Domestic Department - Term 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have discovered in my past that chains of courthouses leading from the capital to a highly corruptive outer city will add efficiency to the courthouse in reducing corruption in that outer city. There are not too many courthouses in this country.

Sincerely,
Bearnstein
Mayor of Callisto

Cyc:
i would like the domestic department to accept my resignation as head of census office.

due to the poll you know,
danke will be the new head of census office and zarn will be his 1st census officer (deputy?).

the domestic department should officially accept their positions so they can take up work immediately.

tnx,
disorganizer
future former head of census office

Bearnstein, while I support building courthouses in the country, Firaxians have said multiple times that a courthouse only reduces corruption in the city in question.

disorganizer, we have no reason not to accept your resignation. It seems like Danke and Zarn are responsible enough for the job, consider them employed.

As of now, Danke is head of census office with Zarn as his first census officer.

Lovro: I just asked cause cyc posted in the judical thread about general advice on appointing officials.

Map of Blue Mountain National Park:
updated map in the thread!

Can't quite leave that office fast enough, huh Dis?

That came out wrong. It should have been something like "we have no reason not to accept your resignation, no matter how much I would want to do that". ;)

I just want to give others a chance.

And as we soon end this game, i would like to have some time left in pension as a normal citizen with complaining about or government, moving around in our empire and see all the wonders our world has to offer ;-)

And with the "golden parachute" i receive i will hopefully be able to buy myself a pension home in sunshine beach...

And of course i still have a hope for a nice goodbye speach by some ppl of the government ;-)

Dear Domestic Leader

delphi (again) has the problem that it seems not to be heard by the government. Please watch at the next chat that our requests are met, even if our governor is still missing or doesnt listen to us!

Best Regards,
Disorganizer
Mayor of delphi county

I understand that a courthouse helps only in that city but i argue and I wish to be enlightened if wrong that a chain of courthouses from the capital improves on the efficency

disorganizer, your best bet would be to try to get ahold of the governor (Civanator), and get him to post the queue in question.

If you don't come to an agreement by Friday, we'll see what we can do.

Bearnstein, can you prove that claim anyhow? I, myself, cannot say for sure it doesn't stand, other than that it is not mentioned anywhere (is it?).

7/25/02 Domestic Report

I’m back. It’s been too long since my last report. Many things have happened. We have expanded our borders to the North and East of the Forbidden Palace. We have taken many cities from the Iroquois and all but one of the Chinese cities. As we are now at peace with the world and are protected from aggression by a mighty army, we can once again concentrate on Growth and Happiness.

I am very happy that Phoenatica has responded to the call for Growth and Happiness. I look around the Nation and see many large happy and growing cities. Cities bursting with happy Phoenaticans, it’s like a dream come true. On the world scene we lead in many categories, to include: Productivity, Annual Income, Life Expectancy, Manufactured Goods, Gross National Product, Land Area, Pollution, Population, and of course, Approval Rating. That’s 9 categories! Outstanding. We have two of the top 5 cities of the world, soon to be 3, as Khatovar is sure to join PDX and Fox Nest on the list. We own over 70% of the worlds Great Wonders. We have a great lead over the next closet nation as far as strength and development (1665 point lead for the bean counters). And the Palace looks GREAT! The year is 1720ad and Phoenatica leads the world.

As the war is over and the nation put great expense and production into the war effort, we now have a huge Defensive Force. We have 170 up-to-date ground units (infantry, mech. infantry, tanks), 22 bombers, 5 fighters, and 7 ships. Plus we have 22 units in production at this time. This means during the next chat or so, we will have around 220 units on our soil or in the water. The Domestic Department feels it is time to slow the war machine down some and return to normal production. We do not need to grind to a halt, just curtail the major production agenda we have been focusing on. Let us return to building the city improvements that will make our cities wealthy in Culture and business.

The end of the month is upon us and the elections are drawing near. I would like to announce my withdrawal from the political scene at the end of this term. So far, I have been the Cultural Minister (the first one), a mayor for two cities, a Governor of two Provinces, and the Domestic Leader. Plus during this time, I was also the Curator at the Phoenatica National Art Museum. So my plate has been full, and I’ve happily devoured all of the opportunities to express myself to the fullest extent. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself as a politician here in Phoenatica. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Don’t forget, self-nomination is a viable way to obtain a government position. If you want to participate, please join in. But most of all, please vote!

You could join me in delphi. We will spend the nights on spice bay beaches talking about the good old times when our nation was young!

AAahh...The Good ole Bad ole Days! Sounds great. But have you forgotten all about the great summerhouse in the mountains south of Alexandria? Spice Bay is good for me...got any ice cold spice beer?

Sure! Just check in from time to time. I would of course prefer seeing a new citizen, but its up to you!

I think discussion time is over now, so our nice discussion parlor near alexandria will silently be gone where all monuments of our nation will go over time.

Our pension time should be fun for us!

Once again, Ladies and Gentlemen...

Top 12 Cities

01. Thebes - 50
02. Fox Nest - 49
03. PDX - 40
03. Philedelphia - 40
03. Memphis - 40
04. Heliopolis - 33
05. Khatovar - 29
05. Malinalco - 29
06. New York - 22
07. Pherris - 19
08. Civanatoria - 13
09. Valhall - 12

Honorable Mention:

Eyr - 11
Elephantine - 9
Alexandria - 8

I will try to make sure your requests are granted by the DP, Dis. I'm glad you're making the effort to take care of Delphi County. BTW, as Domestic Leader can I bestow the Honorary title of Commisioner to your Office, as you know over-see a County rather than only a city?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom