1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[DISCUSSION] Evolution (& replacement) of Leaders during the game: Dynamic evolution

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Dawn of A New Era' started by Isabelxxx, May 30, 2012.

1. Isabelxxx

Isabelxxx DoaNE Explorer

As discussed in other thread this would be my ideas for a working system:

How this traduces in game:

-You play with New Spain.
    -Your starting leader would be an historical famous explorer (Pizarro for ex.).
    -Your starting Queen/King (in this case the 1st) is set according to the historical date of the Spanish Colonization. Isabella I. (This can be implemented with the Historical Starting Dates for nations)

After building some colonies and reaching a number of turns your leader would be replaced by the Spanish West Indies Company or another "abstract object" in representation of all the succession of government in your colonies until the revolution.

During the game the king/queen would be replaced by his/her successors according to the previous game mechanics. Dynamic interaction with Europe Leaders.

When you start the revolution your abstract company is replaced by a Historical Revolutionary Leader, here we could chose amongst:

José María Morelos y Pavón, Simón Bolívar, José Gervasio Artigas or José de San Martín

Each one associated to different nations, traits, events, units, or whatever we want.
    In fact this part would work like the beginning of Vanilla game, but at the Revolution.

2. Sanotra

Sanotra Wannabe Modder

This adds so much more flavor to the game... it's unbelievable. If this can be done, and it sounds like it can be... then this is awesome!

3. Ceer

Ceer Chieftain

I like the idea of having a static/dynamic leadership option at game start.

Kings can change along the lines of cultural - militaristic spectrum as well as isolationist - openness spectrum.

Their particular policy should be reflected in the quests they give you.

4. Isabelxxx

Isabelxxx DoaNE Explorer

And also in diploevents, since now you king could ask you to declare war to other king for ex.

5. Sanotra

Sanotra Wannabe Modder

Any progress in this?

6. Isabelxxx

Isabelxxx DoaNE Explorer

This implementation is part of M07's plans, so there is nothing new.

Except:
    -I do have a general image of how to do it.
    -XML part + Info Class in DLL would take me one day.
    -DLL code would need other day.
    -We only need some graphics.
    -I would prefer to wait for more changes in DOANE before doing this (the new nations planned to be added).

In other words, just waiting the right moment to do it. But I have no doubts about how to do it.