1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Download and Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ4 - MongooseMod' started by LunarMongoose, Jul 5, 2010.

1. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose Chieftain

That "Failed to initialize primary control theme" error is usually because it's not installed correctly, like with an extra folder level or something. But to be sure I'm downloading it myself; when it's finished I'll let you know if the file has any problems or not.

Strange though, I'm getting 105 kb/s for an estimated download time of 1.5 hours from FileFactory. Not sure why it's so much slower for you guys, heh.

2. kxta

kxta Chieftain

I installed to the same place as my other mods; C:\Users\[name]\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\MODS

In the MongooseMod folder are the usual Assets, Documentation, etc...

EDIT: Could there perhaps be an issue with Steam versions of Civ?

3. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose Chieftain

Finished the download; the zip looks correct.

I don't think that will work. Please try it in "C:\Whatever\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\", as it says at the top of the main Download post! ;)

C'mon guys, I put that stuff there for a reason, but you have to read it...

None that anyone has ever mentioned before.

4. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose Chieftain

Stupid laggy double-post...

5. kxta

kxta Chieftain

I put it where I put it cuz every other mod works fine in the user directory :p

6. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose Chieftain

That's probably because your other mods don't use custom UI themes. I don't think themes work from there, and that's what the load error you were getting has to do with.

Sorry, I didn't make the whole game, just the mod, so this isn't my fault! :p

Anyway, hopefully you can play now. Please post any awestruck praise or scathing criticism you have in the Version 4 thread, as I don't get much feedback, generally. :)

(Don't start a really big / long game though, as 4.0.2 shouldn't take too long to finish, and it will definitely break savegames. Though that's not my fault either! *points at Rakete*)

7. kta

kta Chieftain

Hello,

is there a alternate download link? I can't use the FileFactory link, when I do I am greeted with this message: This file is only available to Premium Members. It is larger than the free download limit of 500 MB. To access this file, you will to need to upgrade to FileFactory Premium. I do not have a premium account there and I do not plan to buy one.

Thank you.

KTA

8. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose Chieftain

Seriously? Wow... Strange though, I didn't have any problem downloading it as a test and I just have a free account... Blarg. Okay, if that's really the case I'll host it somewhere else...

9. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Didn't look back here for awhile, but your new 4.0 (and 4.01) version simply looks awesome!! :goodjob:

10. Indexator

Indexator Chieftain

Same for me.

11. Rakete4

Rakete4 Chieftain

12. stolenrays

stolenrays Chieftain

13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Tried the D/L link for 4.0.1 and after waiting for a bit get this msg:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/data/sdh1/freefile/public_html/showdownload1.php on line 22.

So far no luck in connecting with the site to get the mod. :(

JosEPh

EDit: Rapidshare link working just fine. D/L'ing as I post.

14. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose Chieftain

Yeah FreeFileHosting.net seems to be hosed at the moment... ARGH. This was already my backup site after people complained about FileFactory.com. (Which I just noticed now has a lower filesize limit of 400MB btw, so I couldn't go back to using them even if I wanted to, heh.)

I signed up for Rapidshare, but the problem THERE is that they have a 1GB daily bandwidth limit, so only one person would be able to download the mod per day.

I've deleted the file on FFH and am re-uploading it now; hopefully that'll work.

15. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose Chieftain

Nope, didn't help; FFH is still hosed.

Though apparently Mediafire has a new low-end paid plan for $18/year that I'd be willing to spring for, given the colossal commotion this nonsense is causing. It has a bandwidth limit of 50GB/month, so that's about 83 mod downloads per month. Might have to add several Rapidshare links as backups during the initial 4.1 flood, but it should work out. (Certainly beats paying $130/year for a premium Rapidshare or FileFactory account...)

16. Carwyn

Carwyn Chieftain

So, is the mod available somewhere that works? I'm curious about it!

17. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose Chieftain

Yeah, sorry about that, heh. Rakete's alternate download link from post #31 works, but I'll be going back to RELIABLE (read: PAID, sigh) hosting myself when 4.1 is released Soon™.

Thanks for your interest!

18. Carwyn

Carwyn Chieftain

No, sorry, Rakete's download link does NOT work, says "unavailable". :(

How are you doing on 4.1?

19. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose Chieftain

Oh. Well, it worked at one point! Lol.

Blarg, okay, gimme a minute and I'll put it on RapidShare myself...

I'll be posting another status update tomorrow night, give or take. I'm hoping it'll be out in one more week, which would put it 3 weeks behind schedule from my original estimate, heh.

20. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose Chieftain

Okay, the main download link points to MY free RapidShare account now (instead of Rakete's, hehe), and should be working.

As I understand it from their site, this will only have enough bandwidth for one download of the 4.0.1 zip every 24 hours, so if anyone STILL can't get it, I guess I can fork over $18 a week sooner than I was planning, though I was hoping to save all of that bandwidth (50GB = around 86 downloads per month) for the initial feeding frenzy on 4.1.