1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Don Deity: Warlords 2.08, huge random continents map, epic speed

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Snaaty, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation -

Hi Harry! u are really all over this place and in mine opinion i would not mind u to take over this tread since it is apparently dead;); altough i like india very much i did not read yours story much (becouse u play noble i think but i am going to have a look now:D

2. bestbrian

bestbrian Just this guy, ya know?

This thread is NOT dead. Snaaty will be back. Although they said the same thing about Godot...:lol:

3. MyOtherCar

MyOtherCar The answer is 42

I agree: don't!

4. Harry Potter52

Harry Potter52 Prince

Yeah, Snaaty is the best... ::-D: This story cannot be DEAD, it is amazing and will go on.

5. Berten

Berten Chieftain

Great read,

just recently caught up

looking forward for more

6. Patricman

Patricman Hepatologist/liver doctor

no its not dead. its just a long period of waiting. He even said we would wait a while! read some other threads, and you'll come to like this one even better.

7. BakingTheArt

BakingTheArt His Evening Coat

Remember when we said whatever you think is best? We take that back. Just post an update now to tide us over. :D

8. Snaaty

Snaaty Deity

I´m loaded and loaded and loaded with work and logically, time is getting more and more precious these days... ...but yes, this in "not dead".

And since the next part was already finished some time ago I will post it later tonight so you can have at least a "short read"... ...and with a little luck I can find the time to finsh the 2. part of this series of updates later this week...:)

9. Snaaty

Snaaty Deity

Bloodbath in Zululand, Part 1:

…

So the signs were set for war again for the brave USoF soldiers. With Kublai busy punishing China for declaring war on a MATO member by invading (and overrunning) them, Don Deity and General Supersnaat deemed the timing perfect to start the invasion on Zululand in April 1613, although the last results on composites and therefore better armour for the USoF tanks were still missing. The USoF scientists estimated about 5 weeks more (=5 turns) until they would be able to start to mass produce the new materials, but Don Deity wasn’t willing to risk the delay due to his fears of Mongolia ending their crusade against China (= vassalizing them) before the USoF army would have wrestled down Shaka and established a solid foothold in Bompf, when delaying the invasion any longer…

So plans for a massive overseas invasion against a foe with equal technology and about the same army strength (about 100 mobile units) had to be drawn, since the USoF secret weapon (modern armours) wouldn’t be ready in time… …and that’s what Don Deity and General Supersnaat came up with:

135.JPG

About half of the eastern army, altogether 16 battalions of tanks and 5 battalions of artillery (see left side of screen) had already been shipped to Bompf and stationed on the Mongolian side of the Border near kwaDuwhatever, the main target of the initial USoF attack. The rest was just being shipped in, during the second journey of the eastern USoF fleet. This time, the ships mainly contained battalions of gunships and artillery and only some battalions of tanks, altogether 28 battalions more (see bottom of screen). The eastern fleet was divided in two groups (mainly due to a missclick, but well), and only protected by 3 USoF cruisers. That wouldn’t be by far enough to stand any chance for surviving a sea fight for more then 2-3 hours, due to the Zulu eastern fleet being about 5 times bigger then the USoF eastern fleet, but 2-3 hours would hopefully be enough time for General Supersnaat to execute Don Deity´s masterplan.

It wasn’t by accident, that the USoF army was divided in two groups, with mainly artillery and gunships on the ships and mainly tanks already landed in Bompf. The plan behind all this was the following:

Eastern armygroup 1 (EAG 1) would cross the naval border and enter Zulu waters as soon as Don Deity would hang up the phone, after declaring war on Shaka (some things were simply too enjoyable, like declaring war on an unprepared neighbour or declaring war on an unprepared neighbour, so after more then 5600 years of being the leader of his nation, Don Deity still insisted on doing these calls in person…) and the USoF cruisers would start immediately to bombard the seaside defences of kwaDuwhatever, long before the Zulu navy was able to react. The eastern fleet would unite directly in front of the harbour of kwaDuwhatever (see screen, green) and after the initial bombardment from the cruisers, all available USoF artillery would be landed directly next to the harbour and start taking out the remaining seaside defences of kwaDuwhatever.

Although this operation would hit the Zulu completely by surprise and the city of kwaDuwhatever was only defended by 5 battalions of Zulu infantry, General Supersnaat expected extremely high losses among the USoF artillery battalions. Attacking a city from a beachhead with artillery always was bound to have high casualties on the attackers side, due to the exposed position of the artillery and the lack of any fortifications (The USoF artillery will attack directly from the transports, getting a 50% penalty. Although the city was only defended by 5 infantry, from 13 artillery most are not expected to survive the initial assault…)

Once the defenders of kwaDuwhatever are weakened enough by the USoF artillery, the USoF tanks would join the attack and take the harbour of kwaDuwhatever by simply running down the softened defenders. Losses among the tanks were also expected, but time was crucial. The harbour of kwaDuwhatever MUST be under USoF control within 2 hours, or the whole plan would fail…

The second phase of the plan would start, once the harbour of kwaDuwhatever was under USoF control (=the city was captured):

The eastern USoF fleet would sail into the harbour of kwaDuwhatever, disembarking all remaining units, most important all gunships. While the host of the USoF army would be busy rebuilding the costal fortifications of kwaDuwhatever and to fortify the remaining artillery at strategic positions, the gunships would immediately swarm out all over the city and wrestle down any resistance within the next hours. Once the city was secured, the main purpose of the gunships was, to cut all roads and railroads leading from kwaDuwhatever to the rest of Zululand via bombardment (see screen, red circles) and to create a “save zone” around the city the USoF army could use to prepare for the Zulu counterstrike and to dig in, until the USoF scientists would have finished their tests with the composites…

…

Meanwhile, the eastern armygroup 2 (EAG 2) would cross the Zulu border north of kwaDuwhatever from Mongolia and the tanks would immediately start to destroy the railroad and road there before fortifying. By doing so, all Zulu troops would be forced to either go around the Nobamba lake and approach EAG 2 from the Zulu/Mongolian borderland… …an area in which the Zulu had neglected their railroad system so far… …now they would pay for it, because they wouldn’t reach EAG 2 in time to avoid them joining EAG 1 in kwaDuwhatever. Only the small garrison force from Nobamba would be able to reach the EAG 1 in time, but there were only 7 Zulu battalions stationed in Nobamba, so this was no real threat (the rest of the Zulu army was to far away to cover the 4 tiles without railroad they were forced to take once the strategic roads and railroads were destroyed to reach EAG 1 within 1 turn).

Once EAG 1 was save and the northern route to kwaDuwhatever was destroyed, the USoF eastern fleet would pick up the artillery battalions from EAG 1 (see screen, purple) and ship them into kwaDuwhatever (see screen, orange). The Tanks would take the landroute, passing through the “save zone” (thanks to 2 move making it in time and still being able to do the first strike against any approaching enemies).

…

EAG 1 and 2 then would try to hold kwaDuwhatever long enough to reopen the airport there (until composites are researched... …and in theory until flight was researched after composites… …there is a little logic flaw in the story here, because the new composites can’t be flown to kwaDuwhatever without flight, and therefore General Supersnaat actually wouldn’t be able to upgrade anything in reality… …but well, lets ignore that… …flight will be researched right after composites anyways) and immediately when the new armour was finally ready and flown in General Supersnaat would start to upgrade all remaining tanks (those NOT killed by the Zulu counterstrike) and prepare his advance into Central Zululand...

…

In parallel, the western fleet would disembark the WAG 2 (western armygroup 2) and the WAG 1 and 2 would travel on the Mongolian side of the Zulu border direction kwaDuwhatever in the trains rented from Kublai, either joining the defence of kwaDuwhatever or start a surprise assault on Nobamba… …at least that was the theory…

…

I’m happy for any feedback, suggestions, tips and hints concerning this game...

IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you want to play along or ahead feel free to pick any save you like. Only thing you REALLY should do is to use spoiler tags for anything AHEAD of the actual story.

The saves for this game I will post every 3-4 turnsets from now on

YOU WILL NEED THE WARLORDS 2.13 PATCH TO OPEN THE LAST SAVES

See you Soon

Snaaty

10. MyOtherCar

MyOtherCar The answer is 42

11. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation -

:thumbsup: but do not let the work to kill u or this tread will be deadish:nuke:; i have a bad idea: just quit whatever u are doing till u are finnished here and than move on with the other stuff, that is unless u are Obama:) or mrs. A. Merkel

12. Turquoiside

Turquoiside Emperor

If you want to see a REAL dead thread, check out Pacal's Ball Court, by Flouzemaker.

13. Harry Potter52

Harry Potter52 Prince

All of flousemaker's threads are now dead
    But great update snaaty, amazing

14. Patricman

Patricman Hepatologist/liver doctor

Hey snaaty! Very nice suspense building update! Can't wait for the rest!

15. bestbrian

My Spidey Sense is tingling; something VERY bad is about to happen.

16. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

Is it just more or the last 3 or 4 updates have been "suspense building updates"? Jee!

17. Nefariosx

Nefariosx Chieftain

Good story, bro.

18. bestbrian

Got to tell you, Dude, I'm not diggin' the sig. Patricman has his because he is a believer and it's important to him. Now, I don't share it, but I respect it. Mocking someone's truly held beliefs in who they are, where they came from, and what their existence means? That's cold, wrong, and disrespectful. That's alot of work to put into being negative; do something postive with it instead. Not cool.

19. Nefariosx

Nefariosx Chieftain

I don't understand why you can't respect me in the same way.

also no u

20. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

It's not the place to discuss this. Still, these forums are one of the few gaming forums I have been into where people don't pretend to have higher opinions than everybody else in typical internet fashion. Your signature is the opposite of that. It's not a matter of agreeing with what your signature is saying or not. It's a matter of disagreeing with people barging into my house to push opinions on me.

Why do signatures even exist anyway.