Do you approve of the Appointment of Unregistered Citizen Donsig as Vice President?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
Do you approve of the Appointment of Unregistered Citizen Donsig as Vice President

This poll is presented to override a Presidential Appointment of Donsig as Vice President. The nominatio was posted March 02 05.19 AM CET. Today is March the 07, 05.45. AM CET. Five days have passed and following the rules

This poll is based on five key principles

1. All Officials in the Chain of Command must be registered citizens
2. All nominated, elected and appointed officials must be registered citizens
3. All Officials in the above points 1. and 2. must be registered in the Fanatannian DGVI Citizen Registry
4. Equality of the law, no one should be allowed legal preference. IE.Civanator missed a deadline for the Presidential nomination and could not run.
5. Fanatannia need a swift and fair decision on the matter

Options are

Yes
No
Abstain

I have added the following Exhibits.
Exhibit A. Daveshacks Announcement on the Appointment of Donsig as VP
Exhibit B. Constitutional Articles, Confirmation Polls, Deputies and Vacancies
Exhibit C Link to the Presidential Thread
Exhibit D Link to Citizen Registry
Exhibit E Link to Judiciary Thread
Exhibit F Link to Election Code Breach thread

EXHIBIT A
DaveShack said:
I am pleased to announce the appointment of Donsig as Vice President.

To all the candidates, thank you very much for your interest in this position. :) It was a very difficult choice, I started writing this post several different times, and had written in each of the candidates at one point or another.

March 02. 05.19. AM CET.

Now, 24 hours following this date.... is March 03. 05.19. AM CET

2. Confirmation Polls
a. Confirmation polls are used in certain, specified situations
to challenge the decision of an elected official. Confirmation
polls may be used only when explicitly allowed by law. Any
citizen may create a confirmation poll, should one not already
exist. This poll must be created within 24 hours of the
appointment or decision, and ask the question "Do you approve of the
<description of decision>?", with Yes, No and Abstain option.
If the confirmation poll directly concerns a citizen (e.g.
appointment), this poll is to be private, as it is a form of an
election. The poll will run for 2 days. At the end of the time,
if a majority of the citizens vote "No", the decision is
overturned. Any other result approves the decision.

C. Deputies and Vacancies
1. Deputies
For all positions with deputies, the leader may appoint the
citizen of their choice as their deputy.

2. Vacant Offices
a. An official or Justice may declare themselves to be Absent for
a period of time. This period may not exceed 1 week. During
this time, the deputy or pro-tem will act with all power and
duties of that office, surrendering them to the official or
Justice when they return or at the end of the planned absence,
whichever comes first.

b. Should an official fail to post in the DG forum for 3 days in
a thread related to their area without prior notice, the
Judiciary may declare that office Vacant.

c. If a Justice has not posted on any active Judicial matter for
three days, the remaining Justices may declare the Justice
Vacant. If all three Justices fail to post on any active
Judicial matter for 3 days, the President may declare all
Judicial offices Vacant, and immediately appoint a new Chief
Justice.

There's no poll for this, and why are we polling this?

This is turning into quite the witch trial. You're blowing this out of proportion Provo. This is almost a personal attack on Donsig, asking whether or not we approve his appointment.

Why don't we all step back, take a deep breath, and not continue on the path to becoming heartless politicians?

DaveShack springs to Provolution's defense...

This non-poll was a mistake. It was posted erroneously without the "poll" option selected, and then re-posted immediately with the poll.

Mods, please delete this thread, another with a valid poll was created long ago.

Indeed Daveshack, thank you :D

Moderator, please delete this thread.

In fairness, this is not a witch-hunt. Daveshack is the President, and goes clean, it is not his mistake that Donsig failed on him, at the minimum he should have posted or registered when he took on the 2nd ranking position.

However, I am not surprised that the Judiciary, in particular the Chief Justice, wants to cover up the shoddy constitutional work by making this process seem "unfair", "illegal" and so on. It does not surprise me that Blackheart is in the saddle again, in fact I almost missed the little guy.

Provolution said:
Indeed Daveshack, thank you :D

Moderator, please delete this thread.

In fairness, this is not a witch-hunt. Daveshack is the President, and goes clean, it is not his mistake that Donsig failed on him, at the minimum he should have posted or registered when he took on the 2nd ranking position.

However, I am not surprised that the Judiciary, in particular the Chief Justice, wants to cover up the shoddy constitutional work by making this process seem "unfair", "illegal" and so on. It does not surprise me that Blackheart is in the saddle again, in fact I almost missed the little guy.

You can take your accusations and <expletive> and shove them up your <expletive>. You have handled this very poorly, much like that of an 8 yr old tattling on someone else. Reread the judiciary thread Provo, and this time don't fill in the blanks with your bull. Black_hole clearly stated the judiciary's job, and it's to interpret laws, not make them. It's amazing that since they don't agree with your job description you accuse them of being biased.

So please, continue your inquisition, witchhunt, fecal filled investigation. We know there was a better and more human way to handle this, you chose to go the opposite.

Easy there, blackheart. Easy. Please edit a few of the comments there.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just ease off the tone some. The repeated insinuations from Provo do get under my skin - and I'm one of his prime targets. That's fine - one day he will discover that respect is granted when it is earned. And he has earned none.

-- Ravensfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom