Dragonia Mod

I know this may sound silly but what folder does this mod go in? I had a friend download it to a disk for me since I have dial-up. It was a zip file initially and I extracted it to a dragoniab3 file. But now I'm not sure where it should go.

Edit: I figured this problem out. My new problem is when loading the game. It now says Error Reading File missing entry in "text\pediaIcons.txt" ICON_BLDG_Shrine.

Edit: No problem now. I Deleted then reloaded game. It looks great.

Sorry to not replay to posts at a timely basis. I have been working on the Civ4 version of Dragonia as well as on the SSS project. I'll get back to this project at some point to fix the reported errors. Thank you to everyone for playing the mod and reporting the errors that you have found. :goodjob:

Wait, does this mean you abandoned the civ 3 version and you will only fix the errors on this beta in due time?.
Yes, I have decided that the latest version of Dragonia will be the last large release, as I currently have more interest in Dragonia for CIV as well as working on SSS with Steph.
Also, could you upload it to a European server maybe? It will need nearly an entire day for me to dload it from the US servers.
If you let me know what server to upload it to, I'll work on adding that location as the 3rd download source for it.

This looked fun..til I encountered the hideous load times. Around 50 turns in the game, it was taking 1+ minuits to load between turns, and I have 2 gigs RAM! D:

LOL, viva la instant-gratification generation. ;)

I've had waaay longer wait times than that on some scenarios before. In these cases I just put the radio or TV on, read a book, lift weights, play a console game, etc. 1 minute is nothing - try waiting 3 or 4! A cinch if you have something else to do. Patience, youngling; you must learn.

This looked fun..til I encountered the hideous load times. Around 50 turns in the game, it was taking 1+ minuits to load between turns, and I have 2 gigs RAM! D:

You must listen to that oldy up there ;) but,, there might be some exptions :)

I only play extra huge maps and mods so Ive been bitten by the big waits bug before and often tried many solutions to fix it.

I have some good tips to share. The biggest is the bottle neck. No matter how much ram you have after a certain point in makes no differance. 1 G would do you the same as two but after that a faster processor will on enhance performance because it grinds up the stoppage( wars, trades, any action that takes time to processor and makes it flow through the bottle neck faster.

Heres a good rundown
for other to increase their virtal memory if they don't have latest computer.

Also remember some things make turns longer then others regardless...

They include big pillage pary!! (many pillages done on the same turn by AI)
and Many City turn overs on the same turn. PLus, giant wars with huge, over the normal amount of huge for civ3, amount of battles.

Im bettin you do have at least a 3.0 processor but this may help others who have less and want to understand why their 200 doller invested to make super ram isn't pauin of in the turn dept for this game

I recently plugged in 3.2 Athelon that came with only 500mb and 256 mb Vcard. I was playin maps this size
Spoiler :
Vastly improved under a minute at its peak, this was abig improment from my other 2.0processor 1G system. I bought more memory to try it up the speed again but sadly I noted no improvement with the same save game

SOrry for help spam On topic: I want express my sadness for this mod ceaseing production It was a vallient effort especially the detailing of the pedia, for a fantasy game it was a great read though not yet completed, it still was more informative to a guy who knew nothing but LOTR stuff before playin it

Well, the link you posted is broken, and I have a Intel Core 2 Duo processor. =/

Well, the link you posted is broken, and I have a Intel Core 2 Duo processor. =/

THanks I fixed it. I wasn't suggesting those tips would do you any good but mostly peeps with lower specs in regards to improvin turns on this mod

Ya Im not sure what your dual core advantages are with Civ3. I didn't knows Civ3 was programmed to benifit from dual core processing, besides being able to run a dvd while play or something. Then again. Im not a pro and the latest models equipt with that tech have so many other advantages over older models that I guess your maxed for best turn speeds anyway.

I ve seen single core that play Civ3 faster but it was an early dual core and the latest in single core :) -and it might have been the mod, one was Anno Domini and the Dual was running Balancer Reloaded. Mybe Anno was designed to utilize better but I had the same map size and number of civs on both

I shouldn't be spamming this mod though sorry, hope those tips help someone

SOrry for help spam On topic: I want express my sadness for this mod ceaseing production It was a vallient effort especially the detailing of the pedia, for a fantasy game it was a great read though not yet completed, it still was more informative to a guy who knew nothing but LOTR stuff before playin it

I am glad you have enjoyed the mod. If anyone wants to continue work on this mod, I would give my support, direction and input for that person, esp for the pedia.

I cant seem to find any caves in the game and so I am unable to use the dragons. Everything else has worked fine but I have never found any caves.

I cant seem to find any caves in the game and so I am unable to use the dragons. Everything else has worked fine but I have never found any caves.

I have now double checked this issue and here is the rundown:
Caves should only be visible to some civs (If they have mineral Lore). I set Dragons to require caves. So if you are playing an agricultural based civ and not a mineral based civ caves are not visible. I will fix this in the next version so that dragons will require exotic animals instead of caves.

Progress is continuing in writing the online Dragonia Civipedia at the Diabolic Studios web site (http://diabolicstudios.net) New entries are added every few days, so visit often and feel free to make comments and suggestions. When enough new etries are added, a patch will be released for the Dragonia mod to include all the new entries into the ingame civipedia, as well as some small bug fixes and balance changes. I expect this to be released in another month or two.

Progress is continuing in writing the online Dragonia Civipedia at the Diabolic Studios web site (http://diabolicstudios.net) New entries are added every few days, so visit often and feel free to make comments and suggestions. When enough new etries are added, a patch will be released for the Dragonia mod to include all the new entries into the ingame civipedia, as well as some small bug fixes and balance changes. I expect this to be released in another month or two.

You are a very good person. :)
Heros of might and Magic, Warhammer or any fanatsy mod n the histry of mankind that uses many many units have all failed where you have succceed.
The amount of units that need story support,(like not everyone knows the dif between black dragons and their green cousins! :coffee:) is to much for designers to even think about giving all rich detailing support

-Not to mention the rich worlds that surrond units that include, cool wonders, buildings, govs, civs, resources and techs, all less emmersive to the player whos new to this world and has to stare at blank pages when he wants to come to grips/understand all the new sh#t around him.

Theres no doubt when the stuff you build has fleshed out discriptions, theres more to look forward to when discover or build something for the first time.
It Even makes looking around at your opponent's land more flavourful and interesting.

Nobody can imagine a pedia thats done to origianal Firaxis standards in amount of supporting text ("discription" button) but also in which uses twice the number of entires in every pedia dept(units, wonders, buildings etc).
With Fanatsy mods there isn't as many defult entries that can be copied over from the original game to the artist mod like say, other plantium pedias such as Rise n Rule, Balancer Reloaded or MEM had the option of doing.

Not only will this be an awesome spin on the old Xpience but also it will be an amazing read. Screw Potter!, I want to plot out a crazy epics 'civ style' while I dig deep into cool worlds like youve created with this mod and pedia support that backs up my adventures with supporting details the whole way though!

Again, thanks for supporting the hobby man :goodjob: Now Being the only truly complete non-historical mod, this work has rekindled my interest and is in great shape to be sittin in the rare CIv3 archives of 'Store bough quality' productions to be enjoyed many years by civ3 players round the world that appreciate 1st class detailing

Remember as time passes mods like yours improve like fine wine. As the average processor gets faster n faster, turn times on those mammoth huge maps and 'mega amount of civ's' epics that are so great to play, gets faster aswell. So, Improving your product now does make a lot of sence.

Besides.. when Players are moving from fancy hollowed out sequals back to the real thing in strat gaming, they can fully appreciate a far superior pedia format that civ3 's provides when the mod's designer has really taken advantage it like you and a few others have.

A big thanks to you and all pedia supporters arond the globe :king:

(Xcuse me for going on so :) Can't wait for this man, goodluck!)

Downloaded last night, this mod is simply amazing, fun as hell. Here's hoping for at least one more update for Civ 3.

Top Bottom