DLC 5 General Discussion Thread

It's funny, I looked at it again the other day and realised it's not actually that bad value.

You get 6 city-states, 2 of which come offering their own unique Improvement. 3 Natural Wonders. And then a scenario.
Compare this to the Poland DLC, which had 1 civ with a Unique Unit and Building, and scenario.

It's actually pretty balanced in terms of content.

Nevertheless, I understand why people were disappointed. Civs and leaders are definitely the priority among most players.

I have always felt that the viking dlc was a huge missed opportunity to add an extra leader to the game. After all, it was one of the first DLCs, and they had stirred up some questions/controversy about Greece having 2 leaders in the base game. I always liked civ 4 having multiple leaders (so long as it didnt reduce the total civ count) to add different flavors to each civ. If the viking DLC had added a new leader to go with the civ, I feel like it would have established a credible 2nd type of DLC (leader + CS/wonders) in addition to the standard new civ+scenerio. Without new leaders added, I still don't understand why they went to the effort of having Greece with multiple leaders and no one else.

10 AM Eastern and no sign of release yet. It's not available in the Steam Store and the hidden achievements are still hidden for me. I'm guessing midnight tonight is the earliest we'll see anything.

The Mac and Linux qa builds updated. same as usual for them. They aren't testing DLC05 still.

The Mac and Linux qa builds updated. same as usual for them. They aren't testing DLC05 still.

So we can assume that hopefully it is feature locked

Do you get the sinking feeling that's its going to be next week for release? Some reason I do

No. It's pretty clear that Mac and Linux aren't releasing today. So what they are testing isn't super relevant to the PC build except with regards to cross-platform multiplayer. If I see a 2kqa build update then I might get a little worried, but not much.

@bite I believe so.

Are we really sure that the release for the DLC05 is today (at least for the PC)?

I'm refreshing Steam and nothing's coming out... :(

I know that you mentioned how bad it was there but jeez. It's pretty sad.

I feel like we need to send you to some kind of rehab for allergic reactions to the terrible terrible steam community.

Have some positive energy from Civfanatics to balance things out :hug:

Top Bottom