Download and Current Changelog

The Faeries, on the other hand, will never be in. I just don't like them, too close to violating the princess rule IMO. :lol:

"Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvelous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.
The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look behind words that have changed their meaning.
No one ever said elves are nice. "

Think magic the gathering - Lorwyn/Shadowmoor Block. Oona, Queen of the Fae - The Thoughtweft - the fae are nightmarish and their beauty is part of their deception - an "evil fae" would be non-princess for the reason that there is nothing cutsie about a faerie sucking your soul and dreams, leaving you a catatonic wanderer fated to starve and dehydrate.

Think magic the gathering - Lorwyn/Shadowmoor Block. Oona, Queen of the Fae - The Thoughtweft - the fae are nightmarish and their beauty is part of their deception - an "evil fae" would be non-princess for the reason that there is nothing cutsie about a faerie sucking your soul and dreams, leaving you a catatonic wanderer fated to starve and dehydrate.

I definately agree on this point, and it is one thing I am definately considering for one of my own projects for Civ5 (which may or may not get off the ground, but still ;) ).

However, I still wouldn't include them, as we already have the Fae of the folklore in atm, in a changed form, but still there: The Elves; The Ljosalfar representing the Seelie fae, and the Svartalfar the Unseelie fae. It wouldn't really be appropriate to have more, in my opinion. It would only get messy.

sure, just like animals dont need the hamstalfar leader to be changed to represent an animals civ - just fun thoughts.

The only thing i would really change is adding in a refresh map button - i sometimes spend more time re-setting up games to get out of really lame starts that erebus maps can throw at you even with peak softening :)

I like how in Master of Mana most barbs stay in their home unless provoked or so it seems when i have 7 enemy lairs full, i am not instantly killed by the wraiths.

In RiFE, Acheron has become a major enemy of mine and i have a new obsession with capturing units like Bhall, Acheron, and any dragons or griffons.

I am still learning some of the features - like how do i survive if i want to use the deadly wild mana option or how to break those games where your early scouts are mirked and you are on turn 80 with 2 cities and no explored area.

I also like using earth or tectonics maps.

What Jheral said as far as the Faeries are concerned; Lorewise, the BEST interpretation is already more or less occupied by the Elves, and at worst is simply something I never want to see in the mod. :lol:

A regen map button is likely not going to happen. It was removed in the first place due to code that executes on the first turn (all over the place), and the solutions I've seen to this are workarounds that I don't like (such as moving such code to turn 5, rather than on game start).

well, it was surely often discussed, but i've recently got a repeatable ctd... that I circumvented.
while destroying the last city of os-gabella (sheaim), i crashed, at the same turn, i WB it out : crash. if I WB it out at the turn before, all is ok, 'os gabella leaves this world'...Etc;
but there is still an os-gabella with 35 score points on the leader panel.

otherwise , balance-wise (latest rife version released on the forums) getting champs and assassins and mages and angels in hut/dungeons is OP early game and totally uninteresting late game.

with doviellos i could explore all the map early, lost 2-3 scouts to bad lair results , and got 2 mages, 1 assassin, 1champ. the assassin got aerons.. before even orthus appeared; he single handely killed my second civ to get to orthus, then 2 other civs. the first civ was killed by mage + the early assassin (no extra promo).

this often happens

further, doviellos :
cannot get any blood promotions save spider and scorpion and the ones of the "national wonders"
the lions, elephant, gorilla... tigers, wyrm, wolves, lizards, griffon, hypogriffs ...etc i got with kindered spirit cannot be ported back to the capital nor can they give "blood" to recons... thus recons are generally less powerful than their counterparts of other civs. (as in most other civs, i give bear, wolf, tiger, elephant, spider (lizard and griphon if i can) on all my recons, hoarding the beasts until i have 3-4 of the lot and until building 4-5 recons..

(and only bear, gryphon, boar gorilla and ?wolf? get a special lair.... that costs a lot to build and can exist in only one city.)

I haven't switched to Civ 5 and based on the changes probably won't. I'm still playing Civ 4. So my question is will this mod continue to be updated? Last Hotfix 1.31.195 - will there be a 1.32?

Thanks...

There will not be a 1.32.

There will be a 1.4.

given the changes being made, haven't you considered changing the number 1.4 to 2.0 ?

( just asking ... and i might have already asked this one, but i forgot what the decision was ... :D )

Can't get this to work with steam. Tried every possible command line.

Edit:

I figured it out. I had Rise installed here: \steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Mods

The correct directory for mods is \steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Hi, I'm playing a random civ and I got this adventures. But I think that the 'sidequest' is a little bit overpowered:

=Sidequest=
Unit has to be at a fort for this to cast. Cast lasts 10 turns and the unit gains 2xp/turn, but wanders blindly around.

After I understood this, I send all my new units to the fort (having only 2 cities by then, because Erebus is a harsh world) and got very quickly some high-level units and pushed the war back to my neighbour, who was visiting me for some while with unit-stacks.

The only draw-back I realized was the loss of worker during the sidequests - they tend to walk too close to the border and get killed by animals and barbarians.

Greetings:

Makarius

PS: I love the difference between the civilizations in this mod

edith: patchlevel: 1.31.195

Sidequest is pretty much just a gimmick that isn't going to stick around, if I remember correctly. Partly for that very reason; it is too powerful.

" =Sidequest=
Unit has to be at a fort for this to cast. Cast lasts 10 turns and the unit gains 2xp/turn, but wanders blindly around. "

You are right it is too powerfull so the deff team takes it away.
But i dont know what they plan for it instead.
my suggestion would be to tweak the Adventurer counter.

Top Bottom