DMI XII - Imhotep's Legacy

@LKendter:

You can swap with ZPVCSPLFUIFDPEF (which I will call simply 'Z' from now on :D ) if this eases your workload. Would be fine with me :) !

3200 BC
With my total units being 1 worker I don't have a lot to do.

2960 BC
(IT) I revolted to slavery. Research starts on mysticism.

2720 BC
(IT) Next up is animal husbandry. I would like to know if horses are nearby.

Stonehenge is due in just 5 turns. Our base shields for wonders are already 15 before the 2 hills are mined.
I got an exploring warrior back starting to head south. I don't know have any idea how big that area is.

Roster duty:

1. Imhotep
2. LKendter >> JUST PLAYED
3. ZPVCSPLFUIFDPEF >> UP NOW for 15
4. The King of himself >> ON DECK

5. berserks01
6. MyOtherCar

Got it for 15. I'll post a report this time tomorrow.

I need to look at it first, but I expect I will be finishing stonehenge, building a warrior or two, and then starting a Settler.

Turn 39 - 2440 BC

We have Copper. With two crabs nearby, this certainly makes a viable city site.

Turn 40 - 2400 BC

Stonehenge is completed. I don't have a SS of the movie, as my laptop can't really handle the movies. If we build the Pyramids on my next turnset, then I'll borrow one of the 9782 shots of that movie from another game. I started a Work Boat.

{time passes}

AH > Masonry. If we are going to wonderspam, we need Masonry.

Turn 48 - 2080 BC

*sigh*

I think he lives in the Northwest.

Masonry is finished, I start Iron Working, because there is a lot of Jungle to clear in the West.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
As of 2000 BC, we have a Settler arriving in a few turns, and the whip anger will dissapear soon as well.

We have a couple of potential city sites, pending further exploration:

Our capital:

and one last note about the settings:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Roster:

Imhotep
LKendter
ZPVCSPLFUIFDPEF (Just Played)
r_rolo1 (UP NOW)
beserks01 (On deck)
MyOtherCar

Attachments

• DMI XII BC-2000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    118.7 KB · Views: 63
I haven't look at the game, but looking at the maps we may want two-crabs next. I don't see a whole of of sites with food around.

I haven't look at the game, but looking at the maps we may want two-crabs next. I don't see a whole of of sites with food around.
:agree:
Getting copper for barb protection seems like a good thing to do as well.

Well, quiet turnset......

First , we found Monty:
Spoiler :

And it gets worse:
Spoiler :

I think we need a 2nd wonder fast ;)

Well, I played only the turns needed to finish IW. Made the settler and:
Spoiler :

Also made a WB for the new city and I'm finishing another worker ( I think we'll need a lot of worker turns :( ).

Our empire:
Spoiler :

and aditional map info ( we lost our western scout warrior to a barb archer ):
Spoiler :

Our cooper mine will be done in 1 turn. In 4 turns we'll be able to do some axes in our cap..... I think we'll need them.

Roster:

Imhotep
LKendter
ZPVCSPLFUIFDPEF
r_rolo1 >> JUST PLAYED
berserks01 >> UP NOW
MyOtherCar >> ON DECK

Good progress so far. :)

I made an attempt at a dotmap to get some discussion started. Of course, there is still a lot to explore.

Pink dot fits in nicely with the little mountain range and can borrow the clams from Thebes.
Green dot leaves a lot of backroom but uses the only resource available in the south.

Purple could be our Panama canal while light blue now grabs four resources, and is on fresh water. We need to lift the fog there first though.

The water body N of purple is fresh water.

I think that ultimately we need to settle somewhere near the pink spot as soon as possible, even to avoid some ill-advised monty city in the area.

And we should get Myst soon....

good to see that you are playing a nice builder game. And good to see that some of you are playing with BUG - I'll be able to test how we did killing off that in-game log bug. Also, have you noticed that deviantminds.us has gone? It isn't showing up any more when I surf over there.

Oh, sorry I've been out of it. I'm gonna need a skip this round. Some RL problems just came up and I need to take care of it.

Sorry for the delay.

good to see that you are playing a nice builder game. And good to see that some of you are playing with BUG - I'll be able to test how we did killing off that in-game log bug. Also, have you noticed that deviantminds.us has gone? It isn't showing up any more when I surf over there.

Hi ruff,

I wrote a mail to Rex regarding that issue. But I think DM is finally gone for good. Or as I put it: "Farewell good times, you'll live on in memory..." :( As for BUG it's getting better and better with every commit to the SVN. I can hardly imagine playing without now. Vanilla BTS without BUG and BlueMarble is just a PITA. Kudos to the game designers for making the game so moddable though, this was a brillant decision.

on topic: Roster duty

Imhotep >> ON DECK
LKendter
ZPVCSPLFUIFDPEF
r_rolo1 >> JUST PLAYED
berserks01 >> SKIPPED
MyOtherCar >> UP NOW

@MyOtherCar:

The GW might not be such a bad idea as there is a lot of land in the north and the west that can spawn barbs. But expanding is good too. Your choice, do as you feel :) .

This is a builders game - for 6 turns I would take the Great Wall.

Top Bottom