DS Games

Hi! :wavey:

So I'm off on an 8 hour journey to London on a train, and that will require an 8 hour journey back. I have books to keep me occupied, and I have my trusty DS. Sadly the latter is without a vital component - new games!

So does anyone from CFC have any recommendations on what games I should play for such a journey? For the DS I'm a big fan of the adventure/puzzle games on DS- I utterly adored Hotel Dusk and its sequel (which I bought for the journey then completed before it began...ho hum). I rather like the Ace Attorney games and anything strategy or RPG related, so any recommendations would be lovely.

And even if you can't recommend anything that specific, just some good DS games you know that would be great to look out for - my one has been a bit inactive this past year.

Dragon Quest IX
POKEMONS
Professor Layton games
any of the various Mario games

Being in this forum I suppose you like Civ-like games. So you must play "Age of Wonder:Age of Kings" for the DS. Is a TBS game with tech researching, city building, resource gathering, and a decent combat system. The only con is that once you have mastered the game, AI is not a challenge. But fortunatelly the campaign will keep you busy even with that problem.

Really, you must try it!

I only turn on my DS to play Civ Rev, it's great for travel.

Kirby Super Star Ultra (Or Squeak Squad/Canvas Curse, but Ultra is miles better) and Metriod Prime: Hunters are the only non-Mario/non-Pokémon game you need on the DS, ever.

EDIT: Almost forgot Days of Ruin. Another great game.

ANY Mario games will do you good for any drive/flight/whatever transportation your taking, and for any givin amount of time.

The Professor Layton series.

Kirby Super Star Ultra (Or Squeak Squad/Canvas Curse, but Ultra is miles better) and Metriod Prime: Hunters are the only non-Mario/non-Pokémon game you need on the DS, ever.

EDIT: Almost forgot Days of Ruin. Another great game.

Yes. Days of Ruin was a really good game. Try SimCity Creator if you like those games. SimCity will keep my attention for a long time.

BTW, I can't stand any Mario, Pokemon, Nintendo made DS game at all.

That was a good website Lightfang - I'll use it again.

I own the Professor Layton games (I adore them, and can't wait for the next one this month) and a few other games mentioned so far, so I'm clearly in good hands. I'll be keeping several of the suggestions in mind - me poor DS has been out of action for several months now.

Thanks all - lots of new games to examine :D

Yes. Days of Ruin was a really good game. Try SimCity Creator if you like those games. SimCity will keep my attention for a long time.

BTW, I can't stand any Mario, Pokemon, Nintendo made DS game at all.

Um, Days of Ruin was made by Nintendo. You just contradicted yourself.

CivRev, age of empires age of kings/mythologies, simcity and a cheap game I found called Great Empires Rome. It's basically Rome Total War.

I'd also suggest you play any of the Nentendo games, even Pokemon. Even though it's boring as crap, it still get's the job done.

Top Bottom