• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

DLC 05 anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of a civ reveal similar to when they were at PAX before release. They announced that they will show a civ to the audience of the show, but the worldwide public will have to wait some more time until the First Look video gets released. Of course, we knew before the video release that it was Kongo that was shown in the PAX show. Maybe it will be the same with E3? They'll announce this or next week that the two new civs or one of them will be shown to the audience at E3 and the First Look will be up as soon as E3 is over.

The audience at E3 is mainly going to be games journalists though - if they were going to show them something exclusively they could just do it anytime and then put it under embargo until they revealed it to the general public.

The audience at E3 is mainly going to be games journalists though - if they were going to show them something exclusively they could just do it anytime and then put it under embargo until they revealed it to the general public.
15k tickets are sold openly - so there's at least some public audience. But yes, you are right.

I doubt that we will see an announcement prior to E3. There's might be something at the show, but I'm not super optimistic about it. And it probably won't be both DLC unless they release both at the same time a la Poland and Vikings.

E3 seems like its an XCOM show, with the Civ team along for the ride. Maybe with DLC playable, but not part of any real press. Boilerplate DLC isn't really all that news worthy and there is no reason to draw eyeballs away from, what is almost assuredly, a full xpac for XCOM2. However, for speculation sake, I can only really see the civ team doing their own press in two cases.

1) They are doing a super premium DLC, something like a leaders pack.

2) They want to get the hype train a rollin' on talking about an xpac. This would make sense if they have it planned for before E3 next year (so my guess in that scenario would be a March-April). While I still pretty far off they could ramp the tease and give the name, other teaser details like number of civs planned, number of new VC, etc and, of course, some image for the boards to vastly over-analyze. With how rabid both here and civit had gotten with the leader board pre vanilla release this could become the new normal for their perpetual motion PR machine.

I think that tomorrow may be a first look. Then we will see gameplay at E3. This is just my theory.

I have a good feeling about today. mostly because my internet has picked today to start messing up all of a sudden, and I need it to be working fine when the DLC is announced, so since my computer is a fan of Murphy, well it all adds up

I have a good feeling about today. mostly because my internet has picked today to start messing up all of a sudden, and I need it to be working fine when the DLC is announced, so since my computer is a fan of Murphy, well it all adds up

I have a feeling we'll see the time victory movie tomorrow and that Murphy (or your computer) got a little confused. I'd like to be wrong, though. :p

I am prepared for the disappointment of the Score Victory cinematic. That said, for some reason my game's volume levels are messed up so that the victory (or indeed defeat) cinematic narration is barely audible (the tech quotes in-game are, on the other hand, just fine). So I'll actually get to hear what Sean is saying for once!

If we're all reporting strange occurrences that somehow indicate that there will be an announcement today, I can join in too! CQUI has started crashing my games when I try to adjust the size of the minimap, despite the fact that seemingly nothing has changed about the game or mod in the last 24 hours.

All these spooky coincidences must be related!! :crazyeye:

What time do the videos normally appear? 15 minutes from now, or is it still an hour and 15?

What time do the videos normally appear? 15 minutes from now, or is it still an hour and 15?

it use to be 15min from now, these days it has been 2 hours and 15 min from now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom