DLC 05 anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if "Civ GH" is going to be another "DLC" like the Aztecs; but it will be free for everyone like the Aztecs are so It's not described as a "DLC"

Aztecs are a dlc as well tbh, kind of a dlc they gave out for free to any pre-orders (and a little later to anyone). It's even listed in civ 6 's dlc list in Steam, so it's probably not that.

Forgive me if it is a silly question, but it seemed like we had a pretty good idea of what Civ's were coming out for the Persia and Macedon DLC right? The DLC depots gives us a more solid expectation date, but is there any way for us to figure out what Civ's are being released from the depots? How did we figure out for Persia and Macedon?

We do have a clue that they gave us: it's either a civ from southeast Asia or from Africa. That's all we actually know. Persia an Macedon were known because they had some fragments of their names in the files somewhere.

Cross referencing Civ V's SteamDB page, if Civ GH were an expansion, it would have 2 depots. One for expansion content, and one for the .exe. Maybe they will add the second one later? I don't know.

The G could be Global, Great, whatever... could also be a name.

But the whole thing could be a phrase from a non-english language.

I like the Golden Horde suggestion.

Could be a Napoleonic wars expansion:
The Grand H'armee.
[silence]
[chirp chirp]

No? Anyone?

If you look through GameEffects.xml there is this (And I'm pretty sure this has been present since day 1)

<!-- Golden Horde Scenario Victory requirement
Triggers if the player has the highest number of Victory Points. Ties are resolved based on civilization score.
1 Victory Point for every barbarian killed.
3 Victory Points for every barbarian camp cleared.
5 Victory Points for every unpillaged improvement in your territory.
-->
<Row Type="REQUIREMENT_PLAYER_HAS_GOLDEN_HORDE_VICTORY" Kind="KIND_REQUIREMENT"/>

So probably GH is a Golden Horde scenario they have been planning since before release.

If you look through GameEffects.xml there is this (And I'm pretty sure this has been present since day 1)

Triggers if the player has the highest number of Victory Points. Ties are resolved based on civilization score.
-->
<Row Type="REQUIREMENT_PLAYER_HAS_GOLDEN_HORDE_VICTORY" Kind="KIND_REQUIREMENT"/>

So probably GH is a Golden Horde scenario they have been planning since before release.

I do recall hearing about that. If that is in fact what this is for, it's probably a free scenario.

I do recall hearing about that. If that is in fact what this is for, it's probably a free scenario.

Maybe they've decided to keep the tradition of Mongols + a Scenario as a free DLC?

Edit: Or were the Mongols the pre-order bonus in Civ 5 (ala the Aztecs)? I can't recall.

Maybe they've decided to keep the tradition of Mongols + a Scenario as a free DLC?

Edit: Or were the Mongols the pre-order bonus in Civ 5 (ala the Aztecs)? I can't recall.

I think, just the scenario without the civ.

-->

It sure seems about right, but a scenario without a civ ? That seems like an odd choice. They already did so but counterbalanced by making it free to Deluxe buyers, but if they sell a scenario like that, without a civ to back it, it may be a rather bad investement ... IF it's the Golden Horde, we know it has nothing to do with the african or the SE asian DLC (besides, EP already said it would probably be called DLC07 or Something like that). And the only civs not present in game linked to the Golden Horde would be Mongols, Hungary, Lithuania, Byzantines or Wallachia (Romania). I guess in the end it's just waiting ...

Does someone know how much was spent between the first depot of an expansion in Civ V and it's official launch. It may help a little (because I don't expect an expansion until at least october or november) ?

It sure seems about right, but a scenario without a civ ? That seems like an odd choice. They already did so but counterbalanced by making it free to Deluxe buyers, but if they sell a scenario like that, without a civ to back it, it may be a rather bad investement ... IF it's the Golden Horde, we know it has nothing to do with the african or the SE asian DLC (besides, EP already said it would probably be called DLC07 or Something like that). And the only civs not present in game linked to the Golden Horde would be Mongols, Hungary, Lithuania, Byzantines or Wallachia (Romania). I guess in the end it's just waiting ...

Does someone know how much was spent between the first depot of an expansion in Civ V and it's official launch. It may help a little (because I don't expect an expansion until at least october or november) ?

I don't know about the first one. I recall the second DLC app appearing about 3 months before it was announced and 6 months before release. It was labeled One World at the time.

@Piruparka The first qa update involved DLC05 and changes to Madrid, so yes.

@luigilime The African civ is either DLC05 or 06, not the Civ GH depot.

I don't know about the first one. I recall the second DLC app appearing about 3 months before it was announced and 6 months before release. It was labeled One World at the time.

@Piruparka The first qa update involved DLC05 and changes to Madrid, so yes.
Which would make more or less 9 months from now on, releasing the expansion around February 2018, which kinda seems right, although I expect a launch a bit later like in Civ V, where the Vanilla game was out in september 2010 and G&K was launched in June 2012.

Civilization VI has been called Madrid the whole time, I don't see why GH would be any different. I don't see why everyone is so sure its the initials and not as equally unrelated of a name.

The more I think about it, the more Golden Horde sounds correct. I bet it's the scenario that was found in the game files, tied in with x-plat, as a token of "sorry we didn't get x-plat out sooner like we promised".

Wasn't there something called Buffalo or Bison or something?

The Mongols were free DLC in Civ5. Babylon was the pre-order bonus civ.

Which would make more or less 9 months from now on, releasing the expansion around February 2018, which kinda seems right, although I expect a launch a bit later like in Civ V, where the Vanilla game was out in september 2010 and G&K was launched in June 2012.

I hope they will take their time like in Civ V instead of rushing an expansion this year like BE did or even early next year. I would love to get an expansion soon but I'm not eager to get an expansion that feels rushed. BE:RT was good but it had a whole system that didn't work (Spoils of War), they pretty much had to rebuild it and release in a patch. Also, the AI barely can use relics and there was some serious balance issues (it still have). If they release the expansion in the Fall 2018, I will be okay with that, just make it worth the wait..

Meanwhile, I would love to see a Leaders pack, a major DLC adding 4 to 6 leaders to the base game Civs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom