Dont know if this is in the the right spot....

DragonTempest

Chieftain
Hi, I have been a lurker here since civ2 but I rarely cant find an answer to my problems so i don't post anything.
But now I do have a problem.
How do I set it so that when I start a new game that I can use the [default] leader name instead of my account name?
I know I could type it in but I would rather have it so when i get in the game it is the leaders name I pick. I am lazy that way.

I've been wondering the same myself for the longest time.

Amazing, though, 6+ years and only 22 posts? I commend you for not getting sucked into this forum. :)

I remember the account name is stored somewhere in XML but I can't remember which file. If you find it, just get rid of the name and replace it with a -1 and it should just use the default name.

meh. I play the game more than troll the forums. besides there is alot of stuff on here that (to me) is unnecessary.

will try and find that information though, and I will post it.

Thank you

I looked through several files and associations... switch numbers to -1, 0 and left it blank. But nothing seemed to work other than posting the number I typed in as the name. (when I left it blank it somehow revert to my name even though It wasnt in the document and I couldnt find another file with it in it.

How do I set it so that when I start a new game that I can use the [default] leader name instead of my account name?
I know I could type it in but I would rather have it so when i get in the game it is the leaders name I pick. I am lazy that way.

Start a custom game/scenario, click on [account name] and fill in [actual leader name]. Works only for the game/scenario you've set it, though.

Thanks jeelen, but unfortunatly that is precisly what I wanted to avoid. i just want to do a quit game with the default leader's name.

i just want to do a quit game with the default leader's name.

AFAIK it can't be done. The game will always use the in game alias you provide in the ini file. If you want to use the leader's actual name you'll have to enter it yourself.

Theorectically, you could go into the .ini and place [DEFAULT] or whatever, but i can't be sure.

Yea setting it to [DEFAULT] will simply set your name to [DEFAULT] and not the default name.

Top Bottom