordered the digital. This will be the 1st time I haven't purchased the physical from a brick-&-mortar store.

I've got the metal tin for Civ3 Limited Edition. Is that what you were referring to?

It was even hard to find the images. I mean this:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

It had that 200 pages manual. Still have it.

But the metal box you are referring to is a lot more awesome. I wonder how much is it now?

On Amazon it is about 10$ plus shipping.

---
I pre-ordered the digital. This will be the 1st time I haven't purchased the physical from a brick-&-mortar store.

I forgot about that. Yea, that's the version I had too.

Digital. Maybe ten years ago I would've been able to spare some shelf space but I'm old now and have too many books.

Both. Allow me to explain. I ordered the 25th anniversary edition because with Amazon prime I literally got it for less than the digital version. I plan on buying two copies for lan play so I'll also be ordering the digital version for my second copy.

Where is the option "both"? It is Civ that we are talking about. I will buy digital just to play it on day 1.
But I will also order a physical copy which (thanks to their marketing policy) I have to order from Singapore if I want to have an English version. And it takes a month to get here.

Option for Both added along with the whichever is cheaper option.

On the PC side, the main disadvantage of CD only (CD going bad after you've successfully installed it) doesn't apply: The steam key is read off the CD and attached to your steam account.

The main advantages of the CD for the regular version is for those with data limits and/or slow internet.

Already bought the Steam version.

The only bad part about Steam is I don't have the fastest internet connection. If I need to reinstall, I can't play the game for many hours (usually around 4 or 5). On the plus side I can just let it download as I sleep. The convenience outweighs the cons for me.

Top Bottom