Don Deity: Warlords 2.08, huge random continents map, epic speed

Well, I guess this thread is dead... too bad. This was a REALLY good read. :(

Well, I guess this thread is dead... too bad. This was a REALLY good read. :(

Unfortunately. I guess Snaaty never got a new machine, and Unconquered Sun never found the time. Pity that. :cry:

I'm planning on getting BTS within a few days... maybe... just maybe... I might finish the game, and post, if that would be appropriate? I just hate being left hanging like that.

I'm planning on getting BTS within a few days... maybe... just maybe... I might finish the game, and post, if that would be appropriate? I just hate being left hanging like that.

Sure it's appropriate; that's why Snaaty posted the save.

Oh, and this predates BTS - it's Warlords. :)

i just can't believe this is it. this by far the greatest Civ tale I've read so far... and the mistery of the final battle will always prevail

thanks everybody for your support... ...and no, no new laptop so far... ...obsolete and zulan also hate me for this, cause I´m usually the one who causes our deity teamer (see SG section) to crash here and there:lol:

and yes, everybody is welcome to finish the game. Only rule: NO NUKES

I would even finish the tale, if you provide me with the endsave or simply post it here cause I also hate this beeing not finished:cry:

Have been stumbling over this thread and as a longtime follower of Snaatys stories i decided to finish the game.

In fact it wasnt much work left to do , as the preparations were all set and done .....

Im sure i didnt play a perfect turnset as its hard to get into a complex game like that when you miss so many informations...
Yet i used the production advantage of Snaatys empire combined with some clues about how to beat a deity KI in war.

I apologize in advance for the german in my screenshots - I hope the pictures wil speak for itself :
It took me about 3 or 4 turns to get elected as U.N. spokesman and another 4 turns to have the option available for diplomaitc victory. Due to our many vassals the vote itself passed by a rather large margin :

Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

All in all this victory was worth some 240k points - not too shabby

Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

If some of you might think that this is a rather anticlimatic win for this epic game i want to stress that it was basically won on the battlefield as well.
Here you see an overview over Kublais army since i took over - As one can see he lost all his army while our losses were rather low and restocked by our production. It was more of an transport problem to get all new units to the frontline....

Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

The victory conditions - Domination was close at hand - Just a mere 3% missing while some of my freshly conquered land was still under revolt :

Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG

Here you see the latest additions to our fine empire ... the remaining cities of Kublai were mostly defended by Infantry , artillery and marines. We also got 2 new generals and had the upper hand with our veteran tanks...

Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPGCiv4ScreenShot0006.JPG

It was tough work to move all the units, think about the right order of attack and defend against the initial stacks . Once the first major battles were decisively won i also was a bit sloppy in managing reinforcements and fighting the "best" battles... Quite a few artillery were then used as "cannon fodder" to free some mongol cities fast , following a good old german "blitzkrieg" mentality ....
At the screens you can see the west coast and east coast were i was marching forward and crushed the resistance of Kublai.....

Edit: added the final save....

Attachments

• Snaaty n. Chr.-1688.CivWarlordsSave
    947.3 KB · Views: 121
Nicely done, Sir. :goodjob:

Awesome, this story concludes !

Thanks Ventrue43 for the finishing pics, and a huge thank you to you Snaaty for keeping us entertained with the Epic story of Don deity for over two years.

:goodjob: and [party]

EDIT : And damn, I forgot I was forbidden to make that post (by myself). Nevertheless, this is good enough for a 1000th post. ;)

Nicely done, ventrue43! Thank you for finishing this up. I have been hoping for this moment quite a while now...

Thanks to Snaaty for starting this game and giving us some hilarious minutes. I hope that we see Don Deity turn his subjects to statues again soon! :king:

Thanks, Venture... I had been hanging on for a few months, waiting for the end. Ironically, my computer broke the day before you finished the story.

On the subject of Don Deity returning... can I perhaps steal the character for my upcoming story? I have a BTS Emperor game coming up... not quite as prestigious, I guess, but from what I've played so far, it's going to turn out real tense... Don Emperor, maybe?

:bump:

Just because this might be the best there ever was. :D

Indeed. Cursed be inadequate computers! And thanks to snaaty for a great game, and to Venture43 for finishing it!

Almost-gay-love to you both!

Edit: goddamnit I told myself not to post drunk. Idiot.

@ UnlockPotential:

Welcome here then:D

@ Der Graf:

Welcome to you auch... ...concerning your question:

I sent both (Ash and Bren) after Alex capital to cause max. confusion... ...I think that´s also the reason why Ash is running through my battlefield area with some units here and there bothering Alex... ...I expect Bren doing the same on Alex other border:lol:

huh? You can tell your vassals which cities to attack? How? I can't tell them to do anything! What am I missing?

huh? You can tell your vassals which cities to attack? How? I can't tell them to do anything! What am I missing?

When you're at war with someone, enter the diplomacy screen of your vassal, go to Discuss Something Else, and you'll have the option to tell your vassal to attack a particular enemy city.

Thanks ventrue43, your like an angle of story finishing who posts but once on the forum but what a post.

This story was the first post I made on the forum (I think). Who know what i was starting. Thanks snatty for getting me hooked!

Top Bottom