Domestic discussion: City placement

I say to move one tile north, and to order the worker to road the wheat where he stands. By moving north, we'll obliterate the jungle and protect the valuable wheat tiles.

I second the motion to get closer to the spices :).

There is no spice. That was the other start. That did not exist. Remember? :p

I say build where we are. Its got river, wheat, and hills. Its got the bonus within the radius. Its the perfect compromise. So go with it. :p

Epimethius said:
There is no spice. That was the other start. That did not exist. Remember? :p

I say build where we are. Its got river, wheat, and hills. Its got the bonus within the radius. Its the perfect compromise. So go with it. :p
Thats it, Someone has to post the screenshots of the legal game :p

Edit: Never Mind, I saw the screenshot from the legal game

Ok, In looking at the screenshot, I beleve that setteling on the tile NW or SE of our current possition would be a good idea, Since if we settle on the wheat, we would not get the benifits of that resource and we would be missing out on an extra wheat.

CivGeneral said:
Ok, In looking at the screenshot, I beleve that setteling on the tile NW or SE of our current possition would be a good idea, Since if we settle on the wheat, we would not get the benifits of that resource and we would be missing out on an extra wheat.

If we go to the NW, it looks like we're likely to get more jungle.

I don't see any big advantage in having a coastal capital. What do we get? And we lose a good bit of our production.

NW - there's coast. DaveShack - get a new modpack! ;)

North to the Jungle is best IMHO. mining the wheat would be better than roading it. The river will stop any travel bonus. We'll clear the uneeded Jungle and put some space between us and that damn coast.

Cyc said:
North to the Jungle is best IMHO. We'll clear the uneeded Jungle and put some space between us and that damn coast.
But that gives us at least 2 tiles of unneeded jungle...

I would say move to the grassland SE. It gets us completely away from the coast. We will pick up at least one more hill. Moving to the jungle, we would still have at least one coastal tile in the radius, and we can't be certain how much jungle is up there. If we stay where we are we end up with 2 coastal tiles and can't do anything with the grain tile. If we move to the hill, we'll need an aqueduct for growth. Therefore, a move to the SE is my choice.

Personally I lean twoards directly east. We're garenteed two hills, got both wheats, and got the River.

We lose any Production from taking down the forest, however there appears to be plenty of other forests around, and a Plains to the North of that location. Though that "plains" could turn out to be a desert (can't quite tell with the fog).

I'm against a Costal City, all Costal cities do (this early) is commerce and navy. Our Capital needs to be a production center.

Also, by planting on the forest, there's a chance we don't have to waste any Bonus Grasslands at all.

Top Bottom