Don Deity: Warlords 2.08, huge random continents map, epic speed

Now this should be fun. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Another possibility would be to mail the save to someone with an adequate computer, have him hit end turn and mail the (auto)save back.... though it would become a very slow play and a bit tedious, you would be able to finish it yourself (if only the interturns are causing problems).

Dang, too bad this game could not be finished.

Thanks for a truly great read, snaaty!

Dang, too bad this game could not be finished.

Thanks for a truly great read, snaaty!

Unconquered Sun said he was going to undertake it. Just have to wait for him to get around to it. I haven't given up hope! :cool:

I had my hands full with three challenge games, the MTDG2, and SGOTM09, but now I'm almost done with the challenges, finishing this one is next :)

I had my hands full with three challenge games, the MTDG2, and SGOTM09, but now I'm almost done with the challenges, finishing this one is next :)

Who's better than you? :)

I want to see the Mongolians kneel down before the USoF army!;)

This game-story was truly amazing and hilarious ! It just kept me busy reading for several hours during the past three days. Thank you Snaaty : great play and remarkable writing !
:goodjob:

Looking at the game it probably takes a month for an average computer to calculate a turn. ;)

Will this game make it to 2 years?!

Maybe we should take up a collection to help Snaaty upgrade his computer to handle the big finish.

Interesting read - I hope to see a conclusion to this game soon.

@Snaaty: I noticed a flaw in your probability estimation which might explain why revolutions happen way more often than you expect:

(the chances of a revolution were at 2% with all the units I kept in Persepolis… …and the chances of 3 revolutions within 19 turns therefore were like 19*0.02*0.02*0.02*100=0,015%... …so not VERY high… …if I would have been able, I would have nuked Persepolis myself…)

If you want to know the probability of seeing head at least once when throwing a dice three times, you cannot use 3*0.5= 150%. Instead, it's 1-(0.5^3) = 87%.

More generally, you can use the binomial probability.

For exactly three revolutions within 19 turns, I get a probability of 0.56% (and 0.61% for at least three revolutions). You still got unlucky, though.

Long time drifter, first time posting here... I hope that the end comes soon, I'm left hanging...can't play the saves, I only have the regular Civ IV... :cry:

Just thinking, Don Deity is really lucky not to be facing Monty. Monty would basically rocket around destroying everything in sight with 2000+ units. :ar15::ar15::mad:

Waiting for Godot/Mr Sun. He'll come, I tell you. :)

HSMF, ive been reading this thread (and the persian emperor thread) for about 10 hours over the course of two days and I'm STUNNED that there is no conclusion to this insane story
TEN HOURS I SPENT ON THESE FORUMS cuz i figured reading this story was a better use of my time than failing at emperor endlessly...

HSMF, ive been reading this thread (and the persian emperor thread) for about 10 hours over the course of two days and I'm STUNNED that there is no conclusion to this insane story
TEN HOURS I SPENT ON THESE FORUMS cuz i figured reading this story was a better use of my time than failing at emperor endlessly...

LOL, if you think thats bad try reading Prince of the Universe! :lol:

^Now now, it's a different scenario.

When we're old and grey we'll surely read the conclusion to Princes :D

wow i've read through all the 36 pages without coming on the last page to see the end for the surprise ending... all along people were saying they were laughing of people wanting updates but thinking the game was over but not....This thread is epic i mean i was saying to myself there is no way this game isnt finished its 2 years old! The final battle is so epic that computers are not strong enough to calculate the outcome! Thats what I call Epic!

happy 2 years!

and maybe Don will get a new computer... i mean everybody gets a new computer every 2 years on average ?!

Top Bottom