Download and Current Changelog

Or just massively reduce the number of giants, and introduce other types of units which they can build. ;)

Relying wholely on spawns which are supposed to be rare is too much of a handicap IMO.

You mean like orc and goblin hordes?Maybe some humanoid thralls?:confused:
Their not that rare...I usually can rely on getting at least 5 or more in the first 20-30 turns.:mischief:

Emphasis on "supposed to be". Lorewise, they are a dying breed, and the spawns are meant to be rare things, worthy of celebration.

Well they could work out having their spawn rates cut if their strength was raised a bit. But I think I just got an idea for rank-and-file units, its influenced by a LOTR unit: Half-Giants.

Lore: No human could birth a giant, not even a much smaller "half-giant" which is why Bob the Peasant would play a very small role that night after his fateful evening at the local tavern. He was walking home when he decided he was lost, and at the last moment veered off to the 80ft-staeding which he had confused for his home. It was there he met Destiny and fathered the first half-giants. But that is a tale for another story when I am not half-asleep and on a caffeine crash...:cowboy:

Anyway, they serve as rank-and-file archers, swordsmen/women, and cavalry(maybe some efreet-like giants with fire-abilities). They would randomly inherit either troll or giant racials and be created by sacrificing thrall millitia or slaves on a staeding(creating interesting combos like half-lizardmen giants, half-orc, half-goblin, etc). Maybe a Jotnar priest would also be needed to explain how a giant could procreate with a goblin?:mischief:(some kind of magic ritual that makes it possible, but still ends up killing the other non-giant unit)

Is there anywhere that i can get an idiots guide to using SVN to update my Rife version. I am still using 1.31.195 but i'm really keen to get some new content (cant wait for 1.4!).

Ty

OK... well i'm quite proud to report i actually got the SVN thing working and i'm now using rev 264. That a BIG acheivement for me! :mischief:

Lots of red exclamation marks within the folders, but no crash in the game, so thats good.

Can anyone point me towards some new content that i can play around with, I've been playing Ljosalfar, and I haven't seen anything new so far.

Cheers.

OK... well i'm quite proud to report i actually got the SVN thing working and i'm now using rev 264. That a BIG acheivement for me! :mischief:

Lots of red exclamation marks within the folders, but no crash in the game, so thats good.

Can anyone point me towards some new content that i can play around with, I've been playing Ljosalfar, and I haven't seen anything new so far.

Cheers.

well .. the big changes are yet to come ... so far the main changes were made in DLL, new tags and mechanics were added, but the changes to XML are still being designed, so there isn't really _that_ much to see right now ... ... i think ... :D i lost track of what has been changed since 1.31.195 :D

I also updated to the newest SVN and couldn't help but notice when the Mekara are in a game everyone is blocked from researching mining and ancient chants(and thus all higher tiered magic and melee units).

I just did a clean reinstall too, so that can't be the problem.

That's an issue with the Mekara module; They've been absorbed into the game entirely, so delete the module if you use the newest SVN.

Now they don't show up ingame at all. I'm using the development branch if that makes a difference.

Top Bottom