Dream Thread

Zkribbler

Deity
Here we discuss our sleeping dreams. :sleep:

Dream 1: I was a guest on a TV chat show. One of the other guests went into a meltdown over the Erie Canal. "Who is responsible for building that monstrosity?!" he bellowed. :mad: "It was Teddy Roosevelt, Governor of New York." I informed him. Then I awoke...to be overwhelmed with feeling of shame and remorse. The Governor responsible was not Teddy Roosevelt, but Dewitt Clinton. :cringe: There was no way I could go back into my dream and fix my error. :blush:

Dream 2: I was very poor. I spent the last of my money to purchase a bus ride through the hills to the next town to pick up my government check. :) Then I had to walk back through the hills to return to my home town to cash my check. In a lonely stretch, I came across a cocky gang of thugs. I saw that their leader carried a knife with a 6-inch blade. He begins to spout a pseudo-biblical diatribe like Jules in Pulp Fiction. :gripe:I instinctively know that, like Jules, he will end by murdering me. Rather than react with fear, I begin to cheer him on with great enthusiasm. :clap:He is so flattered, he pats me on the back and spends me on my way. :whew:

I have a recurring dream where I've purchased a new house and when I start to move in, I discover more rooms in it than I knew it had when I bought it.

One time I had a really amped-up version of the dream, where the extra rooms included this huge outdoor space (inside the house) with a huge jumbotron and also a full city block (inside the house) with a florist (and other shops, but I only remember the florist).

I ended up having to re-enlist in the Army to pay off my debts from a failed marriage, and after I finally got out I'd have nightmares over the years where I either had to re-join or was already back in and hating life again. I can't begin to describe how depressed I was in those dreams, nor how relieved/thrilled I was when I'd wake up with that chapter of my life firmly behind me. Those were the only dreams that ever qualified as nightmares for me, as I never have the creepy/scary types of nightmares.

Then there was February 21st 1992: I had a dream that night that the Soviet ice hockey team would beat the Americans 5-2. Wanna guess what the score of that game ended up being?

D

I actually had a probably interesting dream last night, but I woke up abruptly - though I was in the process of examining it when I woke up - so lost almost all of it.

I have a recurring dream where I've purchased a new house and when I start to move in, I discover more rooms in it than I knew it had when I bought it.

One time I had a really amped-up version of the dream, where the extra rooms included this huge outdoor space (inside the house) with a huge jumbotron and also a full city block (inside the house) with a florist (and other shops, but I only remember the florist).

Doesn't matter that you didn't know - those who agreed you could buy it did ^_^

I love it. It seems like this utter bonus. The rooms are cool and I can think immediately how to put them to use. It's a great dream.

two or so days ago , real life TV , Brad Pitt lives in London during the Baby Blitz of 1944 and has to be in Europe for something . Because our dreams are like very much related to real life and ı really hate the boredom while waiting to eradicate the US off the face of earth , the scenario involves a French Resistance attack on a school taken over by the Wehrmacht . ı imagine this as ı recognize the floorplan and corridor an exact match for Anatolian High because university ceilings were much higher . Kids form the majority of the attack , reported 14 year olds in their shortpants . Anyhow , the attack fails and some woman comes down from the higher floor to taunt them . Fur coat -->rich-->collaborator , though like 10 000 years ago everybody wore fur , right ? Then , two Japanese soldiers appear . ı feel sorry for the kids , massacre seems in the air . What ? Massacre is certain , with the Germans the kids would have a slight chance ! Then of course , the closest Japanese charges me ! Oh , ı thought ı was just observing . Some debate of half a seconds ensues and the Dreamcaster denies me a Katana . Sigh ... Now , ı understand ı am a when in doubt , attack person . Dreamfighting seems an art-form only because we luckily can not remember all of them . ('Cause you would think the stuff would work in real life and get hurt very much) And the Dreamcaster changes both of them into cardboard figures - before ı commit human rights abuses against WW ll Japanese troopers . There is a joke somewhere there but ı haven't yet found it .

Since it is about dreams : My friend recently said "omg I've had a color dream ! I usually dream in black and white" I was shocked ! I normally dream in color ! I though humans don't dream in black and white, only other mammals do ... My question is : Do You guys have colored dreams or black and white like my friend ?

two or so days ago , real life TV , Brad Pitt lives in London during the Baby Blitz of 1944 and has to be in Europe for something . Because our dreams are like very much related to real life and ı really hate the boredom while waiting to eradicate the US off the face of earth , the scenario involves a French Resistance attack on a school taken over by the Wehrmacht . ı imagine this as ı recognize the floorplan and corridor an exact match for Anatolian High because university ceilings were much higher . Kids form the majority of the attack , reported 14 year olds in their shortpants . Anyhow , the attack fails and some woman comes down from the higher floor to taunt them . Fur coat -->rich-->collaborator , though like 10 000 years ago everybody wore fur , right ? Then , two Japanese soldiers appear . ı feel sorry for the kids , massacre seems in the air . What ? Massacre is certain , with the Germans the kids would have a slight chance ! Then of course , the closest Japanese charges me ! Oh , ı thought ı was just observing . Some debate of half a seconds ensues and the Dreamcaster denies me a Katana . Sigh ... Now , ı understand ı am a when in doubt , attack person . Dreamfighting seems an art-form only because we luckily can not remember all of them . ('Cause you would think the stuff would work in real life and get hurt very much) And the Dreamcaster changes both of them into cardboard figures - before ı commit human rights abuses against WW ll Japanese troopers . There is a joke somewhere there but ı haven't yet found it .

wow .... some dream man !!
I uh sometimes dream of a nuclear explosion ... I am on the bus and suddenly I look out the window and there it is .... the mushroom cloud ...... I usually wake up immediately: cold sweat ......

I had an interesting dream last night. In the end I noticed that I had black paint over my face - at which point I realized it could only be a dream, and woke up.
Curiously, @Hrothbern was supposedly (on a superficial level) one of the characters in the dream. Maybe he symbolized some attitude. I haven't seen his face anyway, and the dream wasn't about forum stuff. He probably was there also due to being unknown face-wise (juxtaposed to the black paint).

The past few weeks, my dreams have just been delivering packages to people, which makes sense considering peak amazon season.
But last night night, I was involved in some sort of viking commando raid on england. We split into three teams, approached the shore by longboat, under arrow fire, and charged toward the defenders. I was involved a knife fight with one of said archers when I woke up.

I had an interesting dream last night. In the end I noticed that I had black paint over my face - at which point I realized it could only be a dream, and woke up.
Curiously, @Hrothbern was supposedly (on a superficial level) one of the characters in the dream. Maybe he symbolized some attitude. I haven't seen his face anyway, and the dream wasn't about forum stuff. He probably was there also due to being unknown face-wise (juxtaposed to the black paint).

:)
I did look yesterday evening at the movie Deja Vu with Denzel Washington. Nice movie.
And when you can fold up time-space... where is the limit of where we are ?

:)
I did look yesterday evening at the movie Deja Vu with Denzel Washington. Nice movie.
And when you can fold up time-space... where is the limit of where we are ?

Well, if the character in the dream actually was you, you are quite tall but should lose some weight :D

Hm, maybe there was some very indirect tie to Piet - although the paint on my face wasn't supposed to make me physically look black. It was likely ash, I suppose (but the room with the mirror was also dark).

Well, if the character in the dream actually was you, you are quite tall but should lose some weight :D

yeah
Though when I look up Denzel on the internet he is only 200 pounds, 90 kilo (at 6'1", 1.85). In that movie he looked indeed heavier.

hmppf ... After America succeeds once again going low , proving shallow and yellow as in a brainless coward which when compared to mighty is far below , fails to start an Armageddon in this year of 2020 which coincidentally happened in the time frame of year 1441 of the lslamic calendar , even when they had the monoliths and Galactic Federation of Aliens as allies , some jerk was on TV last night , declaring New Turkey has a time machine , so eat your heart out CFC people ...

because ı have standarts to maintain and it would be a chore the write down the entire url stuff by hand , ı be no providing the youtube video proof where this sucker of wallets say that . You know , evil West jealous of mighty great New Turkey ... Actually quite a rant on how nobody shares oil wealth , but they should . ı imagine they would give your people in Athens some if yours were to give them some oil . No , not olive oil .

not mine , not real and everyone in the words' real target audience "knows" it is actually the genies commanded by the same mighty people .

I had a weird one last night.

I was in St Petersburg Russia, confused and lost and very few spoke English. Found a supermarket though and managed to by lots of really cheap beer (cheaper than it actually is).

Baltika 8 was amazing pilsner even though I know it's not.

Then spent the rest of the day wandering around lost and confused looking for the train to Moscow.

Top Bottom