Does the city have very good ranged defence like in CIV5?

Let's be honest, consequent turns mechanics of Civilization game is not well-suited for MP. So yeah, it should be SP-first. Although it would be good to see diplomacy and other things working well in MP.

I like to play long mp games. So CIV is a good game for mp. Of course for SP too.

And with a system made to make the mp better, I'm sure civ could be a more mp game.

I like to play long mp games. So CIV is a good game for mp. Of course for SP too.

And with a system made to make the mp better, I'm sure civ could be a more mp game.

It's minority of players, though.

I don't have the stats to say but the game has not been made for mp so.

I mean if the game would have been made for mp, maybe more players would exist.

I mean people who are ready to play long MP games with consequent turns are minority. It's a problem for more than Civilization.

Civ's problem is that the game has never been simply optimized for MP.

Civ 5 is pretty much known for horrendous de-syncing Multiplayer experience.

I was able to play fine with my brother-in-law with Civ 4 and stuff. But I don't know if Civ 4 had good or bad MP.

Civ's problem is that the game has never been simply optimized for MP.

Civ 5 is pretty much known for horrendous de-syncing Multiplayer experience.

I was able to play fine with my brother-in-law with Civ 4 and stuff. But I don't know if Civ 4 had good or bad MP.

Civ5 by original design was the most MP-oriented civ game. They tried to base diplomacy on real values, which make sense for human opponents, like research agreement, which is expensive to break. Developers were unable to complete the approach, though, as there were more important things incomplete and just too few resources.

I've said it before but I'll say it again: a game that takes 5 or 6 hours minimum to play will never be an optimal multiplayer experience. You can speed it up and dumb it down, but it won't be the same game.

Usually 1 or 2 players are eliminated under 2 hours, then 1-2 more for the next 3-4 hours and that's if players are equally skilled and leaders have developped their empire with more or less same demo stats...but some games can last 2 hours or less if a runaway guy technically won and everyone agree to concede.

So yeah 5-6 hours can be long but many things can make games shorter too like type of map or simply playing games under multi sessions.

Stellaris wins the gold trophy for the longest mp games ever! I heard that some games can last over 20 hours! :eek:

Played some Master of Orion(new one) mp games too and it's still worse than civ games(7-8 hours)

It's a matter of perspective.

Cities should be very difficult to take without siege equipment, so I'm all for cities with their own defense/ranged attack. But, there should be some promotions which increase defense vs city attacks.

Sieges should be involved affairs requiring good planning, but the alternative (district raiding) should also be viable. If you can't take the city, you should be able to harass it.

What I would love to see is if you cut off a city from its trade network, you should be able to "starve" a city out. It should take HP damage equal to its food shortage, eventually allowing you to conquer it easily without siege weapons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

What I would love to see is if you cut off a city from its trade network, you should be able to "starve" a city out. It should take HP damage equal to its food shortage, eventually allowing you to conquer it easily without siege weapons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That probably won't be in CIV6 but what a wonderful idea! It would allow a 2nd way to siege a city that might make the defender more active, I like the idea on paper.

Would have to mod it into the game to see if it works in reality.

Top Bottom