[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

Recently, I tried Increasing/Flexible Difficulty in A New Dawn, but I had no idea what boxes I should check or how it really works, so that's not much fun if I don't know what is going on or why.

I was mistaken and you are correct, Keldath, Dynamic Difficulty was indeed in RevDCM, which is another mod I played of ton of back in the day.

I'm not at all clear by what you mean by a tech cost rubber band, f1rpo, but it sounds interesting. I can say that with the proper role-playing and self-restrictions, the AI in AdvCiv is so competent that I've been having lots of fun simply playing on Prince level, something that I was never able to do before.

Once again, I am very much looking forward to playing the next version of DOTO when it is ready, particularly because I haven't played a mod with faction specific unit models and more than 18 civilizations for quite a long time now, so that will be lots of fun.

Thanks again to both of you for all the work you are doing providing my all-time favorite game with certainly one of the very best AIs in 4X!

hey friend,

thanks for to kind words, appreciated.

od with faction specific unit models
each civ have 5-6 unique unit models with different strengths.
so, not all unit models are different, but the main ones are.

still working on the mod, i have a development version based on f1rpo advciv up and running.
only one part i have not merged yet, which is the ranged attack.
but once i will, ill be on some changes and such, along with updating the version up to advciv build.

Yes, that is clear now. Rubber banding the tech cost sounds like a straightforward and effective way to somewhat level the playing field to keep a game more interesting in the later stages.

update,
with the impending release (hopefully) of official advciv 097,
im too making effort to finish Doto 105.

i just finished the beta design of the Ranged attack feature, based off Vincentz, DCM, archer Barrage and the help of f1rpo.
i now turn to do the ai part of it, somehow :)

ok, so ill layout the Ranged mechanics thus far:

there are 2 types of bombards:
1.ranged field attack
2. ranged city attack and bombard
3. bombard.

1. a siege unit will have a ranged...area which it can attack.
most units, all units, will have collateral damage limit, number of hit units, combat limit and max collateral damage.
field attacks are as obvious.

2. cities - if a city has defenders - regular ranged attack
if a city has both defenders and both defense - the ranged attack - will do both attack the units and reduce city defense.
if a defender has reached his combat limit - the city bombardment can continue
if a siege unit do not have ignore building defense - it wont be able to do collateral damage.(my tweak of city defense)

3. almost normal BTS bombard - closest city attack. (although i added range to that option - best closest reachable city within a range. (this will only be used by the ai i think...)

ranged units can only attack by ranged mission attack, they cant do normal head on attack.

game options:
ranged attack ends moves (Land / Sea)
random ranged attack chance to hit
random ranged attack damage
random ranged bombard chance to hit
random city bombard damage
random air bomb attack damage.

ill also add some more options - control if you want to use all the rules i listed for city attack or not.

for AI:
i overwritten all existing calls for bombard with ranged. if Ai unit has ranged - that is the action it will do .
the ai functions all will direct to the range attack login and it will be checked.
city bombardment - best city, that unit can reach (generate path), with defenders or not.

Hi all,

Doto 1.05 is finally officially released.

i worked on it on the past year; the build is motly an update to advciv 097b which contain almost a complete re code of numerous parts (see advciv thread).
along the way many bugs were fixed with the help of f1rpo.
i changed some xml stuff and fixes.

im sorry i didnt document much , i had a busy good year...and i try to stay here and keep the updating alive.

ranged attack- i could have meddled with it for longer, but i decided to remove it until im sure of the way it works.
now that im relaxed about 105, i cant start focusing on ranged.
hopefully , ranged will come as a patch later on.

i wish to thank f1rpo with all my heart.

------
dear Doto and advciv loyale civ4 players,
please, drop a comment, feedback good bad, anything, thats the motivation to keep modding, that evern 1 person enjoys this mod (plus myself :))

yours,
Keldath.

hello my quite friends,

i found some issues with 105 version,
such as icons issue along with some more minor issues.
in addition, many issues were fixed so far in advciv.

so i will soon have version 106.
but i wanna do some more stuff before, but it is close.
my development version gets updates all the time if anyone wants.

well work continues,
i hope im close to 106 wrap up.

i spent ons of hours on ranged attack in several variations.
i now going with realism invictus version along with vip vincentz code and parts of dale dcm and my own code.
this is a big code hybrid...
the realism invictus i have seems some quirks with ai behavior so im working of helping the ai to use ranged units well.

The latest version is crashing for me on load of the mod. The previous version can still load no problem. I did try deleting everything in the CusomAssets folder in MyGames / BeyondtheSword, but that did not help. I think I found the AppData folder by typing %AppData% in search. I tried deleting everything in the AppData / local / cache folder, but that did not help either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom