Do we know when the new patch drops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave those cute lil penguins at Amundsen alone!

I put off starting a new game, do we know for sure if the patch comes tomorrow? I may actually start a game with Gandhi.

I put off starting a new game, do we know for sure if the patch comes tomorrow? I may actually start a game with Gandhi.

I'm definitely playing him first. He's going to be crazy good at religious victory now. If you snag Mosques and Holy Order, you'll have 6-spread missionaries, while your rivals only have 3... And they'll be 30% cheaper on top of that. Double spread from trade routes won't win you the game alone, but it will save a lot of faith as you supply constant pressure. Add in his leader ability, stepwells, and an easy to get golden age (hello 8 spread fast missionaries), you should be dominant in your conversion of the world.

I'm definitely playing him first. He's going to be crazy good at religious victory now. If you snag Mosques and Holy Order, you'll have 6-spread missionaries, while your rivals only have 3... And they'll be 30% cheaper on top of that. Double spread from trade routes won't win you the game alone, but it will save a lot of faith as you supply constant pressure. Add in his leader ability, stepwells, and an easy to get golden age (hello 8 spread fast missionaries), you should be dominant in your conversion of the world.

The double spread works both ways, doesn't it? So India can pull other religions into their cities faster to take advantage of their follower beliefs.

Kinda neat that the biggest buffs went to some OG civs. India will be a major RV contender and if Norway's pillage yields are even close to being as good as they are prepatch they'll shoot up the tier lists.

The double spread works both ways, doesn't it? So India can pull other religions into their cities faster to take advantage of their follower beliefs.

It's unclear. It just says "100% religious pressure from trade routes”. I would hope that's the case, though. India already can use the beliefs, now they get an amenity per religion too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom