Download Latest Version

K..... Troop transports.

Don't have actual troop units as such. Consider them virtual all-arms units but their actual strength will depend upon small arms development.

Have colony ships as troop transports, coloured grey, which are weighted with a given strength, depending upon the small arms development of the attacker, against once or more "bunker networks" a la Birth of the Federation, which have a factor based upon the small arms development of the defender. No troop units as such but combat factored in by the strength of the quasi-colony ships against the number of bunker networks.

I am open to better suggestions - I am just trying to show I have thought about the matter!

Live long and prosper.

Done, I hope, Deanej?

Incidentally, I also posted that the listening posts are too large on the map in comparison to the Starbases. I personally think they should only be half as big.

Live long and prosper.

I've released 4.18 (link in first post)
-Borg AI can research technologies
-Borg have 1% chance to gain a tech when winning in combat (global define)
-Adjusted team research rate in The Galaxy
-Fixed CTD on flat maps (DoGravityField - check for null plot)
-Decreased size of sensor posts by half
-The Galaxy: Re-added custom diplo (forgot to include in 4.00)

The Borg stuff is adjustable in GlobalDefinesAlt. This was done both so I can adjust it easily for balance and so it can be modded without a new DLL. Additionally, the Borg AI has a 15% cost increase for techs (so they don't totally ignore their trait).

I'm sure by now many have noticed the CTDs with the Borg. I've released the 4.21 patch. It also fixes not one but two issues discovered in The Galaxy (though one is a universal bug):
-Fixed CTDs caused by the Borg changes
-Fixed issue where barbs could be forced to build construction ships (which they cannot build)
-Fixed issue with The Galaxy's diplo code

I've lost my brain for a second, but 4.21 doesn't require 4.18, right...?

It's been a long week, thanks for the update.

I downloaded this mod and clicked on the install. when it had fnished it came up with the message "invalid mod diredtory" checked in my program files/2k games/firaxis games/ civ IV complete/betond the sword/ mods folder and noticed that there was no star trek mod imstead it had created a Beyond the Sword file. I installed again this time changing the install file to prgram files/2k games/firaxis games/civ 4 complete/ beyond the sword/mods/star trek (it won't let me install it in just mods) and tried again. Now it opens the mod but it did not do anything except for the text in the top right corner. I downloaded again and tried again same result.

Please help, I really enjoyed version 2 of this mod and would like to play this.

Will it be the next patch, Deanej, which has the "troop transports"? :)

Anyway, live long and prosper and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Problem, i cant find the actual full version, all i find is the patch. Regardless of what link i use.

The full install link takes you to the page on the downloads database here. On that page, find the alternate download links (the main one links to a we play civ page that hasn't been fixed and won't be used anymore once I recompile the full install in a couple of weeks). You can use either to download it.

Has anyone noticed if the AI is building starbases now? I remember in either 1.x or 2.x I encountered a fair share of starbases, but not one outside of the many that I build in 4.x.

It ought to be constructing starbases in the same places it used to, more or less (the current location rating algorithm gives a bonus for being close to your own star systems and near wormholes that may not have been present in the old version so there may be some new locations that will get high ratings in addition to the same places as before).

You should also see them build some sensor stations. Maybe too many, really, depending on the actual map in use and whether or not the "floating threshold" system was adopted (I haven't checked). Some of them may be in, uh, shall we say "interesting" choices of location. Fortunately they are relatively cheap.

Every AI talk to now is still broke as a joke, but maybe they are spending their money on starbases. I'll use Worldbuilder to check on the other civs and report out...

Top Bottom