Download Latest Version

You can't stack units, I understand, in Civ V, and you absolutely need that in Planetfall!

Well, that's easier said than done. Given all the differences, "converting" is actually rewriting from scratch. It's actually impossible as far as I can tell right now given civ5's modding limitations, such as bugs relating to asset deletion and the lack of DLL source.

Plus I don't actually have civ5. I disagree with the steam exclusivity and some design decisions such as 1upt.

And I'm also interested in doing something different right now. Though this semester hasn't allowed me to do much of anything with Remnants of Altrea just yet, I'm hoping this summer will allow for stuff to get done.

In between all your other concerns, Deanej, have you thought of my request for troop transports/bunker defence networks for Star Trek? You are the man to do it. :)

I haven't acquired Civ V but from the reviews I have read there are IMHO two HUUUUUGGGEE steps backwards which I cannot begin to understand how they were considered, let alone allowed. No unit stacking and the downgrading of the importance of religion and ideology. Why bother to mod for that? We shall all have to wait for Civ VI when hopefully these backward steps will be phased out.

Live long and prosper.

I can't get CIV V since I'd basically need to buy a brand new computer, due to the new system and graphics reqs :(

1 upt would really hurt a Star Trek scenario. Part of the mystique is having to face down a fleet of angry Romulan Warbirds when all you have is 2 Light III ships defending your system :sad:

Really though, I don't have Civ V and don't plan on it, plus I look forward to your new work.

he just need to convert the mod to civ 5

the current state of civ v is a huge step back from civ IV. apart from the hexagonal map there are no real upgrades. However, a load of functions from civ iv are gone.

The city defence is nifty, but then again that is something that mods like HiTM also have in their civ iv version.

Also I can't get over the fact that i need 2 uranium mines to make a nuke :rolleyes:

civ iv is also definitely more moddable, so i'd love to see more things happen to this version of your mod instead :)

AlokiKei

Glad to see your inputs in here. Deanej is really done with this mod except for any major and/or game ending bugs/crashes that arise. At this point it's really up to us to make changes and realese any mod-mods based on what we want. :)

The last issue I ran into with 4.xx was some conditions present, some of the random events would crash the game, but I'm pretty sure the latest patch cures that... beyond that I've had no game breaking issues. Very quick and polished in my opinion.

When i try to install the game i always get this Error Message:
"You must Enter a Full path with driver letter; for Example:
C:\APP
or a UNC path in form
\\server\share"

The problem is, during setup, i never get a choice to choose my installation path, it does not ask.

I've reached turn number 581 and even with my quad processor on a Dell Studio XCPS the game is starting to take so long to go through a turn - at least half an hour or so - that it is starting to curl up into a pane which I can't then revive. I admit I am using a big galaxy, though. Could the mod be tweaked to be more efficient later into game?

Live long and prosper.

When i try to install the game i always get this Error Message:
"You must Enter a Full path with driver letter; for Example:
C:\APP
or a UNC path in form
\\server\share"

The problem is, during setup, i never get a choice to choose my installation path, it does not ask.

You must be using a non-standard version of civ4. It auto-detects from the registry, and in this case, it wasn't found. You can probably extract the contents using a program like 7zip. If so, place the Assets and Mods folders in the directory where you installed Beyond the Sword. If not post back here - I'll try to dig up a registry modification I posted a while back.

Sorry for making this so difficult for you - I had to many people try to out-smart the installer and install a bad directory.

You must be using a non-standard version of civ4. It auto-detects from the registry, and in this case, it wasn't found. You can probably extract the contents using a program like 7zip. If so, place the Assets and Mods folders in the directory where you installed Beyond the Sword. If not post back here - I'll try to dig up a registry modification I posted a while back.

Sorry for making this so difficult for you - I had to many people try to out-smart the installer and install a bad directory.

Thanks for your help. Your suggestion tough did not worked. I have the Standard Version of CIV 4, the problem was that i once had to reeinstall Windows, and so the registry for CIV was gone, but the game runs without a problem.

I know in which directory Mods have to be installed, at least if this mod install like every other mod.

Top Bottom