DLC 05 anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really just Garbled Hints to confuse us.

But how about:
Gems and Handaxes: new resources and units coming with a standard expansion

Or:
Great Happenings: mini-expansion adding random events, golden ages, Georgia (Tamar!), Hungary, two more alternate leaders for Greece, George Washington for America, and at least three alternate leaders for England (and maybe France) named Henry.

A free Golden Horde scenario does seem most likely. G and H being the 7th and 8th letters of the alphabet also seems possibly significant.
I would totally take a DLC/Expansion pack that included Golden ages and random events, as long as it was optional when setting up the game to enable/disable them.

It's awesome we'll be getting the next DLC around the end of June, going by the depots being created. I was thinking we might have had to wait until July.

and at least three alternate leaders for England (and maybe France) named Henry.
I like your drift ... and would like to name also Henry the Lion, 'Duke Henry III of Saxony and Duke Henry XII of Bavaria' as alternate leader for Germany to round up the quartet.

Well, look at what we have here again..

https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/articles/216979606-Civilization-VI-STEAM-KB

UPDATE 5/25/17:

We don't have an ETA on PC/Mac and Linux cross-platform at the moment. While we understand that this feature is super important to the Civilization VI experience, we cannot update the game without coordination with 2K to ensure that experience is seamless.
As soon as we get a solid ETA together, we'll update here and an all of our social channels. Select the FOLLOW button on this page to be notified of updates.
Your patience is appreciated.

So it appears Aspyr and Firaxis (2K?) still haven't managed to schedule the x-plat work. This is pretty frustrating.

Edit: Upon more searching about this issue, it appears that 2K is at fault here. Apparently they miscommunicated their x-plat plans to Aspyr, and now Aspyr is stuck waiting for 2K.

Last edited:
It's sunday, unlikely there will be updates based on steam-db.

Although tbf, xcom2 has been updated today and yesterday. They seem to be very busy on that front, working the weekend.

It's sunday, unlikely there will be updates based on steam-db.

Although tbf, xcom2 has been updated today and yesterday. They seem to be very busy on that front, working the weekend.

Probably some poor intern forced to work through the weekend.

He's eating hotdogs, facebooking, and hitting refresh on the depots to make it look like he's getting work done.

Hmmm... same thing I'm doing more or less.

Tuesday will be a day of interest. I expect 2kqa_b to be updated. I am curious to see if they activate the DLC06 and Civ GH depots as well.

Which means it's that much more likely to be related to the first expansion.

Why? Couldn't it be a freebie scenario that everyone gets whenever they manage to get themselves coordinated and finally release x-plat?

Maybe, I guess. I was just going off the fact that if they have absolutely no idea when they will be able to implement cross-plat then its unlikely they would bother to make preparations for content relating to it, especially if its 2k that are dragging their heels.

Maybe, I guess. I was just going off the fact that if they have absolutely no idea when they will be able to implement cross-plat then its unlikely they would bother to make preparations for content relating to it, especially if its 2k that are dragging their heels.

The sounds of it is that Aspyr has told 2K what changes need to be implemented on the Windows platform. It's just a matter of 2K scheduling when those changes are to be made. If GH is supposed to go with it, they can sit on it till then.

I suggested that GH would go with x-platform, but it may be its own thing. I still lean toward it being the Golden Horde scenario as free content. If it were part of the DLC model, it would be labelled as such, and I just don't see an expansion being likely this early in the game life cycle.

The Aztecs are also labeled as DLC though, despite being free content.

The Aztecs are also labeled as DLC though, despite being free content.

Only the app is. The depot only says Aztec Pre-order. We don't know what the Civ GH app will be called because it isn't named yet.

Well no announcement today, though no surprising given I believe it is a Holiday in the USA

On the bright side, I'd say were pretty much at 100% for Firaxis announcing something this week or next week, since E3 starts on the 12th, I think. Just enough time for everyone to get excited before they show off whatever they have up their sleeves to the public.

Wouldn't it be a bit early for an announcement? Depots have been created last week, so they should not be anticipated before June 22nd, right? And an announcement three weeks ahead would be surprising, I think.

Wouldn't it be a bit early for an announcement? Depots have been created last week, so they should not be anticipated before June 22nd, right? And an announcement three weeks ahead would be surprising, I think.

Both XCOM and Civ VI were announced prior to the E3 that they were first shown off at. Its seems their style to do their actual reveals before the show itself, presumably so that people will tune in to their stream or whatever to see some gameplay.

TBH the signs do seems to be pointing towards an XCOM related announcement rather than a Civ one, as you say the Civ depots were only just created. You never know, fingers crossed they could give us something for everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom