Dr kossin #1

Because why waste money having to pay unit upkeep when the city can stay happy itself? If you look at the cities that are unhappy, they are all low-population cities that probably just grew past their happy-cap, and now need a garrison troop to put it back at +3 happy. Every little bit of commerce helps.

Because why waste money having to pay unit upkeep when the city can stay happy itself? If you look at the cities that are unhappy, they are all low-population cities that probably just grew past their happy-cap, and now need a garrison troop to put it back at +3 happy. Every little bit of commerce helps.
is seems both a bit too much micromanagement and a bit risky
when you have no troop to upgrade in a city, you're damn vulnerable, and having to check for unhappiness every turn is a bit :sleep:.
Since there is war in next few turns (or right now, if you ask me), unhappiness from WW will rise fast, and it's a bit useless to try to gain 1 or 2 commerce points. More so when the army is standing useless all this time.

Round 7

I sent the overflow towards Scientific Method since I had the UN in mind, since capitulating everyone on this continent would give me enough population for a Diplomatic Win. I also take this trade next turn:

After my next Great Scientist, which made an Academy in the Capital :lol: I switched civics to war-mode.

This is the largest force Brennus fielded, having scouted all his cities.

My own modest stack was finally ready. I went to his Capital while taking the cities in the way.

Attack odds were great...

I razed the desert city since I didn't need it and was not in State Property.

This is the counter force Brennus sent at me. Actually, they never even entered my territory, scared of my secondary stack I suppose.

Tolosa falls...

Finally meet someone new!

Gandhi is actually not doing too bad for himself... because of his other neighbor:

After taking his capital and 2 satellite cities, Brennus is ready to concede capitulation.

I then merged my stacks and set my eyes upon Saladin.

I take a city on the second turn of war.

After another marginal city, Mecca falls, yielding:

Saladin is immediately ready to kiss the ring.

I send everything towards Hannibal and after taking just one city, he's gone too.

All cities at this point are assigned to build wealth and I select Mass Media to research. I get lucky and pop a GE the turn I start the United Nations!

He instantly completes it too.

End screenies follow.

This game was really fun for the first 100 turns or so but after Justinian was gone, the Pyramids and the Great Lighthouse were built, it was just a rout. But then again, most games are decided by 1AD except, I guess, on Deity and of course ninja wins by the AI.
I will start Dr Kossin #2 soon, if not tonight, tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who contributed!

Excellent win! Amazing stack of cannons there while pursuing the UN victory.

Well played :goodjob:, it was not a hard map i think but i remember from the years of the immortal IU that most players including myself there wouldn't reach the science rate and expansion you've got here normally. Now try obs Liz deity challenge.

nice win, I didn't do as well (1680 AD diplo win, with gandhi building the UN in my shadow).
I was on my way for a conquest win, having taken mansa's capital already (he was ready to capitulate), but indeed diplo was faster.

a little nitpicking : using the scientist for bulbing scimet would certainly have been faster.
How did you get astro (prereq for physics which you need for electricity), since you didn't even have compass? through trades?

@Cabert
Yea, I traded with my vassal Brennus after setting his research path. It seems this whole game my GPs were badly timed and I could never properly bulb, which would have netted me a much faster win.

Settle in place first then use the extra vision as a means to get a jump on which direction the warrior should go.

Double corn, one irrigated, is very strong. It looks like you're headed straight to BW with this start unless you have a livestock resource. After that maybe AH/Writing but we'll have to see the surroundings (will probably shadow).

Agreed, you have a lot of trees which you should turn into a lot of settlers.

EDIT: I just saw this game was already over! Talk about showing up late to the show.

Top Bottom