DoC v1.16.6 released

Leoreth

Blue Period
I have released DoC version 1.16.6. Compared to the previous version, this release includes all the changes to how the game is set up, most prominently the switch from Scenarios to Play Now.

You can find the installer for this version, as well as patches to update from 1.16.0 and 1.16.5, on the mod's sourceforge page. You can also see the release on github here.

I decided to release now before merging the recent reimplementation of the victory code into develop, so people who want to play with well tested code can stick to the release. Beyond that, I plan to address some issues with tech speed, including on marathon, and excessive AI friendliness. There is also a laundry list of small to medium sized features I would like to implement.

As you can tell from that list, after that is the 1.17 release. This does not mean that no further 1.16 minor releases can happen in the meantime, or that the 1.17 release will happen soon. That depends on how long it takes to implement the remaining features and how many issues come up while doing that.

Thank you for this update! I just downloaded it but I can't get the new version to start up. I deleted my old DOC folder from Mods folder and used the installer from sourceforge.net. What happens is I get a never ending stream of XML error pop ups and the game gets stuck before it properly launches. Here are some screenshots of these errors. I've always done it this way and this is the first time I've ever had this problem.

Attachments

• 2022-08-16 (1).png
    2022-08-16 (1).png
    16.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 2022-08-16 (2).png
    2022-08-16 (2).png
    16.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 2022-08-16 (3).png
    2022-08-16 (3).png
    14.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 2022-08-16.png
    2022-08-16.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 66
As you can tell from that list, after that is the 1.17 release. This does not mean that no further 1.16 minor releases can happen in the meantime, or that the 1.17 release will happen soon.

Out of curiosity Leoreth, have you been testing out these changes on the bigger map or have you not touched it yet and are solely "working under the hood" so to speak? Just wondering if you have, what do you think of it so far?

I haven't done anything with the bigger map that I haven't talked about here, i.e. when terrain change suggestions get incorporated.

Thank you for this update! I just downloaded it but I can't get the new version to start up. I deleted my old DOC folder from Mods folder and used the installer from sourceforge.net. What happens is I get a never ending stream of XML error pop ups and the game gets stuck before it properly launches. Here are some screenshots of these errors. I've always done it this way and this is the first time I've ever had this problem.
You're right, something is wrong with the installer. I will look into it later today.

It should be fixed now, if you redownload the installer the game should start without issues even if you install all modules.

in 1700 map, all cities start with 2 trading routes despite they may have lighthouse or trading company. is that a feature or bug?

Bug, it seems.

Depends, are you using git?

I downloaded the 589 MB from Github,
Then I unzipped it and it automatically replaced the old files in the RFC Dawn of Civlizations folder.

No, in that case there is no way of knowing. You can trace back from the download date which commits existed at the time, but that's it.

No, in that case there is no way of knowing. You can trace back from the download date which commits existed at the time, but that's it.
Okay,
Is there a change in the tech, starting age, etc that i different in 1.16.6 than in 1.16.5 so I can confirm I use the lates update?

Last edited:
This is the first time I've played a version that has the "play now" feature implemented. After a couple of hours playing I feel like this is a good upgrade from earlier version. I am especially happy to see a performance boost in late game, seems like turns do indeed take less time to load (except when a new civilization is spawning). So tyvm for this!

I have released DoC version 1.16.6. Compared to the previous version, this release includes all the changes to how the game is set up, most prominently the switch from Scenarios to Play Now.

You can find the installer for this version, as well as patches to update from 1.16.0 and 1.16.5, on the mod's sourceforge page. You can also see the release on github here.

I decided to release now before merging the recent reimplementation of the victory code into develop, so people who want to play with well tested code can stick to the release. Beyond that, I plan to address some issues with tech speed, including on marathon, and excessive AI friendliness. There is also a laundry list of small to medium sized features I would like to implement.

As you can tell from that list, after that is the 1.17 release. This does not mean that no further 1.16 minor releases can happen in the meantime, or that the 1.17 release will happen soon. That depends on how long it takes to implement the remaining features and how many issues come up while doing that.
Is 1.17 the release with the big map?

Top Bottom