[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

Um, technically, Authoritary shouldn't increase science. Espionage, yes. Science, not really. Adolf and Stalin weren't exactly champions of science. :)

Well, Stalin at the very least.
I'll edit this post when I come up with more things.

WAHAHAAAA! The Three Gorges Dam has a very interesting name change. WTF? no, really, spell that Acronymn out and that's it's new name. LOL, wut?

You may want to fix that. OR I'll call you Tourrete's.

Gah, now I'm getting that crap where you can't see anything on the screen. I can't select a unit, well, I can, but there's no way I can make it do anything. AGGGHH!

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

how funny! i forgot to change this!!! im embaressed!

the 2 gorges damn, created me a ctd cause so i renamed it so ill know its the cause and because it took me while to discover what it was - and i got pissed, a line there wasn't right that caused an error, and i forgot to change.

dont say i not doing original stuff :)))

damn i cracked up form laughing now....

sorry....

Heh, now tell me how to fix the issues with things disappearing from the screen, and i'll be happy.

disappearing from the screen? what do you mean?

if you wanna change the wtf name - just go to the civ4buildinginfo.xml file undel asstes\xml\buildings lok for the thre gorgers dam or the "wtf" name...

:)

i got some awesome new ideas from dune wars mod, that ill implement in the new ol version in the future.

Disappearing, what I mean is that I can select cities, and stuff, but the Overlay is not there. The HUD, the map itself is fine, but I can't see how much money I have, I can't command a unit to use an ability, etc. It's all locked up somehow.

It happens at the moment where I build a great person. It just will not let me control anything at all. There's no command, nothing that works. I'll try to upload a picture..

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0059.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0059.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 104
Oddly enough, it seems to happen after having a great Statesman in my city that was placed there because I couldn't build anything yet with him, and now when I build another great person, it starts fouling up. :(

Couple of things. Certain corporations like cereal mills are almost useless on the largest map. 20 food resources only give me 2 extra food per city?? Also it appears you cannot irrigate at all away from fresh water until biology. Was this intended? No fun with getting stuck with junk cities in order to grab a resource because you cant get any fresh water in until that late in the game.

Averall, great mod, and I especially like the effort to keep the play speed manageable later in the game.

Um, call me crazy, but it shouldn't take more than 200 turns to run to biology, and also, why not spam farms throughout the map? Two farms next to each other allow a bunch of farms to be connected to them. :)

I hope. And Cereal mills should give a lot more than 2 food per city. Might be a bug with your game.

Hi keldath,
I've test v.2.1 till modern Warfare. Great mod, nice units, very impressing religionsystem.
just two points.
1. Many civics and Techs using same icons. Do you need assistence to make diffrent ones ?
2. The civicsystem, I dont realy like. Instead of making 9 Groups, it is more helpful to make more civics pro group.
Eduction and healtcare can be merge, together with working(labor), in one Societygroup.
- Constitution
- Might
- Ideology
- Society
- Economy
- Religion
- Military
....are the things who building a state and a society.
but overlord2 is one of the best modpacks, with the most potential to build up, I've ever seen. :goodjob:

Jounk33,
hih wow thank you for the kind work,

im very happy there are still people who play this :)

1. yeah - i tried to skim the art as much as i could to keep the size of the mod low for late stages, but im sure icons wont do hard.
for now i dont need help, but thanks.

for the time being im not working on this mod, or doing something for my second mod - dune wars - who is continued to be worked on by our dune team.

2. i agree on that, might do this in the future.

i know there are many things to be worked on and to be changed, for now im not doing civ at all due to university stuff, but in the future, after enough updates are made - like revdcm next version. i will update this mod with some of the great mod components that was and will be released.

thanks a lot for the comment, and glad you liked it.

Ahoi,

been a long time since i played an Overlord game but now i played one with the latest version. Must say it improved quite a lot during the time. Unfortunately the game always seems to crash now after 2 turns from the attached savegame, maybe you can fix the issue if it is an issue at all.

i am using BTS 3.19 with overlord 2.1

View attachment AutoSave_AD-1394-May.CivBeyondSwordSave

Gah! now the mod broke as soon as I built Miltary Strategy and Tactics! Gah.

Please, help fix these bugs, or I'll never be able to play it. :(

The problem is the same, there is no way to select anything on the main screen. I urge you strongly to attempt to built Military Strategy and Tactics and then click on another city, the game will bug out completely and refuse to load anything but the city map, which will overlay over all other spots. Making the game broken to the power of broken.

I can't click on any units, I can't scroll a city, no options fix this. :(

DavidB1111,
ok so you say the m strategy and tactics causes a bug - ill test this now.

Imperator666 - are you playing with locked assets? cause i cant load it...

david, ive built m tactics, and nothing happens.

can you load up an save game?

what game settings did you guys used?

Oh, crud, I can't remember them all off the top of my head. Hey, I'll post the latest save, that will help you out. :)

Just end the turn, it should build the military thing, then try to click on a City. It should bug up after you leave.

Attachments

• Gamma AD-0700.CivBeyondSwordSave
    168.1 KB · Views: 37
YARGH! That makes no sense! How can you get it running perfectly and I can't!?!! It makes no sense!

Anyway, Windows XP, SP 3, 2 gigs of ram, 512 MB Video card, A Geforce 8600 GT, a weird sound card, and old monitor, and a useless mouse. :)

Anything else, because really, it makes no sense that I can't do this at all. :(

Top Bottom