[BTS] Diplo/ Plotting question

Jellybug

Warlord
I'm on an island with Wang Kong sandwiched between me and Victoria. (Immortal, fractal, normal) Vicky started plotting while she was pleased with Wang and cautious to me. At that point she had no border tension with either of us, so my understanding is it could have been either one.

I built eight or nine archers and then begged. She accepted the beg and dropped her war plans immediately. Does that mean I was the target? Will she declare anyway after the ten turn peace treaty is over?

Attachments

• Fat Monty AD-0225.CivBeyondSwordSave
    182.5 KB · Views: 29
You were the target. If she is no longer in Fist mode, that means she is currently not plotting on anyone, regardless of peace treaty. It does not mean she might not start plotting later.

Not sure why you built 9 archers though, or why you even have Archery at all.

edit: ah...you had no copper or horse

um...you should be trading for that wine

trade Calendar to Wang for Currency and Currency to Vicky for Mono. (she is teching Currency)

Be so nice to get Wang's money though....I might trade Lit too for his cash which should help you win Music. He does have Marble but I still think you can beat him to GL with Conf in Tenoch

igore pH for now and grab Music.

switch to OR. Whip a Conf mish in Tlat next turn for Tenoch.

hmm ...Calix seems best city for GL though. Isn't Confused yet though

Last edited:
I believe this means that she was plotting on you, but since she dropped her war plans she won't declare at the end of the 10 turn peace treaty until/unless she starts plotting again. Note that if she starts plotting while the peace treaty is still going she must be plotting on Wang Kong, since you're not a valid target.

@lymond yeah it's the first time in a while I've had that much land with no copper. The other two took forever to Alpha so I just self teched it after Aesth, meaning iron from the resulting trade just got hooked up. I got archery early because I've been dying/delayed by barbs a lot in the jump to Immortal and just didn't want to deal with it this game. I guess with aggresive I'm just supposed to build a quick rax and pump warriors with cover right?

Edit: Was just wondering what to do with those techs/trades. Thank you!

i've edited my post several times above

until you get EP visi on Vicky..you can always compare trade value to see if an AI is teching something. Currency makes it even easier.

what's the play here, horsies for the continent then tanks for the world?

Tanks? I've used those like maybe twice in twelve years of playing.

If you have horses, then Curs should do the continent. You need them fast with Vicky. Maybe cap Wang quickly...he does not seem big though..might vassal

Rilfes/Cav/Cannon for the rest, but you may have some backwards folks so even curs may work.

Top Bottom