DIplomacy: Arriving/Leaving thread

Hello all! Just returned from a summer of running around the country doing hardcore marching. Doesn't look like there are any new games starting up, but I'm available for holes, etc.!

Something came up and I'll be gone untill Thursday. I'll be home late afternoon or early eveing. thanks

Toasty said:
Hello all! Just returned from a summer of running around the country doing hardcore marching. Doesn't look like there are any new games starting up, but I'm available for holes, etc.!
Oh, I don't know, Arminius might start one.

I have decided to return to CivDip, as I think I can now comfortably spend the necessary time. I am interested in representing CFC at Redscape's upcoming tournament, so I've registered there and will play the requisite game at the first opportunity. I would also like more experience playing with you lot, so I will join the next game opening here. Once again, sorry about leaving DwtD in the lurch, although I see Stapel has managed a much finer performance than I did.

With Dancing with the Devil concluded, there should be a few players (me, at least) willing to participate in a new game. I'm eager to get over the humiliation I'm currently suffering in Clash of the Titans. Once I'm eliminated there, I'll be doing nothing, so I'd certainly like to get in on a new standard game.

A new guy! ;)

Well, I'm not sure about the games coming up (the only one is the Tourney training game) but I'm positive one'll start soon.

Welcome to CivDip! A new one has arrived, but I can't say that I'm old here :)]

Good luck!

I've been in games for about a year now, and I don't feel a day over 90...

Dreadnought said:
I am sorry guys. I won't be able to return to Civdip for a while...

I've been defeated by my worst enemy....8th grade.
I'm so sorry :( good luck and study lots!

Hey guys!

Can't play for awhile, but if you are to have a warmup game for the Fall 2006 tourney, just email me (AJFONTY @ AOL . COM)

Since I don't have to negotiate or anything, I may be able to do it (if I can go on once a week)

Never say "never", but I doubt I'll play another game here until I see a new one start up, run smoothly and finish with little to no NMRs and zero abandonments. Were that to happen, it would be a sign that there had been a major and lasting revitalization in the CivDip community. Assuming some of the old regulars were still around, it would be nice to come back and play under those circumstances.

I like CivDip. Its a nice small community where there isn't much bashing. I hope it doesn't close. And if i have to start a new game, so be it! :crazyeye:

Many of the next games have to be gunboat, because we all know each other and, ahem, their skill level.

Plus we have the tournament coming, and we should enter into that....

We have had trouble keeping 7 players in a game. I even tried to recruit a couple more players, but the game fell to pieces early on. I'll be keeping my eyes on the forum to join in another game, but I'm not holding my breath...

slappy said:
Never say "never", but I doubt I'll play another game here until I see a new one start up, run smoothly and finish with little to no NMRs and zero abandonments. Were that to happen, it would be a sign that there had been a major and lasting revitalization in the CivDip community. Assuming some of the old regulars were still around, it would be nice to come back and play under those circumstances.

50 years from now we can have a re-union game :D

Top Bottom