1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Download Latest Version

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by deanej, Aug 26, 2008.

1. jfby

jfby Chieftain

You have standard CIV 4, with Beyond the Sword installed? What patch level are you at?

2. deanej

deanej Chieftain

That's part of the problem... it doesn't install like every other mod. Due to the scenarios, instead of being one mod, it's ten, and I separated out the art and sound assets so it didn't get too big.

Hopefully this will work:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10163481&postcount=351

3. Achilles11

Achilles11 Chieftain

Thank you, the tip with the registry worked.

Btw one Question: Is it possible that the AI does not use wormholes? At elast i didnt see it until now.

4. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I don't remember how much AI they have, but not very much. Basically just an override so some ships would be forced in.

5. jose1357

jose1357 Chieftain

I've seen Borg Cubes go through there only 100 turns into a game, other Civs not so much...

6. Alexbond45

Alexbond45 Chieftain

I dont think this Mod would do very well on Civ V, Because Civ V Isnt as good as Civ IV, IMO, I dont like how Civ V doeesnt have stuff like movies, or multiple leaders, it has less countries, the best part was the lack of stacking, which is NEEDED to play this mod.

7. Healz

Healz General

Any chance of a new Version for Civ IV BTS? Just asking...

8. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I'm done working on Star Trek, but I'm currently working on Remnants of Altrea.

9. jfby

jfby Chieftain

Deanej, does 4.29 include the fix for being unable to build buildings...? I never experienced this before tonight and is very frustrating.

10. Donut9

Donut9 Chieftain

Sorry, I am new to PCs and mods. I am running XP, how do I install this mod?

11. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I presume so? I don't remember which bug you're talking about.

Should be able to just run the installer. If that doesn't work the FAQ has a section on fixing your registry.

12. jfby

jfby Chieftain

I never experienced the bug before last night, but one turn I was able to build buildings, then the next turn, without being in civil unrest, I was unable to build anymore buildings. If I remember how to turn asserts on I'll see if it throws any flags. I just remember there was an issue that was something to the effect of after you capture an enemy system, it would prevent you from producing city improvements in any of your systems.

13. deanej

deanej Chieftain

That one was quite a while ago... had to do with buildings on planets not being deleted even though they were deleted in the system. That code's been completely modified with Final Frontier Plus anyways.

For asserts, just drop the debug DLL (Mods/Star Trek/SDK Source) into the assets folder on top of the regular DLL.

14. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I've released 4.31 as a new full install. It fixes an issue with nuclear explosions and makes the installer deal better with non-standard registry entries.

15. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

When I started running the install for 4.29 it started to extract the contents directly into the root folder of BTS.

EDIT $,31 worked flawlessly - thanks

16. deanej

deanej Chieftain

That's normal; I just couldn't think of a war to explain Star Trek's install process without confusing some people so I just left the default wording in the script. The problem I had before was that people would try to out-smart the installer and then complain that things didn't work.

17. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

It did spot a fault in the defenders chances display "%MOD_ " or something like that. If I see it again I take a screen shot.

Quick question ... how do the Borg get techs ? - trading or invasion ?

18. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I honestly don't know if they can trade or not... the Borg to get a tech for every system they capture (applied per capture... this can be exploited by capturing a system, letting it be re-taken, and then capturing it again) and has a chance of occurring when winning combat. It shows up on the Borg leader trait help text, though it's really a part of the civ.

19. Tschuggi

Tschuggi SNAFU

Hi deanej,

at first: thanks a lot for this mod, man. Thanks a lot:scan::scan::scan: I finally managed to install it properly with your latest update-version!!! I tried this for years, but it never worked for me. Now all is fine and smooth. Regarding the Borg: I love to play one city challenge and have therefore not sooo much opportunities to wreck havoc and capture systems... could the %age when successfully fight enemy ships toned up a bit... or couldn't for the Borg work sth similar like the tech diffusion mechanic from Realism invictus?

Greez and thanks again,

Tschuggi

20. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Well, it doesn't really matter if you keep the city or not... you still get the tech. There's also a chance from fighting units.