Domestic Department - Term 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hereby request our domestic department to declare the founding of the "sunshine beach recreational area" in the district of delphi.
"delphi county" will then consist of the cities of delphi and sunshine beach, where sunshine beach is a resort town.

i request both cities being governed my the administration of delphi and the cities will both "live" in the same thread, the thread of "delphi county".

Here is a picture of delphi county.

The red house will be the location of "sunshine beach recreational area".

I will accept applications for the director of the "sunshine beach resort", who will be responsible for sunshine beach.

I also request a "phoenatican national park service" to be founded, as this fine area will suit perfect for a national park.

We will also have to discuss where other parks may be founded (important: RR should not be built there!).

Sunshine beach will in future be used as recreational city, so any polluting improovements shall be denied by the county administration.

Attachments

• delphi-county.jpg
    delphi-county.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 178
Here is a map of the
"SPICE BAY RECREATIONAL AREA"
and
"BLUE MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK"

i would like to propose.

NOTICE:
* The building of Railroads in national parks and recreational areas in addition to connecting cities (only exception) will not be allowed.
* Building of polluting improovements is in the parks/areas. Existing improovements stay there, but if pollution occurs it has to be top priority to clear the areas/parks of our nation. MEANING:
the mayor or governor can never choose to build a polluting improovement. science, cutlure and happyness are their goal, not production. nevertheless, the government of the nation can override this decission, but will have to live with the consequences (will the citizens reelect them if they pollute their parks? who knows...).
* Deforesting is not allowed in there. The only exception is jungle to prevent disease.

this will lead to the pink line in the picture being the only RR to be built there in future, as both cities will then be connected to their neigbors.

Attachments

• delphi-county.jpg
    delphi-county.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 156
I must note that the proposed Blue Mountian NP extends into Asphinxian territory. Unless an official request is made and reviewed by the relevant authorities, the NP status of this land is DENIED by the Governmental Authority of Asphinxia.

I would futher note that the 'County of Delphi' encroaches on Asphinxian Territory and the County of Elephantine, which is a much older city I might add. I would ask the Governor of Kashmir or the Mayor of Delphi to show the changes required, so that they fit current territorial boundries. If I am i some way mistake, please inform me so I may make amends. However, If not, this is a serious breech of protocol and action may be taken if the situation is not rectified.

You are right for delphi county borders. Just a quick shot of mine during rl-work. I will reorganize the borders to fit to kashmir borders on the asphinxian side.
The national park project is propably a domestic natinal project, which could also cross province borders. But cyc will definitely talk to you about this ;-)
I will not be able to update the border-shot now nor tonite, so feel free to correct it and post. Otherwise i will do this tomorrow.

It is very apparent, according to the latest Provincial Maps approved by a Council vote, that now reside in the Phoenatican Geographical Society thread and the Provincial Maps thread, that the proposed borders of the Blue Mountain National Park and those proposed for Delphi County both exceed the limits of Kashmir Province. There's also the fact that Spice Bay Recreational Area is claiming city tile space of Knossos. Some in-depth planning may be called for in regards to map-making.

Quote of Almightyjosh:
However, If not, this is a serious breech of protocol and action may be taken if the situation is not rectified.

Hopefully, this refers to more rhetoric or was made in a playful manner. I happen to know General Falcon02 very well, and from what I hear, he has bigger guns than you do, sir. I can see a violent reaction from that goateed egotist in Babylon, but we're all friends here. I'm kinda thinking you may want some of that National Park funding for roads and what-not too. Nothing wrong with discussing Park borders with Disorganizer (preliminary talks) in order to get some of that free advertising for Asphinxia Province. :)

i finished the new maps now:
the border of delphi county is of course cut down. sorry, my mistake. the recreational area also stays inside the county.

The park borders will cross the provinces as this is a "natural feature". The park borders have nothing to do with Kashmir alone, but will bring many travelers to all provinces surrounding the park.

Of course, these were set up for discussion here. So as long as its not up for a poll, its not in the last-word spoken situation.

But do you really want to deny asphinxian citizens the joy of the vincinity of a nice natural park at their doorstep? Production is not everything.

The proposal also includes a "national park service". The officials in there will have to be asked whenever a "not allowed" improovement or terraforming is requested to take place in the borders of the park (like RR-building, pollution improovement etc).

Maybe we could start a new thread in the Citizens Forum? This seems to be a dedicated discussion. You could call it "Creating the Phoenatica National Park System" or something like that.

Nothing wrong with a bit of threatening hollow rhetoric!!
Of cource I would not dream of bringing 'charges' against anyone who's aim was so noble. Though I do balk at the inclusion of Asphinxian land without Asphinxian consent, I am not apposed in general to the idea. I am quite happy to endorse cross-provincial Nation Parks, given the right consutation. As for threats, the use of a personal friendship with the millitary leader as a threat is far more worrying than hollow rhetoric Cyc :p

I feel that Kashmir and Asphinxia can have a healthy and productive relationship if there is sufficient communication. Thank you to disorganisor for rectifying the situation so promptly!!

That wasn't a threat, Almightyjosh.

A new thread "Creating the Phoenatica National Park System" has been opened here. Further discussion on the matter should take place at the new thread.

I plan on stopping off at Sunshine Beach for a weekend or so before the Grand Banquet. Is it on the way? I guess I should join PAA (Phoenatic Automobile Association). Or should I take the NRS?

Dear Mr. Domestic Leader,

I think genetics is up next in the science queue. Is it time to prebuild either Cure for Cancer or Longevity? We have some fine cities in Istar that are willing to begin these projects now.

Will our great leader be used for one of these projects?

donsig
Governor of Istar

I just posted about this is the poll forum. Because of the way that the two "preemptive" polls were set up, the value of the citizens vote on the matter was discounted in a way to make it almost meaningless. But that's what happens when you rush polls with no discussion and they wind up poorly written. The Public, as you so clearly point out Donsig, does not want to give input on matters dealing with Regional or National concerns. They just like to vote. True there is a handful of Phoenaticans who are very vocal, myself included, but pretty much anything will fly these days as long as you rush the poll and don't explain it very well. The Domestic Department has been in charge of making decisions on the building of Wonders since the begining of the game (I believe). The choice of which wonder to build has not always gone to public opinion. I like to get a feel for how the citizenry feels about the Wonder issues. This does not mean that I value the results of these last two polls.

You Donsig, want our Science rate kept up. Best way to do that in this stage of the game is to keep the population happy so that lux's can be kept low. Building the Longevity Wonder at this point would be counter productive because the cities would grow faster than the happiness inducing improvement could be produced. You help the Nation prepare itself by building the CFC first, giving all cities that extra edge of happiness.

Building the Longevity Wonder would be next because, as stated above it would double the the pop number at every growth stage. Of course the more happy people we have, the stronger our Cultural influence on the rest of the world is. So, as you can see, the CFC and Longevity (in this order) are a good combo.

Building the Manhattan Project has already been discussed by the citizenry. We will not be needing the many benefits of nuclear bombs in our quest for Victory. The manhattan should only be used for prebuilding until after the the SMD. Then the Manhattan can be built for the extra icing on the cake, so to speak.

All of this was pretty much laid out in the extensive discussions held on Wonder Building. As the discussions died down, I was left with the feeling that this course of action was suitable. As far as locations for pre-build, several locations have volunteered to be the sites for future Wonders. PDX is a great builder and could use another shot in the arm Culture-wise. Khatovar is a prime location as it is just about to climb onto the Top Five Cities of the World list. Pherris is another example of a strong builder with a potentially high Culture rating. Fox Nest should be concentrating on projects other than Wonders as its rating as the Number One City in the world will never be dislodged. What wonders we have left to build should go to the cities struggling to join Fox Nest on that list. Our great Phoenatican Capital city can concentrate on other projects such as military units, remaing improvements, and spaceship parts.

So, we're looking at pre-building the Longevity wonder and using the GL to rush the CFC. Because of the length of time needed to achieve the Genetics advance (I would estimate 16 turns at the current rate) and the speed with which our top producing cities can knock out a Wonder (probably 15 turns or so), we should wait a bit before starting any pre-build. The war and the weariness it will cause is another factor we have to take into consideration as this may require adjusting the Science slider.

Did I answer your question, Donsig?

You answered it but I think we can research genetics faster than 16 turns - which is why I'm asking about pre-building now. BTW, I agree that Khatovar would be a good pre-build site. Say the word and we'll do it! :)

Yes, domestic has made the wonder decisions all game long - it is only the recent standard of the president deciding what to do with great leaders that impacts on the process of wonder building.

Finally, I thought we did follow the first poll? Didn't it say to rush SETI? I remember arguing against that poll in the turn chat. You are so right about the polls though. Take a look at the planting spy polls. Big argument that we should plant spies NOW. Then we do individual polls that were laid out much better and in almost all cases the vote is to NOT plant a spy! How a poll is written impacts the outcome of the poll.

Hey, maybe we should have some standards for writing polls! :lol: (Sorry, couldn't resist that one!)

Actually, Donsig, if I had my druthers, I'd elect to have the CFC built in Khatovar for the extra Culture. If this were to be, then the GL would be used to rush it and no pre-build would be necessary. I'm using 16 turns on the Genetics advance as a conservative figure. Right now, as I stated above, there are many factors that may influence this research time. Spies and covert ops are two new concerns to take into account.

BTW, the poll standards line was pretty funny...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom