Do I need a bigger spec computer

RoM just totally ruined civ for me

I've played civ since the original one on the amiga, few days ago I installed this mod and it's so great that I can't go back to normal civ4 now, but I can't also play it because after 1-2 hours I totally lose interest because each turn takes 2-3 minutes (on standard maps).

ARGH !

You do know I fixed the turn times in my RoM expansion, right? Try it out. ;)

My system is,
Pentium 4 2,4 core to duo
8 gb ram
Nvidia gtx 275 448 bit
500x2 raid hdd
win7 64

Rise of mankind 2.81 and hotfix
better terrain
mega civpack
and aforees modmodpack

So, I have played in 50 one civilization's giantic map. Waiting for a maximum of 3 minutes, even in modern age. So I guess things like that:) Thanks zappara. Really great mod this.

My system is,
Pentium 4 2,4 core to duo
8 gb ram
Nvidia gtx 275 448 bit
500x2 raid hdd
win7 64

Rise of mankind 2.81 and hotfix
better terrain
mega civpack
and aforees modmodpack

So, I have played in 50 one civilization's giantic map. Waiting for a maximum of 3 minutes, even in modern age. So I guess things like that:) Thanks zappara. Really great mod this.

3 minutes? it'll get worse in the Modern Era
EDIT: :eek: wow

1. :eek:

2. 50 (or 51?) starting civs? So how many of them do you have in modern era? I started a game (2.81/1.53) with 10 civs on giant map (medium and small continents, very interesting map, but too many coastal cities, so I have problem with hammers, besides, it seems that I'm the only one civ which does not have access to sulphur :mad:) and in XVII century I already have 20.....

1. :eek:

2. 50 (or 51?) starting civs? So how many of them do you have in modern era? I started a game (2.81/1.53) with 10 civs on giant map (medium and small continents, very interesting map, but too many coastal cities, so I have problem with hammers, besides, it seems that I'm the only one civ which does not have access to sulphur :mad:) and in XVII century I already have 20.....

With RevDCM dll that is in the RoM and of course AND too, the max civs you can have on one map is 50.

I should point out that I have a 3GHz non-overclocked Core2Duo CPU along with 8GB of RAM, and I still get MAF errors on a gigantic map. I think that there comes a point where more system resources are a waste, simply because of the game code.

With RevDCM dll that is in the RoM and of course AND too, the max civs you can have on one map is 50.

Ah, I didn't know that. I'm curious how it looks like to have 50 civs in a the info screen box, or diplo charts :lol:

I think that there comes a point where more system resources are a waste, simply because of the game code.

No, don't say it is a waste! You still have three minutes every turn to do some other stuff, like watching some p..., eeeeee to surf internet. Even if the game can't use all system/hardware resources, you can still use them for other applications.

you filthy Poles :shake:

up until now i've been playing ROM on an ancient computer. AMD Athlon XP 1800, 1.5 GB ram, Geforce 7600GT (i was even using a Geforce Ti 4200 a couple of years ago), windows XP.

and i only played large and huge maps with many civs, 30-50. turn times would approach 10 minutes in modern age, but i was actually able to finish games on this ancient rig.

finally the most recent game, a huge map with 50 civs produced MAF every few turns and made it impossible to continue. so i've bought a new computer. core i7-920, radeon 5770, 6 GB DDR3 ram, windows 7. it's going to be ready soon, and i can't wait to load the same save game on the new machine and see how it flys :D

Top Bottom