Dream Thread

I once had a dream in which I was riding a horse through a medieval village.And suddenly my horse killed a man.I examine the body .It turns out that my horse killed Adolf Hitler.After that, there was a holiday in the village, I was awarded an order, and the horse was made mayor of the village and given a ticket to Las Vegas.It's crazy, but these are my dreams.

So perhaps staying up late last night skimming books about how animals raised for consumption are treated wasn't such a good idea...

I was signed up to take a massive 3-day test, 3 hours in the a.m.; 3 hours in the p.m. The first day, I overslept and showed up an hour late. Looking at the seating chart, I notice that my older brother is sitting three rows behind me and a little to one side. He makes a well-deserved snide comment when I disturb everyone with my late entrance. :blush:

I was not worried. I am really, really good at taking tests. :p I can usually complete a 3-hour test in 2 hours, so giving everyone else an hour head start ain't nottin'. :smug:

Last night, I was back in my life as an attorney in Los Angeles, but this time, I was 6-8 inches taller, ~150 pounds heavier (mostly muscle & beer belly), with a white ponytail and a bushy-bushy beard. I tooled around L.A.. on a Harley-Davidson wearing the traditional black leather jacket and pants. My sausage-like fingers were bejeweled with enough rings to function as brass knuckles.

I was working as a consultant to one of my old firms, which was involved in complex civil litigation for plaintiffs. The question I was focusing on was whether we could require the defendants to pay our attorney fees if we prevailed in the case. We attorneys were arguing the question between ourselves before taking it before the judge. At one point, I opened my mouth to advance a point no one else had yet thought of. My lead attorney shot me a scathing look, and I immediately knew why. As an associate, my job was to keep my mouth shut. Two, upon further reflection, I could see how my argument could be flipped on its head and used against us. I was so embarrassed, I woke up. :eek:

I was late to the theater and the usher was taking me up these unusually high steps to my seat. As we were going up, he asked me if I wanted to turn off the moon. I was puzzled and asked what he meant; he said the moon was a lamp above my seat, but turning it off would irritate some of the women nearby in the audience. I did and they gave me the stink-eye.

When I finally got to my seat, I joked that I was further away than Lee Harvey Oswald was in the Texas Schoolbook Depository, so it must have been a play about the life of John F. Kennedy.

I never actually got to see any of the performance.

I had a vast dream, but sadly don't recall much of it. It included a maze with neanderthal giants and a deceiving doll-like animal which turned to a monster if you watched it closely. At some earlier point there was a private funhouse that included a hill for wargames including machines.
The maze seems to have been filling up the space between two train stations, so it meant that if you don't board the train, you are at risk and this is uncharted territory where people tend to die :)
I suppose that the notional area between established connections is always risky. "Everything new/horrible comes out of Libya", as the ancient greek saying went.

why , Hafter is a man of BS and his crusades against New Turkey are as real as any game you would fire up today on your computer . While the train line under or above the ground you would like to take but can't is the pipeline your country won't have . What we dream is always shaped by our anxieties !

my , a good thing am not a real life shrink , ı might have starved faster .

you are forgetting the fact that ı am tolerable only because ı don't take the garbage everywhere .

you are forgetting the fact that ı am tolerable only because ı don't take the garbage everywhere .
Reminder for this context: A dream is a succession of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations that usually occur involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep.

Your opinions regarding the geopolitical standing of Turkey in the modern era is not a dream and is thus off-topic content for this thread.

once again , limiting exposure helps a lot . And yes , am pretty sure ı had it it somewhere close to this thread , me dreaming , at least on off topic within the last month or before that , me vividly dreaming to fly a piston engined Corsair , the last battle of which took place about 2 or 3 years before ı was even born . Am pretty sure you wouldn't like any geostrategic discussions of F-4U and the things it did and how the WW ll Russians disparaged every R-2800 powered American fighter of the times except the one in question , even if the company involved had lgor Sikorsky on board , a capitalist enemy of the times UNLESS you could paint it as a r16 dream . Many hundreds of people ignore me , trust me , it is so soothing on the nerves .

truly ı have kept my sanity with endless rants here ; ı will not be offensive or anything to keeping myself sane , even if ı have really cut down on "ı am an idiot" sentences , now that ı post everyday on the tablet instead of 3 times a week in the webcafe , takes too much space and effort .

as for topic , no comment before ı figure out the correct response about electronic sheep ...

actually ı am probably sleeping quite well , the single nightmare ı think ı remember was probably 30 to 32 years ago . Am of the opinion that ı am quite aggressive , probably force push and force choke and lightsaber any monsters ı come across . Of course , there have been restless nights , they are more about going to sleep and if ı eject myself out of nasty situation in dreamland , ı certainly do not remember the situation . For the dreams , ı can interpret them quite well , ı think . ı see my late father a lot , certainly because he loved work and he did work , while ı am kinda terribly lazy and something in the depths of my mind rightly shames me . These dreams will be variants of the repair/construction work ı would be regularly involved in the summers , to carry bricks or cement bags and stuff . We had this human machine of a guy . At 70 he would do double the work of a 20 or 30 years old r16 , this is another bit of a shame ı would say . The old guy doesn't appear much these days . This ı attribute to that thing that ı am now like 50 and utterly afraid of hurting myself properly like if ı ever tried to handle a 50 kilo bag of cement again ; because ı can't anyhow probably means ı am no longer comparing myself negatively to the 70 years old guy . Stuff like this , and my post about being a shrink of course does more sense in this sense because ı can identify stuff in things ı dream .

apologies for consecutive posting . Because my brain , seeing ı was like cool with being ashamed 90% about being lazy , instead of the previous 110% , sent me back to university ... something ı failed twice . 1,5 years in industrial engineering , ı don't know 5 or 6 or 7 in English language teaching . Accordingly , ı found myself walking in empty corridors , as ı would do back then , because physical exercise of going to school , walking the corridors during the breaks and coming home was like the only good thing happened in my education . Yeah , ı also found myself advising some young student that he should treat his comic books stash more carefully , this being a long running thing in which you read "pointless" stuff instead of textbooks ...

I was riding in the car with my mother passing a strip mall full of restaurants that all looked exactly alike except for the names. Each one was full of patrons and served a different kind of cuisine. I commented that I didn’t want to eat Middle Eastern food.

That’s all that happened.

the full works . r16 in working attire , carrying water to a row of trees as two neighbours (in a street ı don't live) jealous of each other are competing about planting more . End up in a construction site with a smart guy trying to infiltrate with him demonstrating his superior mind , hence there is no hope for us to ever win . Becomes exasperated with my non-committal , we end up in a cafetaria where he has his servants . End up trying to coach some kid , with some woman like immediately showing up . She says she is from some modelling agency and she doesn't look the part unless it is some other sort of modelling ; he is naturally distracted . ı get to say am the Skywalker , 'cause how pathetic you can ever be ? End up in a library or club where ı must get some book from some glassed cupboard and on my way there sits some guy with mutual loathing and he is typically smug because he is yet to taste Force Lightning . End of dream .

actually there is a real life reason . My town has really temperate weather . The only winter preparation involves the solar heater thing on the roof , perfectly warm water available like 10 months a year , actually far too hot in summers . ı like will cover the exposed pipes for the notional one or two freezingly cold winter nights . Minus 6 was coldest ı remember , it was plus 20 some of the days in December , so was like caught off guard . Catched cold last week , mostly in bed without fever but this general lack of any desire to move ; ı had a quick job of putting water bottles cut up over two unrelated pipes to prevent them collecting rainwater to rust from inside , added an extra catfood bag made of plastic over some water tap stuff which already had 3 or 4 from last year . Happily survived a night of -9 , too . Then last night of -8 caused a burst pipe , which ı would possibly have covered , had ı known . Dreamcaster , you are on report . lnstead of making me remember a dream where ı moved without the theatrics to make me not groan or something during the day , you should have warned me of some great flood after some ice age or something , so that ı would be tempted to take action ! ı don't know what are they teaching those people in dream academy ...

Normally I don't remember much of my dreams, but today...

For some reason related to the pandemic, I had to go to elementary school again with some other adults. I had a syringe of vaccine with me which I had to take, so I excused myself and went looking for a quiet spot. It turned out that the school was a giant complex with a pub, theatre where I accidentally ended up on the stage and had to be taken away through the backstage, and a mall. In the end, I found an exit to the small copse that looked like the one I passed on my way to my previous work, and when I gathered the will to inject myself, the dream ended.

Normally I don't remember much of my dreams, but today...

For some reason related to the pandemic, I had to go to elementary school again with some other adults. I had a syringe of vaccine with me which I had to take, so I excused myself and went looking for a quiet spot. It turned out that the school was a giant complex with a pub, theatre where I accidentally ended up on the stage and had to be taken away through the backstage, and a mall. In the end, I found an exit to the small copse that looked like the one I passed on my way to my previous work, and when I gathered the will to inject myself, the dream ended.

Maybe in the end all that separated all those people from elementary school was the absence of a pandemic?

Top Bottom