Does CCTP V4.04 support the Governments system?

E101K

Chieftain
I remember seeing Community Call to Power by Gilgamesch on the steam workshop, and the thumbnail was a new type of policy system. One of the popular discussions (which was made by the author) announced that the workshop version was old (v2) and that the latest version was on CivFanatics. I DLed the new version and installed it, along with a bugfix file to fix a bug where the policy screen could not be opened. Upon opening the policy screen however, I got the Advancement Screen policy page, with some extra policies added, as opposed to the "Governments , Government Systems, and Ideologies" page that was mentioned on the workshop.
I just want to know if its supposed to be like that: Has it been removed? I always thought the "Governments" system would be cool to play with, but it's not there.
EDIT: Here is an image of the Governments screen, from the Steam Workshop. http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/900972024219500560/4060B0BBF2DA718D3213F3C468ECE0689DBFDB1C/

I remember seeing Community Call to Power by Gilgamesch on the steam workshop, and the thumbnail was a new type of policy system. One of the popular discussions (which was made by the author) announced that the workshop version was old (v2) and that the latest version was on CivFanatics. I DLed the new version and installed it, along with a bugfix file to fix a bug where the policy screen could not be opened. Upon opening the policy screen however, I got the Advancement Screen policy page, with some extra policies added, as opposed to the "Governments , Government Systems, and Ideologies" page that was mentioned on the workshop.
I just want to know if its supposed to be like that: Has it been removed? I always thought the "Governments" system would be cool to play with, but it's not there.
EDIT: Here is an image of the Governments screen, from the Steam Workshop. http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/900972024219500560/4060B0BBF2DA718D3213F3C468ECE0689DBFDB1C/

The advancement screen is so new policies can be added. if you want original then look in the shared folder of the mod and remove the advancement screen folder and it will revert to vanilla policy screen.

The advancement screen is so new policies can be added. if you want original then look in the shared folder of the mod and remove the advancement screen folder and it will revert to vanilla policy screen.
Is there any way to get Governments, Government Ideologies and Government Systems like in the pic?

Technically the current look is a placeholder.

The originally multiple policytree was created by firesforever.
But iam not aware that anyone finally managed to get it working with BNW.

So i tried some workarrounds, and decided to give the advancedScreen (AS) mod a chance.
This is the easiest way to add new policies and ideologies to the game without coding all the required stuff into CCTP. (not to mention compatibility)

Technically some new lines added to our sql code and some changes for the artfiles and AS could look more game friendly with own pictures and icons (that already are included) .

I also was working of implenting old policies from CCTP into this system but this is a work in progress and abondend since weeks;=)

Is there any way to get Governments, Government Ideologies and Government Systems like in the pic?

Iam getting old:old:, welcome to the forums
:band::bday::beer:[party]

Its something that needs a lot of time and knowledge in ciV.
And since there are more important things on the list i doubt this will comming soon.

I would offer my help, but first other things need to be done.

Thanks for replying, Gilga. Unrelated to the V2 policies, I have to say that I love CCTP for its wealth of new content. Thanks for CCTP and thanks for answering :D

Thanks for replying, Gilga. Unrelated to the V2 policies, I have to say that I love CCTP for its wealth of new content. Thanks for CCTP and thanks for answering :D

You are welcome and thamks for the cheers :beer:

I've been messing around with it and it looks like to use the government system policy screen would require redoing the lua Also I am not sure what version it was written for, or if it takes into account the ideological tenets.

It can be used with the advancement screen though, not as pretty, but all the branches and policies are there, and I'm sure it could be made to look better.

However, the problem is it would require reworking of the policies as cctp has it's own policies which are required by many buildings and the newer resources. So either the two separate policy systems would need to be merged or all the references in the buildings and resources would need to be changed to reflect the different branches, but this would waste all the work Gilga (and presumably other modders) put into them.

I would be glad to work on merging the two if people would like the government system, but it really depends on how Gilga feels about it.

I've been messing around with it and it looks like to use the government system policy screen would require redoing the lua Also I am not sure what version it was written for, or if it takes into account the ideological tenets.

It can be used with the advancement screen though, not as pretty, but all the branches and policies are there, and I'm sure it could be made to look better.

However, the problem is it would require reworking of the policies as cctp has it's own policies which are required by many buildings and the newer resources. So either the two separate policy systems would need to be merged or all the references in the buildings and resources would need to be changed to reflect the different branches, but this would waste all the work Gilga (and presumably other modders) put into them.

I would be glad to work on merging the two if people would like the government system, but it really depends on how Gilga feels about it.

The vanilla system is to restricted. Before BNW comes out the system worked fine.
Then the devs included some changes (ideologies) and this created a lot of problems for the modders.
There are some nice changes here on the community, that shows what can be done.

Anyway the current policy system is hardly linked with many parts of CCTP.
All the hidden buildings and familar stuff are needed to get what we wannt from the policies.

My idea was, to merge the old policies into this system. There could be nice new mechanics or ideas incorporated.
But this is hanging.

On a side note: To redo or alter the policy system i would realy need help.
There a currently so many things i dislike, like the placeholder for some names or some effects.

I'd be glad to help.

About being linked, I was only meaning there are buildings and resources that either reference or require certain policies.

In the version before BNW we got a lot of policies, with names, icons and so on.
We could readd them, but this would need some balancing and some focus on what we wannt.

For me i would love to see goverments back and also some religious policies at all.

The main problem here is the balance, only adding new yields or the same boni wouldnt make much sense at all.

Also not all tables in the vanilla policies seems to work.

But to allow the player while chosing some policies, to build certain wonders and or units, would be a nice feature.

There are still some policies that allows wonder, but i was thinking of expanding this, since we have so many buildings and wonders, that this could be a good way to handle the balance at all.

In the version before BNW we got a lot of policies, with names, icons and so on.
We could readd them, but this would need some balancing and some focus on what we wannt.

For me i would love to see goverments back and also some religious policies at all.

The main problem here is the balance, only adding new yields or the same boni wouldnt make much sense at all.

Also not all tables in the vanilla policies seems to work.

But to allow the player while chosing some policies, to build certain wonders and or units, would be a nice feature.

There are still some policies that allows wonder, but i was thinking of expanding this, since we have so many buildings and wonders, that this could be a good way to handle the balance at all.

I was looking at governments for older version of cctp out of curiosity. The system seemed to be made before the advent of ideologies in the policy screen( I could very well be wrong). But it looked like whole new luas would need to be written, of which I'm not the best at.

I didn't mess with it too much as I had no intention of adding anything to this version, as you've been so hard on new one, and I didn't want to end up with two completely separate versions of the mod.

Old version of CCTP, doesnt used lua that much in the policy system.
With BNW i included the policies/buildings mod.
All this hidden buildings, player will never see.)
With this system we can do a lot, what we couldnt do in former versions.

In fact the most work will be XML and SQL coding.

Oh cool, I just wasn't sure about the policy pop-up, didn't know if you wanted to use the advancement screen, or have it look like it did w/ governments.

My problem is, i cant finish fires work on the multiple screen.
There are so many compatibility problems that i encountered, that i put it down,

But i would like so see a lot of new poliicies at well, and since the A.S mod allowes to add as many policies you like this is the best way to handle it.
With the SQL files in A.S. you can define all the icons you would like to use.
Also you can expand vanilla policies, without to worry how it will look, since the buggy vanilla design is gone.
Yeah vanilla is so buggy, like some noobs added some hardcoded parts just to smash my head on.

While we can add hidden buildings to every policy we like, we can do a lot of changes.
Units that only can build while a policy is adopted (templers for example, with a religious path) or some other boni like extra spies or additional votes in the worldcongress.

In the current version you can outran out of policies, just due the ammount of culture you can get, if you followed a op path.

This is something i dislike and would like to change soon.

Just messing around, I did a quick build with the old government policies and they still seem to work. They all show up on the advancement screen, but the order is a bit off due to the way they were presented before, but could be easily fixed I think. I'm sure you wouldn't want to waste the work you've done, but they could be Incorporated into it if you wanted.

Also, would need an update for vanilla buildings that reference policies.

Just messing around, I did a quick build with the old government policies and they still seem to work. They all show up on the advancement screen, but the order is a bit off due to the way they were presented before, but could be easily fixed I think. I'm sure you wouldn't want to waste the work you've done, but they could be Incorporated into it if you wanted.

Also, would need an update for vanilla buildings that reference policies.

I have not done so many things in the policies right know.
This was something i played arround and left while i didnt activated the A.S. at this time.

I tried several options for the hidden buildings and tried what can be done with the policy system itself.

But to just add the old policies would be a balance problem i think, iam also not sure if all the policies will work like they should.

The most import part would be the realationship of techs and policies.
I think most policies need a prerequested technology.

Good to,know that they show up, i guess the grids need a little bit of rewritting.

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean just to add them back. I meant if you wanted to modify them to incorporate into what you have already done in order to bring back government.

No need for a sorry:lol:

You have done more for this mod in the last time then i did.
Was just saying that i was going to add the old system back before i got the unhappy lost of my backup.

Next time i will upload it twice and make a copy on my mobil drive.

This are the last updated technolgies i worked on so far, attached to my post.

Btw it will expand the current technologies by 40 i guess)

With the including of them we could start and add some policy trees back.

Attachments

• Technologies.rar
    20.2 KB · Views: 66
Top Bottom