DonMartyMod

Im actually doing pretty fine with no science for any pop. You just have to make sure to devote a city or two to science.

The AI handles it a little slow but thats ok if you set it on one of the higher difficulty settings it gives you a nice head start, Warlord at the very least.

The one issue now is that the chieftain might be too powerful early on. Maybe make him a national wonder so theres only one per civ. And if possible set him to great general graphic so he doesnt get lost in the sea of warriors hehe.

Im actually doing pretty fine with no science for any pop. You just have to make sure to devote a city or two to science.

The AI handles it a little slow but thats ok if you set it on one of the higher difficulty settings it gives you a nice head start, Warlord at the very least.

The one issue now is that the chieftain might be too powerful early on. Maybe make him a national wonder so theres only one per civ. And if possible set him to great general graphic so he doesnt get lost in the sea of warriors hehe.

You should take prince or harder.
There is only 1 warchief per town, you cant make an army of them. I wanted him more powerfull than a persian immortal.

I will try to balance science before editing art. And now that my game got crash with autosaves desactivated i just feel like watching TV.

Ok. Sounds good. Its what Ive been doing! :lol:
Anyway, i have no programming knowledge whatsoever, but a sensible way to get around the 0.5 science is to have, say, 1 science per 2 population or whatever. Like how you get 1 gold per 5 pop with the war and peace mod?

Nice ideas DonMarty :). I recommend you update your first post, with changelog and description of the mod.

Very cool =) I had a crash problem too earlier but Im not sure if it was the same problem you had or another mod i downloaded. Works ok now though.

If you want the art info for the general to use on the chieftain its

<UnitArtInfo>ART_DEF_UNIT_GENERAL</UnitArtInfo>

Thats the only thing i changed the rest is neat so far =)
the funny thing is that the cavemen from totalmod always kick my cromagnon's butts.
But it makes sense my cromagnon have to use team tactics to take down those guys.

Its so funny to watch all the 1 step cavemen and cromagnon get stuck in a bottleneck so you have to start a prehistoric world war just to clear up thinner spots.

The unique units make the game really interesting especially since you only get a limited number of them. I also like how the 3 hut choices work focus military, expansion, or tech. It really sets the mood for the rest of the game.

The shamans are a really good idea. I get so sad when my shaman dies for my city hehe. One of my most favorite things so far though. The only unit i care about early on!

I also like having to build the palace. Many times I have been so upset when i get a map that I cant raze the capital of a neighbor. This mod gives me a nice window to shove off the capitals that are in my comfort area if I hurry to do it. A nice incentive for early warfare.

I must say I edited the mod a bit. I was unsure if the yield balance bonuses would end up being too easy for me. So I went and removed your tile yield options.

I saw that you have a dark ages idea. I think that would be really neat when you get to it.

EDIT: I also have to add... this mod works very well alongside totalmod alpha.. Its a nice combo

How did you get this to work? Every time I try I crash at map generation.

Very cool =) I had a crash problem too earlier but Im not sure if it was the same problem you had or another mod i downloaded. Works ok now though.

If you want the art info for the general to use on the chieftain its

<UnitArtInfo>ART_DEF_UNIT_GENERAL</UnitArtInfo>

The great general doesn't have attack animation so it freeze up. :(

Where can I find/download this mod?? It isn't in the downloads section and it isn't here either. A link or something would be helpful.

Hi, after my saves got corrupted, i looked at what new does the mod section hold and there i saw your mod. I was really curious about this, because i had always wanted a mod similar to this, so I gave it a try.
It feels like playing a game on Double Diety.
While you have all the disadvantages that the mod gives you, the AI starts as it normally does with 8 or something science 8+ happiness and what`s worse - their warrior unit. I think you should look into this.

Hi, after my saves got corrupted, i looked at what new does the mod section hold and there i saw your mod. I was really curious about this, because i had always wanted a mod similar to this, so I gave it a try.
It feels like playing a game on Double Diety.
While you have all the disadvantages that the mod gives you, the AI starts as it normally does with 8 or something science 8+ happiness and what`s worse - their warrior unit. I think you should look into this.

The AI start with 1 free tech. He doesnt have anything more.

America - General Patton
Arabia - ?
Aztec - ?
China - Cao Cao
Egypt - Ramses the Great
England - Churchhill
France - Charlemagne
Germany - Emperor Wilhelm
Greece - Achilles
India - ?
Iroquois - ?
Japan - Ieyasu Tokugawa
Ottoman - ?
Persia - ?
Rome - Caesar
Russia - Hard to say, could be someone like Ivan, or Lenin. I'd go with Lenin.
Siam - ?
Songhai - ?

Okay, so they have Songhai included but no Spain? That's depressing.
I'd recommend checking Civ 4 for ideas :)

Also: What else is in progress right now?

Top Bottom